Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you interpret dreams?

Blog Entries

Re: How do you interpret dreams?

If the hill indeed was "an elevated perspective" or a soul one, then it is interesting that what you first viewed as more evolved (older - adolescent) was indeed not (toddlers). That the sky nearly touched the hill might be another sign of an elevated perspective. The fogginess might indicated that this perspective is not clear for you - yet.

The idea that picking up the skulls might be criminal might have been your every-day logic intruding on the dream.

Juggling body parts... juggling is not only the artistic skill, but also a metaphor for managing many things at once. Like multi-tasking. Juggling with body parts - coordination. Body coordination. Also the other guy slipped - a lack of body coordination. All together with the shark symbol - given your interest in sharks quite possibly your personal symbol for your body consciousness.

Oliver

Blog Entries

Was the guy that slipped the one that got bitten or the other.

To electrocute someone - to shock someone.

Shocking two men - something about the topic from the other thread?

The shock did not last long.

Wire - connection. "The connection of two men came as a shock"?

Oliver

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Wow thats pretty good. I will have to think that over. Most of the things I would say feel like they make sense to me, except the ones with the men, and the juggling. I don't remember which guy slipped, I know the guy that was eaten was on the right and the guy on the left was wearing a white outfit, something a house painter would wear. I know left guy was holding the wire but I don't know if he was the one that was holding the exposed end. I almost feel like this has something to do with me being shocked out of staying in some really ♥♥♥♥ty jobs/going against the grain in my life. I now am making real progress in making money with doing things that I like doing, using my strengths as opposed to doing things I am not meant to do. Maybe that was me being eaten by the shark when I went against my strengths. The guy in white maybe was symbolic of my higher self, shocking me into embracing myself and the strengths I was born with even if it was painful. The juggling of the body parts for some reason feels like it has something to do with juggling my spiritual goals with my physical and monetary needs. All of them are parts of me.

I am getting major deja vu, did we translate another dream before? I had deja vu in my dream last night right before I woke up too. In the dream I experienced deja vu right before this priest gave me an exorcism, I forgot the words to the Our Father and Hail Mary, the priest fed the words to me then I woke up.

Blog Entries

Wow, Psychonaut1984, you did it! You figured out your own symbols!

The way you say it it makes sense and seems to be true to yourself. And that counts. If you *feel* you resolved a symbol, then you are right. Good stuff!

Oliver

Blog Entries

PS -

Doppler radar = guidance?

In Germany we say "we have something on our radar screen" when we are aware of something.

Oliver

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    PS -

Doppler radar = guidance?

In Germany we say "we have something on our radar screen" when we are aware of something.

Oliver
    I feel like that might be a prediction to something powerful then. Something that I could not get a visual on at the time but is a likely event. To most people I feel like this would mean some kind of destructive turmoil but I feel like in my case this feels like something really good. In my dreams tornadoes are always something awe-inspiring, exhilarating and beautiful, I never get any negative feelings from them even if they appear dangerous. This change might be a destruction of things that were holding me back, like self doubt, low self esteem etc... The fact that I have been having tornado dreams ever since I took this positive turn in my life last January is starting to make me think that tornadoes mean something good, possibly related to achieving my dreams, or connecting with God.

Thank you for reminding me about the Dopplar that totally made everything click with me.

I do not feel like the shark symbolism is fully resolved though. I feel like it works well in this dream but I don't think that would work in my other dreams. The shark is a common figure in my dreams so whatever it ends up meaning probably has to be consistent.

Maybe the shark has to do with fear, fear will consume me, and ultimately rip me to shreds?

Blog Entries

Symbols are often multi-facetted. The more they mean to you, the more often they will be used in different contexts.

Tornados are a force of nature. They are destructive, but also a fact of life. They are certainly awe-inspiring. I actually have to be careful - lately a lot of things I want manifest, and ever since watching "Twister" I somehow think of maybe wanting to se... better be careful!

As far as I understand them they carry things upward, yes? Like an upward moving force? Maybe they then stand for "being lifted", "being elevated"? Just like the sky nearly touching the ground could mean "the sky's the limit".

I did not understand what you meant with the shark splitting in half in the other dream?

It's very good use of your intuition that you recognised that the shark is not resolved yet. You're really good at getting the clues and using your intuition once you get going. That's why I find associations so helpful. You're getting somewhere, and your intuition can guide you in many ways.

Oliver

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Symbols are often multi-facetted. The more they mean to you, the more often they will be used in different contexts.

Tornados are a force of nature. They are destructive, but also a fact of life. They are certainly awe-inspiring. I actually have to be careful - lately a lot of things I want manifest, and ever since watching "Twister" I somehow think of maybe wanting to se... better be careful!

As far as I understand them they carry things upward, yes? Like an upward moving force? Maybe they then stand for "being lifted", "being elevated"? Just like the sky nearly touching the ground could mean "the sky's the limit".

I did not understand what you meant with the shark splitting in half in the other dream?

It's very good use of your intuition that you recognised that the shark is not resolved yet. You're really good at getting the clues and using your intuition once you get going. That's why I find associations so helpful. You're getting somewhere, and your intuition can guide you in many ways.

Oliver
    Yes tornadoes carry things upwards, usually in a counter-clockwise direction. (Maybe this means I will be carried upwards in a non-conventional direction)
    The shark in the other dream... yea it was really bizarre. In the dream I was watching a documentary, first I noticed I was looking at a congregation of Tiger sharks. There was a large group of them swimming around in circles. I noticed I as I was watching the documentary I was in there with them, but when I realized this I had a sense that they were not interested in me or could not see me. The narrator then pointed out two sharks. The male had a slit down the middle where his belly and private parts would be, he opened these flaps basically splitting itself in half and covered the female. The narrator said something about the male usually not surviving this type of mating but in rare cases they do survive. The narrator said that if the male is weakened the female usually will just eat it when she's done mating with it.

Blog Entries

I can only once remember having a tornado dream. In the dream, it came and picked up my house (i.e., my psyche, my self, me, whatever) and turned it perfectly upside down and set it on the ground on the point of the roof.

I thought it was bizarre at the time (still do, actually). Shortly after that, I began a lengthy and rather painful transformation process that ended up with having my house completely demolished and slowly rebuilt.

I'm not saying that tornadoes are always going to mean that, but certainly tornadoes are symbols of change and often destruction. Oh, and in American symbolic culture, tornadoes are also associated with powerful cleaning (due to year of advertising that has seeped into the cultural consciousness).
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Psychonaut1984 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    I can only once remember having a tornado dream. In the dream, it came and picked up my house (i.e., my psyche, my self, me, whatever) and turned it perfectly upside down and set it on the ground on the point of the roof.

I thought it was bizarre at the time (still do, actually). Shortly after that, I began a lengthy and rather painful transformation process that ended up with having my house completely demolished and slowly rebuilt.

I'm not saying that tornadoes are always going to mean that, but certainly tornadoes are symbols of change and often destruction. Oh, and in American symbolic culture, tornadoes are also associated with powerful cleaning (due to year of advertising that has seeped into the cultural consciousness).
    I was thinking before that a lot of things lately seem to be pointing towards a Kundalini awakening. I don't know if that is too premature to start thinking about, I'm only 25. Was that what you were refering to?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast