Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
If this were my dream, I'd agree with your interpretation, however, because ascending and descending stairs have become an indicator of approaching or failing lucidity, respectively, I'd see the monkey's actions as not just indicative of what stops you "seeing" generally but as a part of your dream consciousness trying to make you see that you're dreaming.
Interesting. Hmmm. The house always has stairs because it is actually my parents' house, and that's a big old two story Edwardian with a basement and a full attic. I've never dreamed of the basement or the attic, but I very often go upstairs or downstairs when I dream of the house (once I went upstairs with Brad Pitt, yes, to my room, hubba hubba, but the dream didn't turn out that way in the end, dangit *sigh*).

Anyway, it is interesting that I was coming down the stairs when the monkey darted out and grabbed my eyes, and in order to find them, I had to go back upstairs. Hmmmm. I don't know why I didn't realise that I couldn't possibly have my eyes plucked out of their sockets and have them still be okay. That should have been a good lucidity trigger!