Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rest for the Warrior

Ouroboros Guest

Re: Rest for the Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by VioletImagery
    Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    I miss those... we all need to overcome that pesky "linear time/space" thing and have an AD meetup at a Ren Faire somewhere. *decrees!* Or otherwise let's all go harrass Ouro at his.
    I second this motion.
    I third. I would love for you all to come harass me at Faire!

Too true. 'S why I asked for a katana for my birthday. Ok, not really, I bet my brother that a real katana costs at least as much as a ride in the Vomit Comet (0-gravity aircraft used for training astronauts, which is something I would love to do if I were really rich and had a couple of grand lying around for a 30 sec airplane ride). I do have a bit of a hankering for swords as well, I love to look at them at Renaissance Festivals. And, Xena Warrior Princess was my favorite show when I was young, haha. Guess I have a bit of the warrior archetype too.
    My katana cost me $250, and it was 40% off when I bought it (last day of Faire, the pirates sell EVERYTHING at 40% off, including their mid to high-end swords.) The jian I'm having special ordered (and made to my specifications, ) only cost me $370, and the blade will be folded steel. You can get some really awesome cutters in the $200 - $300 range.

Lol, thanks for the price quotes. I'll keep that in mind if I ever actually get around to buying a sword. Kind of a luxury I don't really need at the moment. I'm sure I will regret saying that when the zombies attack though.
    "Simplicate, then add lightness."

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Lol, thanks for the price quotes. I'll keep that in mind if I ever actually get around to buying a sword. Kind of a luxury I don't really need at the moment. I'm sure I will regret saying that when the zombies attack though.
    On October 31, 2006, a young woman in Bloomington, Indiana reported to police that a group of "zombies" attacked her in her Land Rover and covered the vehicle in "purple goo". The zombies in question turned out to be participants in a small, local zombie walk, and no arrests were made.[12]
    Source

IT HAS BEGUN.

(Coincidentally, or due to another ripple in The Force, I was just reading that the other day. C'mon, tell me I'm not the only one who sometimes randomly reads Wiki. Tell meeee! *shakes fist*)

Mystikal Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    C'mon, tell me I'm not the only one who sometimes randomly reads Wiki. Tell meeee! *shakes fist*)
    You're not.

Personally, though, I find TV Tropes to be even worse. Or better. Depending on how you look at it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3