Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Homosexuality- Gift or 'Spiritual Handicap?'

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Re: Homosexuality- Gift or 'Spiritual Handicap?'

Right now I am more or less just stating the most compelling arguments I have heard from the opposing side, because I have read a lot about this topic over the years. Most of the arguments are barely arguments/are just opinions, because they don't have a real explaination to why its bad, they just say its in the bible or its not natural.
    Honestly the more I think about it the more my original instincts are starting to become a little louder. In my gut it feels like a non-issue, but due to the fact that there are so many people who are so passionate about making people feel bad, I decided to revisit this topic again. There was a time when I really made myself sick over this and really screwed myself up over it, I have moved past this phase. Everyonce in awhile I slip and question myself but I think I am starting to fully make peace with this and move on to more important issues.

I really hope this post helps some people who are struggling with this.

star Guest

Psycho! One of my friends is gay - After I taught him Reiki he started advancing faster than me in the spiritual stuff. I go to HIM for advice now, and he used to go to me. Doesn't seem to be a handicap to me. You can take the rest I say with a grain of salt since my stories tend to be wild. i've interacted with the archangels, and they work with homosexual spirits all the time. I've even channeled one. It was one of the best channeling things that ever happened to me, the spirit was just so goddamned funny. he was making me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of the chair I was sitting on in the cafe I was channeling in! I got alot of wierd looks from that.

All the negetive rap homosexuals get - Its bullocks!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut1984
    Everyonce in awhile I slip and question myself but I think I am starting to fully make peace with this and move on to more important issues.
    I have that, too.

Oliver

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Psycho! One of my friends is gay - After I taught him Reiki he started advancing faster than me in the spiritual stuff. I go to HIM for advice now, and he used to go to me. Doesn't seem to be a handicap to me. You can take the rest I say with a grain of salt since my stories tend to be wild. i've interacted with the archangels, and they work with homosexual spirits all the time. I've even channeled one. It was one of the best channeling things that ever happened to me, the spirit was just so goddamned funny. he was making me laugh so hard I nearly fell out of the chair I was sitting on in the cafe I was channeling in! I got alot of wierd looks from that.

All the negetive rap homosexuals get - Its bullocks!
    Thank you for sharing. I got a kick out of that.

Psychonaut1984 Guest

I found this to be kind of ironic and interesting...
    Last night something made me decide to finish reading this book 'Otherwhere' by Kurt Leland, I started it a month ago but never got around to finishing it. Anyway during Kurt Leland's travels the topic of homosexuality comes up about 3 times. According to his interpretation of what he witnessed in the Human Afterdeath Zone, it seemed that the guilt associated with being gay often was keeping the individual from ever realizing their purpose in life. While it is important not to identify too much with the primate instinct we are born with, to not acknowledge them and resist them is a complete waste of lifeforce. According to him it seemed far worse to never realize your souls intentions for you, than to try to fit a mold that you don't fit, and try to please others in a desperate attempt to compensate. I am going to site a passage from the book because I found this to be really eye opening.
    The individual before you has just been brought from Immigration. Attuning your awareness to his energy field you'll percieve that he was born on the East Coast of North America to Catholic parents. During adolescence, the individual became aware of a strong attraction to men. This awareness coincided with his indoctrination into the Catholic belief system, which condemns homosexuality. He always wanted to be a good person, but when he realized that nothing could be done about his attraction to men - he would not grow out of it, and no attempt to cure himself would work - he more or less resigned himself to a life of celibacy.

...What he really wanted to be was an actor. He was aware that the theater was a hotbed for homosexuality, and thought he was saving his soul by avoiding it. Actually, the theater would have been his refuge. Eventually, he would have written moving plays about his struggle to accept his homosexuality while at the same time laying the foundation for a morally upright and spiritually fullfilling life. These plays of course, would have served as an inspiration for other gay men who had been born Catholic.

