Split from Robert's stickied topic about what to expect from Kundalini

Hi. I agree on your quote that:

Raising kundalini today seems to be viewed something like the ultimate scout badge. A 'must have it now at any cost' kind of thing.

I say this just from reading different forums and posts. I wonder how many people really have any idea what they are trying to get themselves into? For myself it was purely accidental. I had no idea about any of this stuff, but I did learn what was going on and it's taken about 10 years to be "normal" again. My experience was a "spontaneous" one and it was through synchronicity that I understood what was going on. But that's human nature, I guess...you can't leave well enough alone. One thing I notice is that a lot of folks want to go staright for the "spiritual" jugular vein...they want instant access to 3rd eye vision. I don't have a point, really, just that a lot of people need to back to the basics of just being human, and that includes everyhting that's great about us, such as being kind and caring creatures, who try everyday to better ourselves and our world. Hhhmmm.....then again there is some kind of spiritual race going on.....hhhmmm, again....just as the original says, be careful with what you are trying to do and be extra careful with what you really want.