Thread: Stranded high in the sky

Stranded high in the sky

Me and some of the guys from my department were taking a ride in a small airplane for fun. It dropped us off on a platform way up high in the sky where we would have a good view of it doing tricks. While we were watching the plane do tricks, it flew too close to the ground and crashed. I hadn't seen the actual accident, since in order to see something so far below, I would have had to stand very close to the edge of the platform and I was too scared. I had heard the other guys start shouting and I knew something was wrong. I heard one of them say something like "...wing busted off." I creeped close to the edge to check and sure enough, there was the plane, lying on the ground, one wing torn off and you could see yellow insulation around the hole. It reminded me of a fallen bird or a person with an injured shoulder.

The other guys were still yelling and arguing amongst themselves and I couldn't determine if they had any sort of idea how we could get down. I asked them should we call 911? What about the people in the plane? I didn't have a cell phone, I would need to borrow one from the guys. They weren't listening to me, they were just arguing nonsensically. I tried to get their attention several times before I realized that I was on my own. I moved further away from the others so I could think.

Someone contacted me over the radio receiver on the platform, two helicopter pilots who were far away and only knew that they were contacting people connected with the crash. I wanted to tell them about our situation on the platform, but the first thing I said was, "What about the plane?" They transferred me to someone, like a nurse, at the scene on the ground. She told me the pilot and his girlfriend were the only people who had remained in the plane while it did its acrobatics. She didn't need to tell me that they'd been killed, it was obvious from the extent of the crash. She was completely focused on the scene on the ground and I couldn't seem to make her understand that there were people stranded on the platform in the sky. She had no idea what I was talking about and I must have started to sound incoherent.

I looked around me again and had to shield my eyes from the bright sun. I realized we'd would soon reach the limits of exposure, the rays were much stronger up here and it was getting windier too. I tried to get the guys' attention again, to warn them that our situation was becoming more urgent, but it was futile. I felt completely at a loss for what to do next. Totally stuck. Just like I feel in real life right now.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Re: Stranded high in the sky

seems like the only way forward from this situation is a leap of faith, trusting that you'll land on your feet.

i have frequent dreams of being really high up, and i used to feel the rational fear of the height.
    these days i jump, and most often, i let myself fall backwards. it's become my favourite part of these dreams.
    i always land safely. the fear is gone.

in my waking life, i've learned to allow myself to listen to and trust my intuition.
    it's never let me down. every day my fears diminish...
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.

Well, if I have a similar dream again, I will try to remember to jump/fly. It sounds fun! I have never practiced lucid dreaming before.

As far as what it means for real life, yes, I have to take a leap of faith there too. Just not sure which way I want to jump yet. I am hoping my dreams have some more insights...
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

i wish you well on your journey.
    for me, i've never known where i want to go.
    when opportunities arise, i try to feel what my intuition tells me, and either go with it or not...
    it's led me to a great life at present... and believe me, i've had some unhappy times in my life.

all i'd say is try to be as "present" as possible in each moment.
    even the tiniest decisions can lead to a big change..
    "We are spirits in the material world" Sting. The Police.