...He would find ways to make himself essential to the lives of everyone he knew, at no matter what the cost to himself. He was perpetually loaning money, doing favors, giving gifts, running errands-often responding to people's needs before anything was said. His weight problem was caused by sexual frusteration and his resentment of all the people who took advantage of him. Yet he never dropped his false smile or raised his voice in anger.

...Until his dying day, he hoped that he could buy his way into Heaven and the hearts of friends and family with the apparently selflessly serving of others. While that could perhaps be someone's life purpose, it wasn't his. From the soul's perspective, his personality was irremediably warped by the primate survival instinct, which manifested itself not in terms of his physical but rather his emotional and spiritual survival. None of the lessons the soul intended for him were learned (Leland 202-203).
    When I was reading that chapter last night this particular story really hit home for me in a lot of ways. I feel really grateful that I got out of that cycle. For awhile I was in a similar situation where my personality began to become warped by my primate instincts of emotional and spiritual survival. It was probably one of the hardest things I ever had to overcome. I highly reccomend this book, there are a lot of good lessons to be learned in it.

Timotheus Guest

Blog Entries

That was beautiful, Tim.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Psychonaut1984,

I looked for and couldn't find that passage. I went to bed convinced it didn't matter: you'd get your answer when the time was right.

Remember that religions say a lot of things. If you look at the history of slavery in America, the Churches justified the practice with the Bible. They even used religion (with omissions) to keep the black people in line. When women wanted suffrage in England, the churches opposed them and when they went on a rampage they often retaliated by attacking churches. Religions have sanctioned murders in "Holy Wars". They've stolen from people in these wars and missions were at the forefront of imperialism where native peoples were dispossessed, dehumanised and murdered. Religions murdered innocent women and men as witches. Religions have so much money and treasure that they could elevate the poverty and suffering of millions right now if they wanted to. Instead, they tell people that contraception is wrong.

If these things are not signs we need to think for ourselves, then I don't not what is.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

I'm afraid I'm gay, haha, so I suppose I should say something.

Since I was a child I've always had a tendency towards spiritually. I knew there had to be something more beyond the physical, and the empty words of the local Christian priests of my town. So I started off a personal voyage when I was 10.

Nowadays, I've got to the following point:
    1.I've had several astral projections and lucid dreams.
    2.I've quite excelled at NEW, and I can work with my chakras and energy system in a powerful way. I've even developed a short term precognitive capability.
    3.I'm very proficient at meditating. I chose Ed Steinbrecher's Inner guide meditation, which combines astrology, tarot and psychology. What I've experienced in that field is so awesome that I prefer to keep it to myself.
    4.Now I trust life at all, whatever it happens.

That said, and as long as I've been practicing taoism for some years, I can conclude why the say what they say: taoism is based in the duality of the male and female. To practice taoist yoga, for example, you have to meet a woman who will function as the receiver of the energy, and you'll do the same as the emitter.

In spite of that, there's a taoist writer who has explicitly said that there's no problem about being gay to participate in such exercises and life-style. And, indeed, I can assure that. I've been practicing the micro cosmic orbit and the sexual sublimation for some years with much success.

Nowadays, I'm trying to fusion my female energy, and energy I've started to discover in the last years. In fact, that's the key in the enlightment process, to merge your male and female energies, a thing that happens when the ajna chakra is fully activated.

Steinbrecher said in his book (a must, in my opinion) that gay people have a "different" energetic system which helps them to gain access to a different levels to those of the het people. That's why wizards and tribe gurus have always been gays, as he states. It's an opinion, but it's interesting to hear about it (refreshing, in fact).

I don't know where I'll end up, but I'm sure I'll attain many spiritual goals in this lifetime.

Mystikal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Timotheus
    i imagine the more correct interpretation that homosexuality is a spiritual handicap merely points to the increased struggle of being either male or female while having the opposite sense of identity within.
    Homosexuality and transsexuality aren't the same thing - being gay doesn't mean that you identify as the opposite sex. If they were the same, people like me (an MtF transsexual lesbian) wouldn't exist.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast