I just recently purchased both of these, and I have to say, it was money well spent! I purchased Mind Stereo first, and to be honest, while it's a very nice program, I wish I had gotten NP2 first and just stuck with it. Since getting NP2, I haven't touched Mind Stereo. I've found that brainwave entrainment seems to only work for me when I can audibly hear the entrainment tones...if it's buried within background noise, it doesn't seem to work quite as well. This may explain why I haven't had much luck with the Hemisync product.

In any case, I downloaded the user created files "Deeper Than a Zen Monk", which are supposed to approximate the Holosync system. I've only done one complete session at this point, but it was a very promising session, as I definitely felt like I was in a state other than normal waking consciousness. Not quite at the mind awake/body asleep state, but definitely operating at a different level than I'm used to.

I noticed something very interesting too...I think I hold a lot of tension in my heart chakra. While listening to the files, I noticed that every part of my body seemed relaxed except for my heart center. There's something there that isn't letting me relax completely...the area kind of felt like a bubble of tension. It was hard and unmoving, like it didn't want to let the waves of relaxation in. I got the impression that this is tied to fears I have concerning sudden death - I think on some level I don't trust my body, i.e., I continually monitor my body because I'm afraid if I leave it to it's own devices it'll stop working.

I'm looking forward to seeing what effects regular use of the program has. I definitely recommend this program to anyone who has the cash to purchase it (The home version is $49.99, pro version (which I got) is $59.99).