Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Didn't God have Oneness "In the Beginning"?

Didn't God have Oneness "In the Beginning"?

There was a time before time when all was undifferentiated vastness without so much as a single photon of light to streak across a sky that had yet to be born. You could say that there was just plain nothing, but the stories say an all-powerful and all-knowing and completely loving God existed. God did not reside in the Void because that would be separation. God was the Void. God had complete and perfect Oneness and God - being perfect - could not be improved upon. Actually, my question is this - why couldn't He have kept His mouth shut?

Timotheus Guest

Re: Didn't God have Oneness "In the Beginning"?

Blog Entries

Maybe it wasn't about expression- it was about 'being'. Maybe God wanted to be, and to be, expression had to happen. But then that would imply wanting, and wanting is a boo-boo word.
    So I don't know, either. Except that here we are.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

'In the beginning' implies time is a force outside of God, but I think time and our corresponding linear way of thinking is a consequence of our particular brand of physical existence, for nothing can be outside of God, in my interpretation. There is no beginning and no end. Or, equally, you could say that it is always the beginning and the end.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

And the undifferentiated oneness has not changed. You can visit it. I can't say its very scenic 'cause there is nothing to perceive other than a profound experience of sameness.

Your observation of something else is one of the greatest mysteries there is. This paradox haunts me every day
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    And the undifferentiated oneness has not changed. You can visit it. I can't say its very scenic 'cause there is nothing to perceive other than a profound experience of sameness.

Your observation of something else is one of the greatest mysteries there is. This paradox haunts me every day
    Your post echoes my thoughts exactly. There is no way to tell the difference between infinite void and endless sameness. If all around you it is nothing but pitch-dark or pure white light or endless purple haze or you are blind and can't actually see at all, it makes no difference if that is all you have known. The only way to perceive anything is to have something else with which to compare. So, God makes stuff in order to experience itself, is my (not really original) take on it.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Blog Entries

Violet Imagery beat me to it. Beginning and end are time concepts and in all likelihood only unique to some realities.

If God is consciousness then, presumably, God didn't need loneliness to motivate creation (though, it may have been the motivation, who knows?) Consciousness expresses itself: it creates. If we attribute motivation, we're probably creating the Infinite in our own image. Our own image, however, is an expression of the Infinite but one limited to our time, place, species, dimension, etc.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Yes, I've been there. Only once, but that was actually pretty much enough. The sensation of the experience was extremely vivid, and I can recall it instantly. That's how deep of an impression it made.

And yes, it's very strange that there is nothing to perceive. There's just... nothing. There's the potential for everything, but there is nothing. No emotion, no thought, no time, no space, nothing to see, just nada.

Oh, and as for "in the beginning", I don't think there actually is a "beginning", other than a beginning of time and space. Creation stories are stories of, well, creation, that is, the material world, including time and space. There is nothing "before" that because there is no "before" or "after" or "during" when there is no time or space....
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Timotheus Guest

Blog Entries

CFT,

why is it taboo to 'want'?-
    It is not taboo to want, it is wrong IMO to attribute 'want' to God Undifferentiated, because God knows no lack.
    We want because that is what we do when we can perceive separation- we perceive 'want' and then we 'get'. That's part of God manifest, a.k.a. 'The Multiverse'.
    No accusers, except my own sense of what's true.
    Regards,
    C.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast