Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Enlightening quotes. Post here.

terra incognita Guest
    I'm sorry I didn't answer sooner Oath. Yes, I grew fond of the idea of a new earth or land inside of us waiting to be explored. Thus the name "a hidden land" or "an unknown place".

*My eyes fixed upon the light
    from the doorway at the end of the hall.
    Bright did it shine like no other
    portal so liminal.
    Alas, to my left another
    door but this one so much darker.
    And I was lost in my dreams
    before I knew it was
    another chance gone.*

Hello all,

Here are a few more from Albert Einstein, these are very important in understanding the previous quotes from him in this thread. It is impossible to understand Einstein's "spirituality" if you do no first understand that he did not believe in the supernatural, he did not believe in God (as a supernatural spirit), and he did not believe in the survival of the soul after physical death. Without knowing this, his quotes and mentions of God and Religion can be confused with the common usage of the terms, then the whole point he was trying to make is lost.

“I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotisms.”
    -- Albert Einstein, obituary in New York Times, 19 April 1955

“Strange is our situation here on Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that man is here for the sake of other men -- above all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends.”
    -- Albert Einstein, quoted from James A. Haught, ed., 2000 Years of Disbelief, p. 241

“I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.”
    -- Albert Einstein, 1954, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

“A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death.”
    -- Albert Einstein, "Religion and Science," New York Times Magazine, 9 November 1930

“I cannot conceive of a personal God who would directly influence the actions of individuals, or would directly sit in judgment on creatures of his own creation. I cannot do this in spite of the fact that mechanistic causality has, to a certain extent, been placed in doubt by modern science. [He was speaking of Quantum Mechanics and the breaking down of determinism.] My religiosity consists in a humble admiration of the infinitely superior spirit that reveals itself in the little that we, with our weak and transitory understanding, can comprehend of reality. Morality is of the highest importance -- but for us, not for God.”
    -- Albert Einstein, from Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

“I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.”
    -- Albert Einstein, The World as I See It

“The mystical trend of our time, which shows itself particularly in the rampant growth of the so-called Theosophy and Spiritualism, is for me no more than a symptom of weakness and confusion. Since our inner experiences consist of reproductions, and combinations of sensory impressions, the concept of a soul without a body seem to me to be empty and devoid of meaning.”
    -- Albert Einstein, quoted in Madalyn Murray O'Hair, All the Questions You Ever Wanted to Ask American Atheists (1982) vol. ii., p. 29

I find Einstein’s outlook on reality to be awesomely inspiring. I do not know if is that his ideas are so exquisitely profound or that I deeply admire the man, maybe both, but they move me always.

Sincerely, Jonathan H
    Jonathan H

I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too.

Friedrich Nietzsche from Twilight of the Idols

terra incognita Guest
    Jonathan2525, I wonder what the world would be like now if Einstein had the socially unacceptable habit of projecting out of his body? Would he have been a spiritual genius too? Too bad that didn't happen. (shucks) :cry:

oath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by terra incognita
    Jonathan2525, I wonder what the world would be like now if Einstein had the socially unacceptable habit of projecting out of his body? Would he have been a spiritual genius too? Too bad that didn't happen. (shucks) :cry:
    Funny you mention, I was reading a physics book earlier and it was talking of some lesser known theories of einstein which seem remarkably familiar to some of the mechanics of the astral that Mr. Bruce has found through personal and genuine experience. One of which being a theory on time dilation, I cannot remember quite correctly, (perhaps a google search is in order? Or I can try and find the information in the book when I get home?) and something in relation to parallel worlds.

Hello all and Oath,

Time is not absolute in Einstein’s general relativity; it is dependant on gravity/acceleration. The previous Newtonian physics time was absolute and it existed independent of all physical phenomenons. In RB’s theories of astral dynamics, time is not absolute either, it passes differently in different locations and time travel is possible. However, I have never read that RB refers to time as being dependant upon acceleration or gravity. You mentioned one of the lesser theories of Einstein, I am not thoroughly familiar with his scientific work, and most of it is beyond me. Just the same can you tell me the name of the theory etc so I can google it?

Sincerely, Jonathan H
    Jonathan H

I want, once and for all, *not* to know many things. Wisdom sets limits to knowledge too.

Hello all and Terra Incognita,

You wrote:
    Jonathan2525, I wonder what the world would be like now if Einstein had the socially unacceptable habit of projecting out of his body? Would he have been a spiritual genius too? Too bad that didn't happen. (shucks)
    I couldn’t disagree more. I think that if Einstein had began exploring the astral realms a lot of scientific work would have been left undone. He spent a lot of time perfecting his initial theories of relativity (general and special), if he had instead spent that time projecting a lot of good science would have been lost. To each his own, we have people like Monroe, Bruce and Leadbeater (among others), who are specially gifted and explore the astral and higher realms.

Who knows, maybe he did project spontaneously once but rejected it as a real because of “common sense”. "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age 18.” A. Einstein.

One more quote from Albert:

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: his eyes are closed."
    Albert Einstein, Quoted on pg. 289 of Adventures of a Mathematician, by S. M. Ulam(Charles Scribner's Sons, New York, 1976).
    Sincerely, Jonathan H
    Jonathan H

DM*Cubic Guest
    There once was a wandering samurai who came across an enlightened master. He said to the master, "How can I become enlightened?" The master replied, "Travel far and wide. Ask all you come across who is the wisest man. When you find him, kill him."

The samurai traveled as the master said, on boats and bridges, camels and elephants, feet and hands and knees. He questioned all the multitudes of Earth, asking who was wisest. He conferred with kings and magicians, alchemists and psychics, scientists and poets. Still, he was never satisfied with their knowledge. Then he reached a village at the end of the Earth. He asked a child, "Who is the wisest man?" The child pointed to a meditating saint. But the Samurai mistook the boy's gesture, thinking he had been the one the finger pointed at.

"Ha!" The samurai laughed triumphantly, and he drew his sword. In hindsight, the enlightened master's words were clear. During his wanderings, the samurai had attained all the wisdom of the world. Now, standing before the boy, he fell upon the blade and received a mortal wound. But there was no enlightenment for his troubles; his body was broken, and now his mind was reeling into chaos. "What have I done?" gasped the samurai. The saint, without opening his eyes, said "You have killed the wisest man, and soon there will be no more wisdom." The samurai said, "I understand," and as the last drop of living blood left his body, he was enlightened.

blacktiger057 Guest
    See Sig...even JK Rowling knows one of the most basic yet important part of the powers of the mind.

Blog Entries
    You know when I read that in the book I immediately thought of posting it as my sig, and then forgot. Good catch, blacktiger.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    “Well how else would God speak to me if not through my imagination?” - Joan of Arc
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast