Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Methods to Project or OB from Lucid Dream

Blog Entries

Methods to Project or OB from Lucid Dream

I saw a comment in Robert's blog in which a poster said that there are no online tutorials on how to OBE out of a LD. In light of this I'll write something up.
    Please add anything that works for you if it moves you.

Here's the methods that work for me.

* At the moment you know you're dreaming, and wish to project, start flying upwards. Try to do it as fast as you can. Then you will feel a 'shift', and you will feel instantly transported to an astral environment.
    * When you start flying upwards, stop and look behind you. You may see a grid or a plane. Fly back into one and you're in an astral environment.
    * When you've flown high enough, you may find yourself in a starry field. Pick one and fly to it. You may find yourself in an astral environment.

For an RTZ projection,
    * When you become lucid, ask to go back to your body. While still seeing the dream pictures you will start to feel your body. Keep your eyes closed, and then start doing an exit method. I usually get vibrations (it's the only time I do now) and exit the old-fashioned way- an etheric projection to the RTZ. However, I find that it doesn't last long- There is usually something that transports me to the astral- a vortex, or gateway, or character.

Those are the ones that work for me. There's other methods, (like spinning), but I've never had success with it.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 20th September 2012 at 12:34 PM.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

star Guest

Re: Methods to OBE from Lucid Dream

Thanks CTF! Man, I wish I could become a little more lucid, then I'd be doing this all the time.

kiwibonga Guest

For me, a lucid dream feels like I'm projecting into a sort of bubble about 3 inches above my stomach; happens by itself, though, I only realize it once I'm there.

So one way to exit the lucid dream and go into the OBE is to simply "feel around" for my body; not the physical body or the "dream body," but rather a body in between, which I guess is probably the etheric body (though I'm not sure, maybe what I think is the physical is actually the etheric and this in-between body is actually a projectable double that is created when I start "feeling around" for it).

It takes some practice to "feel around" because it's like you can feel things in more than one body at once, and you feel things that are outside your body... You really have to free your mind of all preconceived ideas, forget about being a body with two arms, two legs and a head; assume you are whatever you can feel, which can be much more than just one thing at a time, in one place at a time.

When you "feel around," it's like you're sending out etheric matter from the core that goes and hits the walls of slightly more rigid energetic structures that make up your other bodies. It's the same principle as a sonar, you send out this "stuff" and when it touches something, you can feel that it's there, it allows you to get a very detailed, three dimensional mental picture of what's around you. When I say "stuff" or "etheric matter," I mean this indistinct fuzzy substance that seems to make up your body when you're projected... It can take on any shape, and it's usually very soft, like a cloud of smoke that you can control completely, that can be completely intangible but visible, or invisible but with different degrees of hardness and smoothness... It's also a communication device -- ideas can flow through it like electrons through metal. "Thought stuff" is a good way to call it; I think that's what Robert called it in his original treatise.

So what you want to do is become aware of where your "thought stuff" is and what it's doing... The dream landscape you're seeing is like a gigantic movie screen, like you're wearing a virtual reality helmet. The virtual reality that you perceive around you is actually contained in "thought stuff." All your "thought stuff" is focused towards this virtual reality (more or less exclusively). So the trick to exiting the lucid dream without waking up is to control this "thought stuff" and stop the flow of information between you and it.

A simple way to do it is to just wave your dream hand in front of you, as if you were wiping away the dream. When I do that, I literally wipe away the landscape; as my hand is passing in front of me, the dream landscape is on the left of my arm, and it's slowly being replaced by what's on the right -- my room!

From there, you're pretty much in the same state as you are during sleep paralysis, though perhaps slightly less focused towards the physical, so it's usually easy to just get up and walk away from the body, but you can use the usual exit methods if you encounter difficulties, like the ROPE or rolling out, pulling yourself towards furniture with super-long arms, etc...

Blog Entries

If anyone has more methods, please post here.
    For questions or comments, please go to this post: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14648

5. Re: Methods to OBE from Lucid Dream

For me works:
    * At the moment you know you're dreaming, and wish to OBE, start flying upwards. Try to do it as fast as you can and say out lout "I want to project now". Then your dream will end and you will feel your physical body in vibra state, just use any exit technique and you're in RTZ.
    * At the moment you know you're dreaming, and wish to OBE, just sit on the ground or anywhere you like and start meditate, like you always do when you want to project,...imagine those vibrations and soon dream will ends and your physical body will bi in vibra state, now use any exit technique and you're in RTZ.

Those two methods works perfectly for me, did not tested any other yet.

ArcticStoneage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Astral1t1
    * At the moment you know you're dreaming, and wish to OBE, just sit on the ground or anywhere you like and start meditate, like you always do when you want to project,...imagine those vibrations and soon dream will ends and your physical body will bi in vibra state, now use any exit technique and you're in RTZ.
    Those two methods works perfectly for me, did not tested any other yet.

This works for me. Once I start to concentrate in the dream, the dream imagery vanishes and is slowly replaced by physical body awareness. But the shift is so gradual that you can't help but feel exit sensations (etheric body) and can easily project before full integration with the physical.

