Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: a thought provoking idea

Diabolus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydel
    Satanism is probably one of THE most misunderstood philosophies in the world today. You have to keep in mind, that satanism actually has nothing to do with the Christian concept of Satan. The term Satanism was actually coined by the Roman Catholic Church hundreds of years ago, and it stuck. Satanism, is in essense, the philosophy of the self. While Anton LaVey is probably not the best source on the subject, it is a start, and I'm sure there are some gems. Always remember to "separate the wheat from the chaff" though.
    Yep, I completely understand why it's misunderstood. I'm always having to explain to people what I mean by Satanism if I ever need to mention it.

They would go "Satanism!? You're a devil worshipper?" and get out their crosses in a hope to ward me off. Then I'd have to explain to them that they have the completely wrong idea, then calm them and explain what it really is. My parents were fine with it though.

The fact they're gothic (Traditional, that is. Gothic is another misunderstood thing at the moment) might have helped, but I think it was more to do with the fact that they're atheists. My mum read about satanism and thought it was fine for me to persue.

Rydel Guest
    They would go "Satanism!? You're a devil worshipper?"
    That's the usual reaction when Satanism is mentioned. They are both completely different. I personally loath devil worship, while I'm not bothered by Satanism.

"If you had to give unconditional Love to another, what would you have to change within yourself to achieve that?"
    if i was the person making the statement, hopefully changing the idea that i HAD to give it unconditional love is tied in with your other post about "expectations" it has to do with getting out of the way (i feel). there's more to it but i'll have to put some time into getting it nice and simple. it's not an answer people should rush to answer.

Dsmoke Guest
    Getting back to the original question:

I'll echo Tom first and agree that I would need to love myself unconditionally. I'm making real progress on that, but it does take awhile to undo all the years of damage. When you don't love yourself, you tend to project your shortcomings, fears, and anger onto other people.

I would also need to be completely present, because then I wouldn't be traipsing about in the future or past with expectations and erroneous judgments of the person.

And finally, I would need to have more patience.

If love is expansion and fear is contraction, then fear is the opposite of love. Is it possible to have unconditional fear? Is it possible to gain an understanding of unconditional love by looking at unconditional fear?

i have attempted to post several times, each time the words have been lost. possibly thinking (as Alex pointed out) that words are useless in this matter has caused the glitches to keep my understanding to myself. it's one of those simple subjects that one could spend a life time contimplating.

love is something that is immediately lost with thought, and tucked in there somewhere is a profound truth. again i will agree with Alex that "everything is love". what gets in the way of that has nothing to do with time, or energy. nor who is worthy or not/capable or not...the only thing that circumvents love is ourselves. the ideas and thoughts that we have about it. i'm not sure that it's a "getting over/getting out of the way" move necessarily. just a quieting of the mind. in opening up and letting loose of the thoughts (that are stuck in the past), and the expectations (that are the "old thoughts" projected into the future) we are quenched in the creativeloveintelligence that is everything. that knows no conditions. WE invent the conditions in our thoughts about everything!

Christian Guest
    I didn't believe in God. Until I started to awaken spiritually and realising that there is a force that creates from chaos. If I have that power, to create myself from chaos (which i have done during a heavy crisis including kundalini awakening), then there must be a force that has created all that is because, I don't think the universe(s) is created by mere accident.

And I think it's possible to love unconditionally, but then as Tom said one must start with loving oneself unconditionally. I've started doing that but I think I have a quite long way to go before i can say that I love everyone unconditionally.

I think one of the ways as mentioned earlier to be able to love unconditionally is to start develop the chakras and preparing the energy body and then awakening the powerful serpent of fire, Kundalini.

Donald McGlinn Guest
    I had a problem with the use of the title God for many years as it had religous overtones for me.

When I decided that God wasn't religion, I found that I no longer had that issue.

However, having said that I sometimes forget that others out there have a problem with that title, or even the concept of God.

If you read a post of mine that has God in it, perhaps read universal consciousness or some other title or concept you are comfortable with.

I am sorry if my post made anyone uncomfortable, it wasn't intended.

Donald

kole Guest
    Hello all,
    I would like to to make some comments on the subject.
    The most important:
    Unconditional love is not only a feeling,so you can't say I love you unconditionally or I love myself unconditionally. More it's a state of the being (or better, other dimension ),so when you are in that state (in that dimension) you are love,and everything is love and there is nothing else but love.
    If somebody ask you "who you are?" your answer probably will be "I'm love".
    The world will be as it is now but there is something more that we can't see it now (with a reason). What we can't see now is the connection between all,there is no separation, there is no me and you,all is one,and you will see that very clear. There will be no more questions in your mind about anything,because you will know all,you will see "the big picture".
    What you will be doing is mainly enjoying in the peace,love,happiness,the bliss.

Blog Entries
    Remember that God create us, to his form and resemblance.
    I've just had a strange thought when I read the above quote (my thought is probably unrelated to the topic, sorry) - who or what created God in the first place? I guess we'll never know the answer to that.

Back on topic! Whoever said that we need to learn to love ourselves unconditionally in order to love others unconditionally is correct, but this can be one of the hardest things to do, especially under difficult circumstances. I guess this is where part of spiritual growth can be achieved.
    AKA Silver Firefly — If I had to reincarnate as an animal, I'd choose to come back as a bonobo.

~ Manipulation is a tool that's too often abused.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast