Thread: Dreamed I separated from my body

Dreamed I separated from my body

Hi there. First post!

I own MAP and AD and have been reading them to shed some light on the chest-vibrations I experienced one morning in bed when I woke up in sleep paralysis. I've read most of both books but haven't started any energy work myself as I don't feel i'm 'ready' for it - right now i'm just glad the vibrations were not a health scare like I first thought! I have, however, been practicing getting into a deep mind-awake/body-asleep state in bed each night - using the internal falling feeling.

Feeling absolutely knackered this afternoon I went to bed for a nap. My mum and her friend were jabbering quite loudly in a room downstairs and I wondered if i'd even be able to, but I soon fell asleep. I dreamt I was in a room a little similar to my own, but placement of stuff was different and it was dark outside (unlike reality where it was light). The view outside showed some sort of European-looking town square where people where drinking and sitting at plastic tables.

In the dream I remember sitting upright in the centre of my bed facing a wall upon which was a poster or picture. Very hard to explain, but first it was like an animated light projection of a human skull, then turned into a scene featuring lots of little, more cartoon-like skulls which were gently morphing into each other - I was absolutely mesmerised by it, and finally the 'effect' of this caused me to separate from my body - there was no 'click' but it did FEEL absolutely strange and quite uncomfortable. At this point I could clearly hear my mum and her friend talking, as in real life.

As I moved forward out of my body I remember putting my arms out in front of me and they looked silvery, ghostly and non-descript. I had real trouble moving around (like the books describe) - I can only describe it as trying to move in zero-gravity but being absolutely drunk. I looked down at my body and I was having a kind of spastic fit with white foam at my mouth.

I panicked, tried to sink into my physical body face-first but it didn't work. Eventually (still dreaming) I was aware of being back in my physical body, woke up and was elated that I had had an OBE. Shortly after that I woke up in reality, realised I had been dreaming and was confused.

I don't know if there is anything to it - if my dream had simply been coloured by all of Robert's work I have been reading over the last month, or if I was experiencing an OBE second-hand through my dreaming mind. It was the most vivid dream I've had in ages.

Sorry for the ramble - if anyone has any comments please feel free to reply!

Cheers

2. Re: Dreamed I separated from my body

My first experience as at the time someone who didnt believe in anything, was that I woke up sat up in bed looked at the clock and was puzzled because I saw the time both vertically and horizontally. I thought my eyes were blurry like somehow out of focus making the time drift visually, but when this happens it doesnt spin into the opposite direction and criss cross, the separation is always there, so this all goes through my head in about 5 seconds, when I realised that it was the middle of the night, and I was getting up because I thought my friend needed some help so I was going to call him, but then I realised that he did not in fact need help because I was in bed and had just dreamt it. Which was then about 10 seconds after I openend my eyes, I then came to the realisation that I had never gotten out of bed!. I had split consciousness, my face felt a bit funny because it was in fact on my pillow laying sideways looking at the clock, while my upper half was sitting up out of body looking straight on at the clock. This was the most shocking moment of my entire life, and that was when the vibrations rushed in upon this realisation I was being sucked back into my body, but despite not knowing anything about what was going on I tried to relax and The reconnection slowed down to like a slowly sinking ship. That was 20 years ago and changed my life in many ways. Since then I haven't really cared if I was dreaming or projecting, or both, or transitioning from one to the other, Ive mostly just been focusing on lucidity and awareness, I have no other real knowledge than An experiential knack for realising Im asleep, or consciously falling asleep which is supposed to be difficult. Good luck to you tho, it reminded me of me a little thats why I said stuff.