Thread: Is it possible to grow taller using Meditation?

Is it possible to grow taller using Meditation?

Howdy

I desire to grow taller, and I believe it may be possible. (note that I am 18 years of age)

Dr. Laura De Giorgio speaks of an inspiring story: "[Erickson] told about a 20-year-old man who grew 12 inches in height in the span of one year. In hypnosis, at the start of therapy, this stunted young man looked out on his world as though unwilling to grow, a modern-day Peter Pan." ... "Growth began to take place when Erickson encouraged the man to hallucinate his world as though he were standing part way up a staircase."

Hypnotist Wendi Friesen has a program called Body Mastery which now includes sessions to grow taller, and is all about building a powerful mind-body connection.

Visualisations, Affirmations, Healing Energy, Nutrition and Sleep, are all the things I think will aid this journey.

Does anybody have any suggestions, thoughts or ideas?

Thanks.

Re: Is it possible to grow taller using Meditation?

As long as you are not done growing taller, yes, it is reasonable to speed things up and grow taller. There are MP3s out there using subliminals and hypnosis for this purpose. I don't know anyone who has gotten them to work beyond getting taller due to posture corrections, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

Blog Entries

As far as I can see, people who practice Yoga or Qigong can "grow" somewhat - not by making the body grow, but by stretching the tissues and building up the musculature that keeps your body erect. Most of us probably are somewhat smaller due to these effects, and I also think that is the reason why we seem to "shrink" when growing old. Energy work enhanced exercises realign the spine for example, and this indeed makes you taller (as far as I know).

Oliver

4. Re: Is it possible to grow taller using Meditation?

Korpo is right.

Not just spinal excersises in yoga (which make you grow very slightly) But all excersise.

Running, stretching, martial arts... etc..

developing overall build will make you appear taller.

The term 'lanky' describes tall people with very little strength in there posture, and in a way, they do not appear that tall.

So focus on posture, the fitter you are the taller you will be percieved... and the taller you will FEEL. I know i used to be called midget in school, but now have pretty good structure cos of running, yoga etc..

Also I dont think visualisation will make you taller.

Stories like the guy growing a foot seem to be the kind fabricated to sell self help books.

Blog Entries

I agree with all the above posts. At 18*, you still have some growing potential and the positive suggestions under hypnosis may help you achieve your full genetic potential. Essentially, though, these things are linked to nutrition and not just your own but that of your mother when she carried you and her mother when she carried her. At least, this is what the scientists are saying now.

I know many short men who have made the absolute best of their physiques through exercise and of their personalities with mindfulness. I assure you, they are considered attractive and worthy of respect. Don't worry too much about our cultural prejudices, as long as you have a healthy body, you have everything going for you. If others feel inclined to continually point out your stature (whatever it may be) the problem is really with them.

As a teacher, I often hear young fellows complain that they're growing too slowly. I always tell them that in the plant world it's the slowest growing trees that live the longest.

* My husband tells me he was still quite short at 18 but by 20 he was almost 6 foot tall.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)