Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Do people treat you differently?

Blog Entries
    When I was new to energy work every time I picked a spot to work on my cat would jump on me, usually on the precise spot. It was very distracting. Now I have two, and they don't do it as often (but my first cat still does, she may be more sensitive to energy, and she is the fierce hunter in the family). But I have to say people don't treat me any differently.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

lorrie Guest
    I am an empath, so I have had people coming up and talking to me for years. I worked in construction for ten years until I was in a construction accident that ended that career, but it was usual for men who were complete strangers to walk up to me and beginning to tell me their life story. Sometimes this was quite lengthy, but I would patiently listen and let them talk, when they finished, they would get this really odd look on their face as if they just realized what they had done, and had no idea why they had just told all of this to a complete stranger. I tend to be a hermit and avoid people, but they are drawn to me. I have had this happen in stores also with men and women both.
    I have worked with energy for many years, but not as intense as the NEW system is, now I am wondering if I am going to get this attention from even more people, maybe I should hide away for a while!!!
    I also have a huge problem with being able to slow my mind, I have been doing meditation for a few years and it has helped. This gets quite bothersome at times though! It takes me a little while to still my mind enough to use NEW, once I get started it feels so good that my mind will stay with it so far. I tend to get headaches, I have always wondered if they are from energy not being released so I am waiting for a headache to hit so I can try to experiment and see if it helps, of course since I began using this, I haven't had any headaches, hmmm, maybe that tells me that it is helping???

Snowman23 Guest
    I've noticed changes in peoples behavior around me aswell. I mainly catch people staring at me at various times of the day. People seem to notice me more aswell.

Why is it? I've asked someone they told me that something about me seems different, but they don't know what.

Seo Guest
    Once, before I discovered energy work a few months ago, I had a college history professor who was described by many secular students as having a presence that would fill whatever room he is in. When I took his Ancient History class, I saw what they meant. This guy literally commanded the entire room, and rarely spoke above a whisper. I later found out he was the Tai-Chi instructor as well.

I think subtle energy levels and charisma are very related. I too have noticed people being nicer to me since I've started energy work. People who don't notice anything should probably assume they've had high charisma their whole life, rather than feel left out. I see two possible explanations for the whole phenomenon: either people are reacting to the energy, or the discipline required for energy work causes one to change one's attitudes in such a way as to make them more instantly likeable.

I like both explanations, and think both are true to greater or lesser extents depending on the situation. If you have high energy, people attuned to this naturally might react. Then again, someone not attuned naturally might still react to the calm, quiet confidence of a disciplined mind. The combination, I think, is what gave my history prof enough power to not only silence distractions, but to make people want to listen.

Poor RB, I wonder if people ever leave him alone..........

chrystalpaths Guest
    Sometimes yes. My own family think I'm a bit off, but they've always been that way because I've always been a bit off. I'm also a big time hermit and find that people do the same thing...just say hi then launch into conversation. I rarely , if ever, do that. Even via internet connections with people are SO interesting. Being "different" one just learns as one grows to adapt I think. Crowds make me jumpy. Too many thoughts and energies.

As for the cats! Cats love energy, Reiki, meditation but are sometimes disruptive unintentionally during a session, they love the vibe they feel and just gotta rub and purr. Now dogs seem unsettled and worried when their human is meditating or Reiki or whatever. Do I mind folks treating me "different"....not really. I was always the square peg in the round hole of life.

crappysurfer2 Guest
    ill agree with the cats, cats have ALWAYS been drawn to me, ive been to friends houses where they say "oh dont touch the cat its crazy" ill have it purring on my lap in 2 minutes, i also have the ability to hold butterflies, most cases i can hold them and they wont fly away, or they wont leave until they want to

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4