Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment is "Growing Up"

Sparkwielder Guest

Re: Enlightenment is "Growing Up"

It's interesting, that a gender issue came up in a thread that has "growing up" and "enlightenment" in the title! It is my personal belief, yes, my opinion, (so take it with a grain of salt!) that this is exacly where society needs to grow up!
    I wish we could just put gender behind us when engaging in spiritual persuits as gender pertains to the physical body.
    What sex is your soul? Yea, mouse over it! unless you want to try to make "soul babies" If anyone succeeds, I would like a full report please!

Alright, dry humor isn't the real reason for my reply, so onward!

I actually was very impressed with the original post because of two books that I have recently read, and was actually disappointed with. One was Graham Handcocks Supernatural (Sorry CFT, I know you liked it!) and the other was Inner Paths to Outer Space (I wasn't totally dissapointed with that one, there was some good stuff in there, and I especially loved the last chapter!)

The problem with a lot of Western books on spirituality is of lumping all of the different worlds into one "other world" like everything is in the same place. Both books imply that we should explore these worlds on our own.
    It's like saying that Tyro is on planet Earth, but not telling me what state it's in, and then telling me to go to this town.
    O.k., I wanna go, but I'd like a map please. Oh, and some instructions on how to avoid, or deal with those nasty alien greys would be essential, I think! Ok, so maybe those books are meant for an audience that is just beginning to explore these concepts, but don't tell them to go there without the map, and some kind of astral pepper spray!

What they don't tell you, is what Dreamosis said in his OP.
    We live not in one world, but in a world interpenetrated by many worlds inhabited by many types of beings -- some nice and some not so nice.
    It's also what what I like about Robert Bruce's writings, he does supply a map, and the Pepper spray!

The other thing I didn't like about Grahams book is that it was soooooo repetative!

Sometimes you have to navigate through hell to get to heaven. For some of us there are no bypasses, but once you learn how to get through it, it is no longer a roadblock, and what's on the other side is worth the journey! (Sounds like the biggest understatement, but I dont know how else to put it.)

Timotheus Guest

Blog Entries

I actually was very impressed with the original post because of two books that I have recently read, and was actually disappointed with. One was Graham Handcocks Supernatural (Sorry CFT, I know you liked it!)
    It wasn't me. I thought it was Beekeper that read it but not sure. Maybe Tempest? The one I liked was Pinchbeck's, the Return of Quetzacoatl, although I don't really agree with some of his ideas.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

dreamosis Guest

but don't tell them to go there without the map, and some kind of astral pepper spray!
    Or, never offer somebody a new awareness without a way of dealing with it.

"Maps" and protection methods are key in exploring inner space. Of course I'm sure many of our ancestors have done it without either.

What I'm also considering now is that there are many, many ways of dealing with otherworld beings. A lot of beings -- like the parasitic types of negs -- are best avoided or warded off. But I'm beginning to sense that the subtle planes of existence are wider than I ever imagined. This is pure speculation, but I'd be willing to bet that there are complicated bureaucratic balances between realms and races. It isn't as simple as heaven versus hell, or warfare versus the time of Judgment.

Sparkwielder Guest

Of course I'm sure many of our ancestors have done it without either.
    According to the book I mentioned, they have been doing it for as long as humans have been graffitiing caves!It would seem like we should have it all figured out by now, but maybe as you said, it might be very complicated. It seems like a lot of different people have different understandings of how it all works.

Hmmm. What I hear in hypnogogia is rarely coherent, but a jumble of roaring sea and computer-like beeping and various indistinct voices.
    I just noticed this, that exactly the way it is with me too. It's like hearing a bunch of radio stations all at the same time a lot of times for me in that state.

It wasn't me. I thought it was Beekeper that read it but not sure. Maybe Tempest? The one I liked was Pinchbeck's, the Return of Quetzacoatl, although I don't really agree with some of his ideas.
    Soory about that, yes it was Beekeeper.

that you imagine that gender relates only to the anatomy of the physical body is conclusive evidence to your preturbation.

but, no worries, i imagine that your badge of "enlightenment" is quite safe sown on your starched and uniformed pre-judicial likes and dislikes of what ought to come up within a forum topic.
    That really is quite an attitude you got there Timmo. I guess you have it all figured out don't you? Is God male or female? Tell me please! I always thought the answer was Both, but my knowlege pales next to that of a Guru like you. You really do like to hear yourself talk don't you?

I agree that men are in need of the divine feminine; as women are in need of the sacred masculine. Both are to be found within, as well as without. A world-wide spiritual movement based totally in the feminine, and denying the masculine, would be as repressive as Abrahamic religious patriarchy.
    As much as I would like to kick some male butt because of the way I have been treated in this society, I am 100% in agreement with your statement! There should be balance, like in the yin/yang symbol.

I'd use this for my signature, except it doesn't allow so many characters ...

“Speaking metaphorically(!), the first thing we must do in our bid for freedom is kill our parents. We kill the Buddha (or equivalent) last on the way to truth-realization, but we kill our parents first on the way to anywhere. There are a whole lot more people who need killing before freedom is achieved, but that’s how it must begin. Until we kill our parents (metaphorically!) we remain unborn.” – Jed McKenna, Spiritual Warfare, page 227

Sparkwielder Guest

No, we must wait!

She is baking chocolate friendhip bread right now!

You probably know what I mean. What Jed means. It just resonates well with me. I agree with the idea that enlightenment is a kind of growing up; it seems that it is normal to reach a certain age like 10 or 12 and from there only the physical body seems to get older. The influence of people can be a serious obstacle to actually growing up.

Ouroboros Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkwielder
    No, we must wait!

Chocolate friendship bread? o.o I'm alternately scared and intrigued.

As for McKenna...I'm still not sure whether or not I want to delve into his books. Perhaps I'm letting the negative reviews I've read influence me too greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkwielder
    No, we must wait!

Chocolate friendship bread? o.o I'm alternately scared and intrigued.

As for McKenna...I'm still not sure whether or not I want to delve into his books. Perhaps I'm letting the negative reviews I've read influence me too greatly.
    So "kill" the reviewers, in order to make up your own mind afterward. Eventually you will have to "kill" Jed, too, if you do read his books and if you like them.