Thread: BWGen Installation Question

ManofBliss Guest

BWGen Installation Question

I am running a brand new Windows Vista OS on my machine and the installer file on the disk isn't working properly.

The "initialization" of the Setup goes on never-ending. I was forced to cancel it twice. This also occurred when I downloaded the same bwgen31.exe file from the BWGen website.

Comments, suggestions?

Tim

Ouroboros Guest

Re: BWGen Installation Question

I only have a comment, that being that I experienced the same problem. I'm running Vista as well, and could never get past the setup initialization screen. I wound up purchasing NueroProgrammer 2 instead, since I couldn't get BWGen to work.

Blog Entries

I'm wondering if it's a Vista problem. There are a lot of programs that don't install or don't run properly under Vista, especially if they're older programs.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

That's what I think too. I can't tell you how many problems I've had with my Vista with databases and such. It seems that even though a Vista is supposed to be like a more complicated XP, it has a lot of idiosyncrasies that make some stuff impossible. I'd guess that it's having problems recognizing some databases in the program.
    Good luck with that.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

5. Re: BWGen Installation Question

Quote Originally Posted by ManofBliss
    I am running a brand new Windows Vista OS on my machine and the installer file on the disk isn't working properly.

The "initialization" of the Setup goes on never-ending. I was forced to cancel it twice. This also occurred when I downloaded the same bwgen31.exe file from the BWGen website.

Comments, suggestions?

Tim
    To anyone having issues installing this program under Vista...
    Have you tried right clicking the installation program and clicking "Run as Administrator"?
    It kinda sounds like Vista isn't giving the correct permissions to the program to do what it wants.

Hi ya, I dont use Windows Vista however I am a computer tech by trade.
    What you can do is try running the installer in compatability mode for Windows XP. You may have to run the program this way once it is installed as well.
    See my notes in brackets with (my notes are here) -Neil
    To do so:
    Open Windows Explorer.
    Locate the application executable. (In this case the brainwave gen installer.)
    Right click the executable and click the Properties option.
    Select the Compatibility tab.
    Select the Run This Program in Compatibility Mode option. ( Choose Windows XP)
    From the drop-down list, choose (Windows XP)
    If necessary, select the option to run the program as an administration.
    Click OK. (Later on you may have to browse to where you installed the Brainwave gen program, and run that in the Xp compatability mode.)
    Credit give to this page for steps: http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2...mode-in-vista/
    Sincerely,
    Neil

Ouroboros Guest

Yeah, I tried running it in compatibility mode and as administrator, but neither method worked to get BWgen running.

I wonder if it'll work on Windows 7?

Ah thats too bad. I thought that would get that working on Vista.
    I used a beta copy of Windows 7 but did not try the generator on it. I can tell you that Windows 7 has really neat compatability modes.

Neil

9. Re: BWGen Installation Question

I have Windows 7 64 bit and I have the same problem, so windows 7 isnt any better off then Vista. Anyone have any ideas?