Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can't always get what we want.

Matt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Thanks so much Matt! That information makes all the difference! It's so much better when you really understand how it all works.

Keeping still is a problem because I get neck pain. Will invest in a new pillow and start a daily yoga practice.

Last night I dreamt my family and I were in a "Flintstone's" car and it wasn't initially big enough so I used my mind to make it bigger and more comfortable. I wouldn't classify this as a lucid dream though because it didn't trigger an awareness that I was dreaming. Also, I left it as a car that had to be propelled by foot!

I've used affirmations such as "When I see feet or shoes in my dream tonight I'll know I'm dreaming" and have had whole dreams about feet and shoes and I still haven't twigged. In fact, my dreams have been extremely accommodating in this regard but I just seem to be a total dope when I'm asleep.

I'll keep at it though.

Cheers!
    You're definitely welcome, on thing I've found that helps to make affirmations more effective is to word them in such a way that you're actually redefining who you are rather than planning an event.

For instance, rather than something like "I will become lucid in my dream" say something like this:

"I am a lucid dreamer. I am skilled at becoming super aware within my dreams. I am extemely sensitive at detecting clues that I am dreaming."

By redefining who you are the affirmation is in the present tense and doesn't rely on any kind of "if/then" logic. It is simply always true, so I think starting an affirmation with the phrase "I am" is important.

Matt Guest
    Saw the nicest pair of red stilhettos in last night's dreaming. Oh well.

No, joking aside, I actually feel like I'm making progress since Matt's tips.

Actually started floating in a dream and asked a dream character very matter-of-factly if she'd mind giving my feet a tug and pulling me back down. I guess I'm not running short of opportunities to get lucid. Eventually I'll wake up (I have in the past).
    It sounds like you're getting more and more lucid in dreams naturally! With the floating thing, one thing you can do to practice controlling your movements when floating is to concentrate on the feeling of gravity while you're awake.

Later when you're in an LD you can create that same feeling to go back down to the ground, you can also redirect it upward to fly

Blog Entries
    Thanks Matt,

You're a great help!

I'll give your gravity tip a go.

At least I'm having lots of fun in my dreams. Was speeding through traffic on a hessian sack, taboggan style, with my kids night before last! Cool!
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Enoch,

I don't know what those taps were about. I kind of got a "C'mon wake up" feeling from it like you might do to someone acting stupid. I wasn't the least bit startled or scared though, which actually kind of surprises me as it was night time and all.
    I first had this experience in december 2003 or early to mid 2004 and have had it 2 or 3 times since. Well actually, I take that back. The first experience of this kind was me being pushed physically to wake me up while I shouldn't have been sleeping (in my opinion by way of senses and knowledge). I moved quite forcefully into the bed but the force that moved me did not cause an impact. It simply moved my body. So there was not any pain, and I knew the purpose of it. This has happened other times in other ways. Many many mornings I am awoken by clairaudient sounds also with good intention. Most of them I only remember in hindsight as at the time they were hard to perceive, I suppose because I was dreaming.

There are things going on with this forum and I know for a fact that they are groups of entities helping and teaching and training the people that go to this forum. This is one reason why we are having similar experiences and experiences of this magnitude. They won't mind us knowing as long as we take it with maturity. We are going to be very elite people. Just be true to yourself and enjoy the excitement of life!

Blog Entries
    Hi Futureguy,

Never thought to connect it to joining this forum (which I did on New Year's Day). Maybe you're right.

I thought my guides might have just started getting frustrated/ feeling sorry for me. I give them a hard time you know.

Anyway, it has happened a couple more times already. Once on the shoulder, which felt free of persistent muscle pain (from spending too much time reading astral books and posting on forums) for a while. Last night, a gentle poke in the hip, which came through while I was dreaming.

Cheers
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)