My only problem is too few lucid dreams

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    At the moment you know you're dreaming, and wish to OBE, start flying upwards. Try to do it as fast as you can.
    When you become lucid, ask to go back to your body. While still seeing the dream pictures you will start to feel your body. Keep your eyes closed, and then start doing an exit method.
    There's other methods, (like spinning), but I've never had success with it.
    I have tried them all, but not so many times that I could call them good or bad for me.
    Flying upwards just wakes me up with a sense of movement still present somewhere inside me.

When I try to wake me up from dream a bit so to go to RTZ, I have problems keeping eyes closed - when dream scene fades away, I already immediately see my room. I have no idea, what is happening - am I sleeping with my eyes open? Sometimes my room gets into the dream - some pattern of a wallpaper seems alive creature in a dream, and when I wake up, I already see that I was staring at the wallpaper. And often I have a sleep paralysis then, but it is not scary in the morning. I guess, according to some books, sleep paralysis is some kind of "etherical projection", that is why it is so hard to move even my dream body in a asleep paralysis.

One night in a normal dream I started spinning fast, and I had no idea why I am doing that. While spinning, some bits of memory came to me, and I remembered that this could cause astral projection, but although the dream was pretty normal, I did not feel ready for such move yet, so I told myself - stop spinning NOW! And after the spinning I had a dream about me walking to my bedroom and seeing my bed, but it was not my room, and there were many people around

A method that I didn't see mentioned:

In short: fall backwards, simulate falling
    "Another slightly less complicated method of converting lucid dreams into OBEs requires simulating the feeling of falling within the dream itself. To use this technique, cross your dream arms across your dream chest once you realize you are dreaming. Relax your dream body, then allow yourself to fall backward as if dropping back onto a bed or into someone's waiting arms. When this method is effective, the dream imagery will usually disappear and you will find yourself falling through a void or through some blurred astral environment. You can then explore from there."
    Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce & Brian Mercer, page 84

In short: find a mirror, go through it
    Also, a technique that I have heard that has been effective and actually had one first-hand experience with is going through a mirror. Once you realize that you are dreaming, immediately run/fly to all the rooms until you can find a mirror; then just fly, jump, or walk through it. The same might work for a body of water (or a toilet ), not sure. I think that it's the "portal" metaphor that transfers you. It worked for me, but I went through it subconsciously. I had been reading a lot about people using it and was also trying an OBE training technique where you look at a mirror and imagine that you are the person in the mirror looking at you (like you are a mirror). I ended up having a definite Astral Projection when I went through the mirror in my dream, but then blacked out and didn't remember much in the Astral world when I woke up. I'm not sure if a mirror that you create works. You might have to find one already created.
    "Looks like cashmere, tastes like a miracle."
    jediTofu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jediTofu
    A method that I didn't see mentioned:

In short: fall backwards, simulate falling
    "Another slightly less complicated method of converting lucid dreams into OBEs requires simulating the feeling of falling within the dream itself. To use this technique, cross your dream arms across your dream chest once you realize you are dreaming. Relax your dream body, then allow yourself to fall backward as if dropping back onto a bed or into someone's waiting arms. When this method is effective, the dream imagery will usually disappear and you will find yourself falling through a void or through some blurred astral environment. You can then explore from there."
    Mastering Astral Projection by Robert Bruce & Brian Mercer, page 84
    Ha ha I used to do this as a kid- I discovered it by accident and did it all the time, not exactly on purpose, just 'cause it was fun to fall backwards and float, and then go flying away. This just brought me back.

In short: find a mirror, go through it
    Also, a technique that I have heard that has been effective and actually had one first-hand experience with is going through a mirror. Once you realize that you are dreaming, immediately run/fly to all the rooms until you can find a mirror; then just fly, jump, or walk through it. The same might work for a body of water (or a toilet ), not sure. I think that it's the "portal" metaphor that transfers you. It worked for me, but I went through it subconsciously. I had been reading a lot about people using it and was also trying an OBE training technique where you look at a mirror and imagine that you are the person in the mirror looking at you (like you are a mirror). I ended up having a definite Astral Projection when I went through the mirror in my dream, but then blacked out and didn't remember much in the Astral world when I woke up. I'm not sure if a mirror that you create works. You might have to find one already created.
    I would never pick a toilet- the association with it might take you somewhere you don't want to go.
    Everything has a subconscious association, so always pick the pleasant portals.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    When you become lucid, ask to go back to your body. While still seeing the dream pictures you will start to feel your body. Keep your eyes closed, and then start doing an exit method. I usually get vibrations (it's the only time I do now) and exit the old-fashioned way- an etheric projection to the RTZ.
    This does not need to result in an AP to RTZ. This can be a false awakening followed by starting to lucid dream - the vibrations are typical for entering lucid dreams. I think it is because one starts engaging the dream body senses.

Spinning, falling and walking through mirrors is typically used by lucid dreamers to change scenery. Spinning and falling also have the effect to stabilize a lucid dream.
    If you have a certain environment in mind, the new dream environment will tend to look like what you imagined. So you can have also a dream about having an OBE.

I think, if one does have the ability of reaching the public astral, then everything will work. The only thing needed is the clear intent.
    + Alienor +

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast