Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: A healing experience through energy.

Fish Guest

Re: A healing experience through energy.

There's a ton of useful things out there that aren't taught in school

Blog Entries

I taught my son energy work at eight, and he didn't get it. I taught him again at ten, and he thought it was hooey. Until I bent a spoon for him and my hubby; he saw it's a physical thing, and now he's learning. At twelve.
    So I can't imagine what kind of curriculum would teach kids to do energy work.
    They don't even 'get' the concept of what energy is in fifth grade, when they're taught (very) rudimentary physics.
    So, I wouldn't see the point of teaching elementary school kids energy work, when really basic ethics is pretty much lost on them.
    I'd prefer kids get taught some basic type of conflict resolution, so they have the skills to indeed make this world a better place- or at least want to when they get old enough.
    Then when they feel like it they can get as specialized as they want, when they're old enough to see a use for it.

---End of rant.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

good asnwer, i guess if we lived in a more opened minded world this would be possible

Blog Entries

I think it is indeed possible- we just need a change of paradigm. The way we think here in the US, is, teach kids (depending on the church/temple they go to, or if they go to one) that love and peace are good, and then when they get old enough, we teach them that making money is the key, that they shouldn't learn too much (consider the implications of the words elite, illuminati, and privileged), and then are told they should only like those that are like them.
    By the time they get to be adolescents they've been told by a religious institution that what they were taugh as young children (by themselves) only applies conditionally, school tells them they should pick one thing and stick to that, and when they get a little older that it's ok to trample others if they get in the way to their success. And usually success isn't defined as how succesful they are at being human beings, success is contingent upon how much they can acquire, and that others don't matter.
    When we come to a paradigm that allows for the consideration that we have to be good to each other and that way there's more 'good' to go around, then things like energy work are icing on the cake. But for how things are now, your best bet is to try to teach your kids these basic things (when you have them), because what they teach in school is so 'formula' that they see through all these 'ethics' programs.
    And we have to go back to being parents, and not think it's the state's obligation to raise our kids.

Now I'm done ranting, I promise.
    Sorry to keep hijacking your thread.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

its ok, some interesting stuff has been said.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    I learned exactly two things in high school that have ended up being of any use to me in life. One is typing (I learned on an old fashioned typewriter, even). The other is driving. Everything else... pretty much useless.
    Hah, I've said the same thing, though mine were typing, and how to make an omelet. (I took an elective called Food Science that was basically a re-named Home-Ec, probably so as not to make the guys feel self conscious. )

I'm with CF -- the purpose of schooling is NOT to produce well-rounded, empowered, critical thinkers. It's to create "good citizens" who will consume, conform and do what they're told. The model for the US public school system was actually created for the needs of the industrial age (well, the needs of the major tycoons who wanted a steady supply of good factory workers anyway), for that explicitly stated purpose -- 'tis a subject well worth reading up on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    I'm with CF -- the purpose of schooling is NOT to produce well-rounded, empowered, critical thinkers. It's to create "good citizens" who will consume, conform and do what they're told.
    Yes. A nation of highly educated, well-rounded, aware people would be very difficult to control or manage. You need a school system that educates them enough to be useful to the society, but that keeps them dumb enough to be herded.

Those of us who cannot or will not conform (I was in the former group; I wanted to conform, believe me, but it was just impossible) pay the price for it in the school system. We get bullied, taunted, excluded, sometimes teachers single us out to be examples in a way that just makes us more ostracised... I'm not saying that any of this is necessarily intentional on any conscious level, but it's definitely there, at least in the U.S. school system.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

i agree.