Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Kurt Leland, "Music and the Soul"

Blog Entries

Re: Kurt Leland, "Music and the Soul"

Well, since I recently laid my hands on Neuroprogrammer 2, I could just do this:

* Create a ramp session that induces a certain brainwave gradually (usually required at the beginning of every session).
    * Create a track that stays at a certain brainwave.
    * Do this for all the tracks I want to listen to: Overlay that 2nd track with the music track as a session.
    * Export.
    * Encode to MP3 (if size does require it).
    * Put all of this together in a folder/album on my MP3 player where the ramp track is track one.

The ramp track could be reused for any music I want to use it with. The individual pieces would not need individual ramp tracks, they would just contain entrainment that keeps you at that level. That's like the "Deeper Than A Zen Monk" session does it anyway - the first track ramps down into the desired brain wave, the second track keeps you there (in Holosync this would be "The Dive" and "Immersion").

According to the NP2 forum a low pass filter should be run over the music to avoid creating unwanted entrainment effects - frequency differencies between music and entrainment pitch must be high enough to not create monaural entrainment.

Sounds like a plan.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Over time I've found that eighth center music has an energetic effect on me. Not always - it's not like a switch that gets flipped. I need to be in a relaxed state, not so much in control (the state that most things happen for me).

What I get then is a deep, cold shiver, out of the center of my chest, from my heart, going outward.

Actually, coming to think of it, when I am in the right state then this can actually happen like the flip of a switch, given the conditions are right:

Les Beatitudes by Cesar Franck is a 7 movement suite about the beatitudes from Jesus' Sermon on the Mount. Kurt describes many 8th center moments sprinkled over the many movements of this piece. Each beatitude is sung by a singer representing Jesus, but there is usually some kind of story told before that, for example by the choir or also involving the Devil. Then Jesus cuts in and sings the beatitude, which kind of resolves the situation.

So, what happened is this: I am a bit drifting, in a relaxed mood. The piece is running on headphones. Then the voice of a singer cuts in, and the sensation of energy starts right with the very start of his singing. I cannot keep track who sings what in the piece, as I don't know French nor can distinguish who is supposed to be the baritone and who not, but the sensation came unexpected, right to the point and quite noticeably.

While other centers have influence on me, like the 5th center which indeed contributes to my well-being, this is the strongest energetic effect I encounter when listening to music. I had it in many pieces that are described to have 8th center music:

* Bruckner - Adagio of the 8th symphony (as described earlier)
    * Cesar Franck - Les Beautitudes (5th or 6th movement, cannot remember)
    * Yes, "The Gates of Delirium" (the final part of the song, also separately available as the single "Soon")
    * Wagner - Lohengrin Prelude

I think I might have felt it in other recommended tracks, but I am not sure which and when.

Oliver

i just got a copy of this book. quite by accident, i came across it the other day, not really looking to spend any cash that day, but it was the only copy in the shop, so i had to grab it.

then later that day a friend of mine dropped off some new software for making music, quite unexpectedly, too.

you think the Universe is trying to tell me something?
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

having only read a few chapters, i find this book already very inspiring.
    not only inspiration towards creating new music, but the memories and experiences it has brought back to the front of my mind, excellent, perfect.
    thanks Oliver, for bringing this to my attention.
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Blog Entries

Seems like Kurt is selling the book again. See on his page for the book here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4