Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Monkey Mind

Re: Monkey Mind

Dear all,
    sorry I again returned to this subject.

Reason is that I found that this subject is one of main key point for me.
    And nice, perfect feeling is not actually most important reason.

Most important reason is that I found that I'm not able to do any Energy Work, OBE or healing without making my Monkey Mind silent first ( by occupying mind with breathing awareness ).

I will be very happy to hear from you your own personal experience with Monkey Mind.
    How you are making Monkey silent? Or maybe you are not making it at all? How often you are making it?

Many thanks ,
    Jev

Blog Entries

I don't make my MM. go silent. I simply allot it some time to chatter on, and then I'm done with it. When I'm ready to let it go, I observe the thoughts, and mentally 'do' something else. I wait until I'm in a trance to do this, and go from there.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I've learned to treat my thoughts and worries and so forth as just random transmissions. Some of them are interesting, some are ridiculous, some are pointless babbling, some are meaningful, most have to do with day to day living like what I need to buy from the grocery store and what I'm going to make for dinner, etc., but they're just thoughts. I don't have to focus on them or tune in to them.

I have the television on in the background in my house a lot of the time (not by my choice; I prefer the quiet). I don't actually listen to it. If something interesting comes on, I might hear it and investigate what it is, but mostly, I just let the TV noise slide past.

I can usually do that with my thoughts, as well. But, like the television that I can't seem to persuade people to turn off (believe me, I try to get them to shut that bloody box up), my thoughts are always there. I just choose not to focus on them unless I need to (like when I'm in the grocery store getting those things I was thinking about needing), or I pick the thoughts that I do want to focus on, and just let the rest go by.

During meditation/trance, it's a lot easier to let them go, but I've been practicing for years. At one time it wasn't so easy. I use a combination of thinking about something distracting (such as counting backwards from a thousand) and just allowing thoughts to "have their say" and then releasing them, simply observing them as they go past. I also have a little "box" I built inside my mind where I put persistent thoughts that I can't quiet. I just put them in there and shut the lid, knowing that I can get them out later if they're important.

Not sure if that's what you're asking, but there you go.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Thanks CFTraveler !!!
    Actually I also don't make MM silent. MM just go silent automatically when I occupying mind with something else ( for example by breathing awareness ).
    In fact I already do it very easy (one year practice). Sometime I even not doing breathing awareness, but simply just start energy work and it very quickly entirely occupy my mind by that.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I don't make my MM. go silent. I simply allot it some time to chatter on, and then I'm done with it. When I'm ready to let it go, I observe the thoughts, and mentally 'do' something else. I wait until I'm in a trance to do this, and go from there.

Thanks OlderWiser !!!
    That's exactly what I was asking.
    It's so nice feeling to be in touch with such experienced person as you.

I also have this problem with TV noise in background.
    But sometime this noise doing actually good job for me - it's occupying my mind, and as a result of it MM going silent automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    I've learned to treat my thoughts and worries and so forth as just random transmissions. Some of them are interesting, some are ridiculous, some are pointless babbling, some are meaningful, most have to do with day to day living like what I need to buy from the grocery store and what I'm going to make for dinner, etc., but they're just thoughts. I don't have to focus on them or tune in to them.

I have the television on in the background in my house a lot of the time (not by my choice; I prefer the quiet). I don't actually listen to it. If something interesting comes on, I might hear it and investigate what it is, but mostly, I just let the TV noise slide past.

I can usually do that with my thoughts, as well. But, like the television that I can't seem to persuade people to turn off (believe me, I try to get them to shut that bloody box up), my thoughts are always there. I just choose not to focus on them unless I need to (like when I'm in the grocery store getting those things I was thinking about needing), or I pick the thoughts that I do want to focus on, and just let the rest go by.

During meditation/trance, it's a lot easier to let them go, but I've been practicing for years. At one time it wasn't so easy. I use a combination of thinking about something distracting (such as counting backwards from a thousand) and just allowing thoughts to "have their say" and then releasing them, simply observing them as they go past. I also have a little "box" I built inside my mind where I put persistent thoughts that I can't quiet. I just put them in there and shut the lid, knowing that I can get them out later if they're important.

Not sure if that's what you're asking, but there you go.

Dear Timotheus,
    First of all very sorry for my terrible English.

Let me add few things.
    First, with breathing awareness method I was introduced one year ago from Robert's excellent book Astral Dynamics ( chapter "Taming the Mind" ).
    After that I'm practicing this method ( beside of other nice exercises from this book ) and have very good results with that.
    Recently I bought another nice Robert's book "Energy Work" where was again described this method.
    Most important point for me is that this method is really works for me! And result of exercises are going well.

This subject with MM I started mostly because I little bit worry about frequency of breathing awareness exercise and also because I was interesting about experience of other members of this forum.

Thanks
    Jev

Jaco Guest

I have always found helpful to consciously relax your body when you experience a "thought river".
    I noticed that in my case some of my muscles tend to tense up (especially face and shoulders). By consciously relaxing your muscles you focus on them and therefore you discipline your mind. You can keep concentrating on your body to keep the discipline. It is called body awareness.

Thanks Jaco !!!
    I'm also using this method - body awareness and found it almost such good as breathing awareness. So I'm using both methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco
    I have always found helpful to consciously relax your body when you experience a "thought river".
    I noticed that in my case some of my muscles tend to tense up (especially face and shoulders). By consciously relaxing your muscles you focus on them and therefore you discipline your mind. You can keep concentrating on your body to keep the discipline. It is called body awareness.

Timotheus Guest

alwayson4 Guest

There is no problem with monkey mind as long as you realize thoughts have no inherent essence. This includes the voice in your head and emotions as well.

Now in terms of astral projection, when you relax the body thoroughly, you change the energy currents in your body, so thoughts will naturally slow down if you let them.