Thread: Dream about giving Reiki

Dream about giving Reiki

I had a dream last night that my family and I was visiting some friends of the family (not anyone I know in real life) and I brought my two cats with. The other cats at the friend's house and my cats didn't get along and mine got chewed on a bit. I didn't know what to do and they were crying. All of a sudden I remembered I was attuned to Reiki so I tried to give them a Reiki healing and it worked. Their bites went away and they were fine.

I was attuned to Reiki in real-life (via a distance attunement) several months ago, but I have never practiced it at all. Do you think this dream is telling me it's about time, or is it symbolic of something else?
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Blog Entries

Re: Dream about giving Reiki

So - the symbols:

"friends of the family" (but not really) - familiar, people you might meet, a certain degree of familiarity
    a "cat fight" - a conflict between women
    bite marks - wounds from that aforementioned conflict

This could represent for example that Reiki can also heal such relationship conflicts. Which would be more of an emotional effect, I guess.

Or it could represent to yourself such a healing occurring within you, represented to you with Reiki as a symbol. In this case it would not be actual Reiki, but a metaphor for healing per se. Such dreams either are "after the fact" reports what happened or represent an inner process ongoing during the dream. In both cases that healing has been completed, though (as portrayed by the successful healing making the wounds vanish).

The cats were really crying?

Take care,
    Oliver

Re: Dream about giving Reiki

Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    So - the symbols:

"friends of the family" (but not really) - familiar, people you might meet, a certain degree of familiarity
    a "cat fight" - a conflict between women
    bite marks - wounds from that aforementioned conflict
    These are good ideas, not so sure about the 'cat fight' as a stereotypical conflict between women, but as a general relationship conflict maybe. It was more like the cats were my dependents/responsibility (I can't bring myself to call them my 'babies', lol) and I misjudged thinking they'd be safe unattended at the friend's house.

This could represent for example that Reiki can also heal such relationship conflicts. Which would be more of an emotional effect, I guess.

Or it could represent to yourself such a healing occurring within you, represented to you with Reiki as a symbol. In this case it would not be actual Reiki, but a metaphor for healing per se. Such dreams either are "after the fact" reports what happened or represent an inner process ongoing during the dream. In both cases that healing has been completed, though (as portrayed by the successful healing making the wounds vanish).
    Yeah, I was kind of leaning towards this interpretation myself.

The cats were really crying?
    Poor thing was bawling. She was the least hurt though. The other one was more stoic.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."