Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: what is the sacred flame?

watrinh Guest

what is the sacred flame?

I was hoping someone can give some insight into the sacred flame. What exactly is this flame and how do you access it? Is it the same thing as causal light force?

Timotheus Guest

Re: what is the sacred flame?

Blog Entries

Yeah, but did you answer the question?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    Yeah, but did you answer the question?
    We need more information about the context of this sacred flame before the question can be answered. To begin with, which sacred flame? It's like the jokes about a person talking about The One True God. Yes, but which The One True God? It seems that One True Gods are a dime a dozen. Sacred flames are even more common. The first one that came to mind for me is the triple flame in the heart, which has yellow, blue, and pink twisted together for power, love, and knowledge. I don't recall which color represents which virtue. The important thing is to balance the colors and then expand the flame.

watrinh Guest

I always thought the sacred flame was your own true light. There's ways to tap into it and emit this rainbow spectrum internally. Not sure if it could grow or die, but I understand it is supposed to be eternal and indestructible.

Quote Originally Posted by watrinh
    I always thought the sacred flame was your own true light. There's ways to tap into it and emit this rainbow spectrum internally. Not sure if it could grow or die, but I understand it is supposed to be eternal and indestructible.
    More context, please. Like where did you hear about it and what is this rainbow supposed to do when you generate it? I'm already thinking Buddha-nature, Christ Consciousness, and Krishna Consciousness. It also reminds me of Bodhichitta and Dzogchen's Rainbow Body, but I do tend to favor Buddhism so I'm a bit biased.

watrinh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by watrinh
    More context, please. Like where did you hear about it and what is this rainbow supposed to do when you generate it? I'm already thinking Buddha-nature, Christ Consciousness, and Krishna Consciousness. It also reminds me of Bodhichitta and Dzogchen's Rainbow Body, but I do tend to favor Buddhism so I'm a bit biased.
    I believe it relates to the buddha-nature/true self. I guess it is like Tim was saying in the first post. So it's a rainbow spectrum that represents your inner nature.

Timotheus Guest

Timotheus Guest

Several years ago I was at a teaching where we were instructed to visualize a white sphere the size and shape of a pearl, but glowing brilliantly, in the heart chakra. Perhaps you could have it radiate rainbow colored light or clear light or white light or gold light to fill the entire body and then the aura. The light in the heart chakra is your Buddha-nature. If it hadn't become activated in you, you wouldn't be interested in attaining Buddhahood. That desire to attain Buddhahood and the sustained effort to accomplish the goal result from the increasing activity of your Buddha-nature. The problem is that there are layers which act to obscure the light and oppose its efforts. Ultimately the light must overcome all obstacles, both major and minor, but it could take a very long time without your active participation. The way to accomplish the goal is to increase virtues that are present, activate the virtues that are dormant, remove expressions of negativity (hatred, attachment, delusion) that are present, and burn away tendencies toward negativy that are not being expressed. What you feed with your awareness and attention will grow. By visualizing the light in your heart chakra and becoming aware of it as your Buddha-nature, you are working to increase your tendencies toward virtue and to decrease your tendencies toward negativity. Your tendencies are more important than your actual thoughts, emotions, and actions because those things result from your tendencies - at the same time, they eventually add up and become powerful enough to shape your tendencies and from there your future thoughts, emotions, and actions. At least in meditation, it can be helpful to act "as if" your Buddha-nature has completed the work and you are now a fully enlightened Buddha, sitting in meditation. This is known as taking the result into the path, and it greatly speeds up the process of actually reaching the result.

(It really isn't an easy thing to do. I haven't even attempted this meditation in years. I might try it again, because I have "lightened up" considerably since my last attempt.)