Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jed McKenna

Blog Entries

Jed McKenna

I keep getting what appears to be synchronicity suggestions regarding the books of Jed McKenna. So I did some research and it seems that Jed McKenna is possible a fictional person (well, a pen name, anyway; I can live with that), and there are some very negative reviews of his books.

Has anyone here read them? Apparently there's a trilogy on the topic of enlightenment? What can you tell me about the books of the probably pseudononymous Jed McKenna?
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Ouroboros Guest

Re: Jed McKenna

The negative reviews are one reason I haven't gotten the books yet. I'm still planning on getting them eventually, but they're not super high on my list.

I think Tom's read all three of the books in the trilogy, so I'm sure he'll have some input on this.

Blog Entries

Doing a search of these forums now, but I'm still interested in this discussion, which should prove to be more direct. Most of the references I'm finding are sort of woven into other conversations.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Yes, Jed McKenna is probably a completely fictional character in the same sense for example that Captain Kirk is a fictional character and William Shatner writes Star Trek novels featuring him. In this case we don't get to see the William Shatner behind the Jed McKenna. There are a lot of people who have strong negative reactions to him. There are even people who have strong positive initial reactions to him. I had a negative reaction at first. Jed's first book pissed me off and scared the hell out of me. Then I realized I loved the book and I read it again to try to get the same feelings back. I felt like I had approached a bottomless pit and backed away and I wanted to go there again to just jump, but it didn't work that way. The second book was a lot lighter, and it cleared up a few things I didn't understand. The third book was again challenging, and in a way that I hadn't anticipated. It was supposed to bring the trilogy "full circle". I found it truly did complete the trilogy, though, and I also read it more than once. I'd say that I've had two main teachers above all others in my life. One was Jed and the other I know "in person".

Blog Entries

Wow, that sounds good.

I'm not fussed by someone using a pseudonym. There are plenty of reasons to use a pen name, it's not a big deal. Some people do seem to take exception to it for some reason, though (I know if I ever wrote books, I'd certainly use a pen name!).

Blog Entries

As far as I understand it is not just a pen name, but also the main character is fictional? (Sorry, that's what I got out of the "William Shatner/Captain Kirk" thing...)

Oliver

Blog Entries

It appears to be fiction, but it's hard to say for sure. There's apparently a lot of speculation as to who "Jed McKenna" really is (he says it doesn't matter who he is, because he doesn't exist, anyway, which makes sense to me).

I think it's that the author, whomever it might be, wanted to tell stories with deeper meaning. I'm quite intrigued by the concept, actually. I found this:

http://ezinearticles.com/?expert=Jed_McKenna

Interesting reading.

Blog Entries

Well, that made me not like him.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

What did? The articles? Or that he's probably fictional?

Blog Entries

The attitude of the author.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast