Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rest for the Warrior

Ouroboros Guest

Re: Rest for the Warrior

Collecting swords is an expensive hobby, especially when you're like me and you only consider battle-ready weapons to be a part of your "real" collection.

I've got a bunch of the real cheap stainless steal swords, probably five or six. But I only have two real ones, a hand-forged katana and a Chinese Gim sword forged out of high carbon steel. Both are sharpened.

I'm tellin' ya man. I'm gonna be super popular in the event of a zombie uprising.

Timotheus Guest

star Guest

Hi Pale, Ill suggest working on cleaning the base chakra, and adapting the attititude (using your favorite method) That even if someone attacks you, they are not a threat. So if this person attacks you, and probably will, your ready to "turn on" in a moments notice from a solid - powerful base, from inside yourself. Once you adopt that attitude the warrior mentality relaxes. It stays alert but not paranoid.

Yeah, some things may hurt you badly. That doesn't mean you have to view things from that perspective though, and Id suggest working with active meditation. Your much better at visualization now. If you can create a place where you can spar your fears, youll notice that your awareness stays sharp, but your defeneses don't bother or smother you so much.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    Collecting swords is an expensive hobby, especially when you're like me and you only consider battle-ready weapons to be a part of your "real" collection.
    Hah, even though I only have one display set of three someone gave me (possibly recognizing this whole warrior thing on some level before *I* did, even), and it's packed away in soCal, I've said the same thing. No I don't plan on using them, lol... but while I was fantasizing about my eventual living room / armory, I was like "if they're not functional, then why have 'em?" Of course, I also think it'd be fun to gain proficiency in actually using them, but that'll probably take even longer than getting the armory to materialize. Unless I can figure out how to "download" old skill-sets into the present, which I know is possible. Hmmm...

I'm tellin' ya man. I'm gonna be super popular in the event of a zombie uprising.
    You can never be too prepared when it comes to potential zombie outbreaks, my friend. *solemn nod*

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    You can never be too prepared when it comes to potential zombie outbreaks, my friend. *solemn nod*
    Too true. 'S why I asked for a katana for my birthday. Ok, not really, I bet my brother that a real katana costs at least as much as a ride in the Vomit Comet (0-gravity aircraft used for training astronauts, which is something I would love to do if I were really rich and had a couple of grand lying around for a 30 sec airplane ride). I do have a bit of a hankering for swords as well, I love to look at them at Renaissance Festivals. And, Xena Warrior Princess was my favorite show when I was young, haha. Guess I have a bit of the warrior archetype too.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by star
    Hi Pale, Ill suggest working on cleaning the base chakra, and adapting the attititude (using your favorite method) That even if someone attacks you, they are not a threat. So if this person attacks you, and probably will, your ready to "turn on" in a moments notice from a solid - powerful base, from inside yourself. Once you adopt that attitude the warrior mentality relaxes. It stays alert but not paranoid.

Yeah, some things may hurt you badly. That doesn't mean you have to view things from that perspective though, and Id suggest working with active meditation. Your much better at visualization now. If you can create a place where you can spar your fears, youll notice that your awareness stays sharp, but your defeneses don't bother or smother you so much.
    Good stuff yo.

This is all valid info I've found, though the actual problem at this point was not the warrior itself per se. I'm going to be vague about this until it's fully fixed, but what had happened was that I had another archetype strongly in play that was not planned to be a part of this lifetime. I'm pretty sure that in most cases, the archetypes come with you into the incarnation, and influence your experience. In my case, apparently some things happened that weren't intended which attracted another archetype, to resolve the situation.

Unfortunately all my other aspects responded unconsciously with "who the hell is the new guy?" and the warrior especially saw this new guy as "the weak link," dragging everything else down. Ironically while it's normally the case to project your archetypes on your circumstances -- all my archetypes, infuriated over the unwelcome change in plans, projected the circumstances onto the one archetype.

Long story short, if you've seen the movie 300, I had Leonidas and Ephialtes both trying to coexist within one of me, while I was largely unaware any of this was going on. The results were not pretty, and have played out unconsciously over the course of this entire lifetime. I think my warrior was mostly integrated within himself, which is why I've never felt any particular need to "prove" anything or resort to physical violence, and he mostly operated peacefully in the background until the metaphysical stuff started. But integrating those two characters with each other is what's currently taking a lot more work.

The levels on which that metaphor matches my experience are really hitting hard... but then, 300 is a pretty archetypal story.

Hah, even though I only have one display set of three someone gave me (possibly recognizing this whole warrior thing on some level before *I* did, even), and it's packed away in soCal, I've said the same thing. No I don't plan on using them, lol... but while I was fantasizing about my eventual living room / armory, I was like "if they're not functional, then why have 'em?" Of course, I also think it'd be fun to gain proficiency in actually using them, but that'll probably take even longer than getting the armory to materialize. Unless I can figure out how to "download" old skill-sets into the present, which I know is possible. Hmmm...

I wish you had brought them over here with you!! x

Quote Originally Posted by VioletImagery
    I do have a bit of a hankering for swords as well, I love to look at them at Renaissance Festivals.
    I miss those... we all need to overcome that pesky "linear time/space" thing and have an AD meetup at a Ren Faire somewhere. *decrees!* Or otherwise let's all go harrass Ouro at his.

I miss those... we all need to overcome that pesky "linear time/space" thing and have an AD meetup at a Ren Faire somewhere. *decrees!* Or otherwise let's all go harrass Ouro at his.
    I second this motion.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Blog Entries

I was in one last month. I love them, I just won't dress the part.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast