Thread: Newbie help PLEASE

Newbie help PLEASE

I am new to this forum and new to the whole binaural experience but I feel like this could truly open my eyes and gaining experience in these practices are sure to be beneficial for me in numerous ways. I have always felt there is more to the mind then the average human being perceives. I have had lucid dreaming for as long as I can remember sometimes as often as 4 or 5 nights in a week (this could mean multiple lucid dreams each night/morning) without any external help from binaural beats or whatsoever. I have also experienced what I can now, with the information gained in this week, explain as the beginning's of OBE's. but I've never had an OBE and I've never had any control over these events.
    I wanna know where to start. I have no idea what kind of headphones to use and I've tried a couple of presets in i-doser and neuroprogrammer 2 (like 3 or 4 times) with earplug design headphones. except for a light trance (wich I have little trouble reaching by myself) I didn't get alot of results. Headphones are not discussed alot but I get the feeling I should throw em out and get a better pair. so any info on what my options are in this field would be greatly apreciated.
    another thing I'm worried about is my age. i'm 23 but I've read that my age can have a negative influence when trying to achieve OBE since some sites explain that young people have a stronger magnetic connection between their astral and physical body wich would make an OBE harder to achieve.
    my goals can be explained as wanting to develop my mental self overal and I need to know what kind of secrets I've hid in my subconcious. and offcourse I'd LOVE to experience an OBE for real
    again I am a total newbie and Im hoping someone is willing to give me some pointers.

Blog Entries

Re: Newbie help PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by faceoff85
    I have no idea what kind of headphones to use
    I use a set of TDK NC-100 earphones. Small, fold up, not too expensive. Some people insist that you have to have super expensive earphones, but I've not found that to be the case. Maybe for very high and very low frequencies that might be the case, but for pretty much everything I do, these are fine.

I've tried a couple of presets in i-doser and neuroprogrammer 2 (like 3 or 4 times) with earplug design headphones. except for a light trance (wich I have little trouble reaching by myself) I didn't get alot of results.
    Well, it depends on what you're trying to do. If you're doing something like working with a chronic pain condition, it can take some time for changes to become evident. If you're trying to induce an alpha state, that might be immediate. Personally, I don't like earbuds, but I'm told that the high end ones are as good as earphones.

another thing I'm worried about is my age. i'm 23 but I've read that my age can have a negative influence when trying to achieve OBE since some sites explain that young people have a stronger magnetic connection between their astral and physical body wich would make an OBE harder to achieve.
    There are plenty of people who have been having spontaneous OBEs since childhood. I don't understand the magnetic connection thing. That doesn't make any sense to me at all, but, hey, I'm no expert on magnetic connections between the astral and physical body.

I do recommend energy work, though, for developing your energy body and your awareness of your energy body. That will help with OBEs and plenty of other things.

My basic recommendations are: energy work, meditation, a decent set of earphones (they don't have to be super expensive, in my experience). Start from there, keep at it, and it'll unfold on its own.

By the way, welcome.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

thanx for taking the time to respond. I will have to try and find a pair of those earphones.
    I'm thinking about seeing a hypnotherapist to help me with my goals. does anybody have any experience with that? Since hypnosis could make it easier to achieve trance inductions at a later time it sounds like a good way to give my meditation a headstart...
    well all in all I believe I have a long bumpy road ahead of me

Blog Entries

As far as I know the importance of headphones (or earbuds) is that they are stereo. If they're not, they won't work. However, expensive doesn't mean better.
    As for the 'magnetic thing', I disagree. When I was younger OBE was easier than now (I'm 51 and 3/4). It was effortless and natural. Now I actually have to try.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Modest Guest

Try Robert Monroe's Gateway Experience. To my surprise it worked very well. I use earbuds. I think anything stereo will work. I wouldn't advise a hypnotist - Gateway Experience deals with that.

ariesr Guest

Looking for somewhere to start?

The links below have international programs scheduled: (These show UK ones, but you can navigate to your course in your area if they have it)

Consciousness Development Programs
    http://www.iacworld.org/shared/courses/ ... N&lang=eng

The Art of Living (Yoga, Meditation, an abundance of breathing techniques)
    http://www.artoflivinglondon.org/courses.htm

Gateway Voyage Program
    http://www.monroeinstitute.org/gateway_ ... in-europe/

Third Eye Awakening
    http://www.clairvision.org/ckb/ckbe/ckb ... _0005.html

U.S.A wisconsin, where the cheese is good

I too am trying to acheive an OBE. i've tried binaural beats before, but i'm not sure what kind to use (alpha, delta, theta, gamma, etc.). when i tried to get an OBE through binaural beats, i read that Theta brainwaves are best, but i don't know if that's actually true. i wanna know what the best kind of binaural beats are in order to acheive an OBE... if anyone has one that they've found signifigant success with, could they share it with me? (well one that's free anyways, i dont wanna pay for anything)
    if there was ever a time to make a signature, it would be now

I am also sort of new to this site. I've done a lot of reading and found some info on the Monroe institute site about quantum-mind-power which is supposed to be better than the std Binaural Beats. It's the Morry method. Has anyone had any experience using this, or is it a scam?