Thread: Conquering Solipsism Syndrome

Free_955 Guest

Conquering Solipsism Syndrome

Solipsism = the fear or belief that your mind is the only knowable/real thing and that everything else is just imagination/projection from the mind. Life is a dream/illusion

It all started out when some silly philosophy teacher said, "you can't theoretically prove other people are conscious" and that "how do you know that my blue is the same as your blue". That made me worry that people around me may be lifeless, or that the reflection I saw of myself in the mirror would be a horse to them. Then I had a euphoria where everything made perfect sense, as long as it was just a "dream" and all my creation. But then it got scary, like considering if other people are like characters on a TV screen who "appear" to have emotions, but actually don't, which are driven by my "evil higher self".

This came around from reading too many books on Quantum physics, such Ramtha's What the Bleep do We Know cult, which I hear made scientists quite angry.

Is it possible to see through someone else's eyes, somehow, and know what they see?

Some psychologists say that pure solipsism is the most painful and confusing emotion a human can ever endure.

To overcome solipsism syndrome, it is best not to ever think about "divine matrices" or "holographs", which is all too confusing and too theoretical. I think the heart knows the answer, not the mind.

My proof so far
    1. takes two to define consciousness
    2. organ transplants
    3. looking at other people's drawings/books
    4. knowing solipsism is useless (gives heart problems)

What are your experiences with connecting to other people's minds? Can you escape your own subjective experience?

Thank You

Re: Conquering Solipsism Syndrome

Taken too far, this can lead to becoming a sociopath, where other people become things, not real.

Life is an illusion that you dream. The afterlife is an illusion that you dream.

We share this life, this illusion, with many others. This is consensus reality.

We have an individual reality, and share a consensus reality.

But life is still a dream and ones perception of it is highly subjective.

But who is the dreamer.....

I suggest you look at the books by Ruiz, The 4 Agreements and, The Voice of Knowledge. These explain this far better than I could hope to here.

robert