Thread: Split from "Robert on realistic expectations on Kundalini"

Frankez Guest

Split from "Robert on realistic expectations on Kundalini"

Split from Robert's stickied topic about what to expect from Kundalini

Hi. I agree on your quote that:

Raising kundalini today seems to be viewed something like the ultimate scout badge. A 'must have it now at any cost' kind of thing.

I say this just from reading different forums and posts. I wonder how many people really have any idea what they are trying to get themselves into? For myself it was purely accidental. I had no idea about any of this stuff, but I did learn what was going on and it's taken about 10 years to be "normal" again. My experience was a "spontaneous" one and it was through synchronicity that I understood what was going on. But that's human nature, I guess...you can't leave well enough alone. One thing I notice is that a lot of folks want to go staright for the "spiritual" jugular vein...they want instant access to 3rd eye vision. I don't have a point, really, just that a lot of people need to back to the basics of just being human, and that includes everyhting that's great about us, such as being kind and caring creatures, who try everyday to better ourselves and our world. Hhhmmm.....then again there is some kind of spiritual race going on.....hhhmmm, again....just as the original says, be careful with what you are trying to do and be extra careful with what you really want.

star Guest

Re: Robert on realistic expectations about Kundalini

If you don't mind me asking, what do you think caused your spontaneous experience? Also, what was that experience like? How are things now, now that you've had time to become "human" again?

Does it benefit you at all to have had this happen you think? (I'm curious becuase I read so much but its not easy to meet anyone wh owent through it.)

Frankez Guest

Re: Robert on realistic expectations about Kundalini

Hi. Well, I think what caused it was a venture with psychotropics. Now, I hope I am forgiven for speaking of that, but I think that is what capitualted the events.....looking back, I lived a life that was on the "edge". A lot of stress, worrying, fear, anger, frustration that everything I ever did just did not work out and the world was against me. I realize I carried a lot of hurt and I was not the most socially healthy person. Now I see how reactionary I used to be, too. I think I was really pushed emotionally and psychologically (like a lot of people) just with life. So I tried a "trip" just as an escape, but it stayed with me....it was a few weeks after my venture that all these things started happening and I was out of my head, physically...I was unbalanced, dizzy, felt like everything around me was whirling and reality became surreal. It was so bad that I was babbling at the dinner table, hearing voices, having visions, and felt that I was soon going to die. I was lost, really, but my physical sensations were hell, in that I always physically felt as if I were inebriated and my head was spinning.
    Well, a million things happened, but it was a friend I met who I knew only for a bit, and lead me in the direction that I was having a Kundalini experience. At first I was too confused or couldn't understand or believe her, but things worked out slowly, when I began to read on what was happening. That took about two years to get to grips with, but it was early on that I was convinced that when I was spontaneously experiencing yogic poses in bed and then reading that that can happen, is when I gave it the name of Kundalini opening. And when I had an OBE is when I surrendered myself and just allowed it to happen. I was too tired to do anything, and my instinct was to gave in to the experience, and I feel I had a psychic cleansing.
    So how am I better as a person? Well, during the "trip", I realized that I wanted to be human. I always, always felt disconnected from people and groups, and always felt I was incapable of having "feelings". I always felt different and I could not, for the life of me, understand what real emotions were. But after a lot of study and opening up to others, is wher I am now. I've learned that I'm empathic, and can now understand and deal with it....that's taken a few years, too, but I like where I am now, and somehow, I made it through. Also, I never had intentions or was seeking "knowledge". I had no idea about spirituality or energy. And looking back, I guess I had alot of experiences that would raise the kundalini....things that happen to make your adreniline pump.
    So I see all of us as the same...we come from the same are are going back to the same...what that is I don't know of course, but I know it's right to treat others fairly and it's good to practice kindness. And I'm happy that I've learned what it is to be human, and I feel normal again, just that my psychology is cleaner, I'm in tune with the "vibe", and I've learned to love life. In other words, I've awakened to the spirit, and I leave a lot of the metaphysical stuff alone. I just like being alive and having interactions and experiences with others and I try to better myself everyday.