Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moon chakra

Freawaru Guest

Moon chakra

Hi All,

does anyone know something about the "moon chakra"? It is located at the back where the spine enters the scull. I am interested in everything about it, as I have been told that it had activated during involuntary sleep fasting (due to child birth) some years ago. I do not feel anything special at that location in a physical sense but I get these flashes of dream memories sometimes when I relax or do something that does not need my full attention. I am very curious as to this phenomena as lately it is not restricted to dream memories any more but also other memories.

oath Guest

Re: Moon chakra

Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Hi All,

does anyone know something about the "moon chakra"? It is located at the back where the spine enters the scull. I am interested in everything about it, as I have been told that it had activated during involuntary sleep fasting (due to child birth) some years ago. I do not feel anything special at that location in a physical sense but I get these flashes of dream memories sometimes when I relax or do something that does not need my full attention. I am very curious as to this phenomena as lately it is not restricted to dream memories any more but also other memories.
    Moon chakra eh? Huh, I thought that the moon correlated with the genital/sacral chakra?

Kriya Yoga assigns planets to the chakras. The 6th chakra is assigned both the sun and moon, but I'm not sure which is the back and which is the front. You might want to look it up, because it is connected to the 6th chakra either way. One of the ideas introduced into Kriya Yoga was the microcosmic orbit meditation from Chi Kung. With all the main chakras connected to planets and signs of the Zodiac, the idea as Paramhansa Yogananda explains it is that each 30 second loop through the microcosmic orbit compresses a full year of natural evolution. There was a minimum time prescribed for the meditation in Kriya Yoga, and I think it is something like 20 minutes to get the full value of this time compression. That is different than the Chi Kung source of the meditation, which says that even a single time through the orbit has value.

Kalonek Guest
    Moon chakra is indeed the back of the brow chakra (6th chakra) in many yogic traditions. Some say that it is the link between the lower and higher selves.

Freawaru Guest
    Hi, thank you for your answers. I tried to look it up but nowhere I found flashes of memories (dream or otherwise) mentioned. It seems that the correct activation leads to intuitions not memories. Maybe it IS indeed the moon chakra responsible but it is not correctly "tuned" ??? I read that if this is the case one does not get intuitions but hallucinations and shizophrenia and stuff like this - but this is not so in my case, either. I know that the flashes are memories, they have this distinctive quality if you know what I mean.

What do you think?

When intuition strikes you via the moon chakra, how does it feel? I mean is it like you are normally awake, go on with whatever you do or think, but somehow on a second channel these intuitive flashes come without interfering in the first?

oath Guest
    If I could describe it as anything, saying I understand what you are asking, I would have to say it feels satisfactory, nothing too special

Quote Originally Posted by Freawaru
    Hi, thank you for your answers. I tried to look it up but nowhere I found flashes of memories (dream or otherwise) mentioned. It seems that the correct activation leads to intuitions not memories. Maybe it IS indeed the moon chakra responsible but it is not correctly "tuned" ??? I read that if this is the case one does not get intuitions but hallucinations and shizophrenia and stuff like this - but this is not so in my case, either. I know that the flashes are memories, they have this distinctive quality if you know what I mean.

What do you think?

When intuition strikes you via the moon chakra, how does it feel? I mean is it like you are normally awake, go on with whatever you do or think, but somehow on a second channel these intuitive flashes come without interfering in the first?
    Sounds like the rest of your chakras need to catch up in order for the intuition to work. You might need to get a chakra atunement/balancing from someone. This means that the rest of your chakras need to be closer to the level of the moon chakra than they are now before it can work.

bronwyn Guest
    Frea,

It looks like it's gyrating back and forth pretty briskly, from front to back. Is it suppose to be doing that? I don't know. Maybe it needs to calm down a bit. It looks white, too....the aura of this area.

Just sharing what I saw.

Freawaru Guest
    (((Bronwyn))) Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by bronwyn
    It looks like it's gyrating back and forth pretty briskly, from front to back. Is it suppose to be doing that?
    No idea, never read something like that .

Maybe it needs to calm down a bit.
    Well, it had had almost five years now, lol. But it does not bother me. It can keep doing it if it wants. I am just curious and would like to understand what is going on.

It looks white, too....the aura of this area.
    I still do not understand the color-thingy. It seems chakras can have several colors and change them from time to time... ah, so much to learn

Freawaru Guest
    Thank you, Spectral Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon
    Sounds like the rest of your chakras need to catch up in order for the intuition to work.
    You mean it is doing everything right and that would be how intuition feels (except that it is no memories reflecting but auras of other persons for example)???

You might need to get a chakra atunement/balancing from someone. This means that the rest of your chakras need to be closer to the level of the moon chakra than they are now before it can work.
    I have had a Reiki initiation last June. It is supposed to include atunement (healing) and balancing. Though it was absolutely great in other respects it did not change this particular phenomena in the least.

I have started with NEW and I must say I really enjoy it. I had been doing hatha yoga some years ago, but the aspect I always liked best was this moving around one's awareness in the body

I hope it might help, too, and if not, lol, I wouldn't say "no" to a simple increase of memory, either.