Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Falling backwards from lucid into AP; cont. mirrors thread

Matthew Guest
    I tried the falling backward technique again last night. Here are the results (plus two other talking points... feel free to post your thoughts):

I was in my grandparents house when I suddenly thought, "Both my grandparents are dead." I wrestled briefly with whether or not this was true (which, unfortunately it is). Then, I thought, "This must be a dream." .... I point this out because this has never been how I become lucid. I know many people use this "logic" method to reason out the fact that they are dreaming. But, I have always simply "phased-in" to lucidity, and it rarely had anything to do with odd, unrealistic events or things. I take this as a sign that my reality checks are paying off (I set my watch to chime every hour and do a reality check).

Once lucid, I went outside and started to fly off and then remembered I wanted to fall backwards to start an OBE. I tried falling backward a few times and just kept hitting the ground! Suddenly, everything went black and I thought I was starting to have exit sensations. Then, I noticed my breathing and woke up.

Of course, I didn't really wake up. I know we've talked about this before... I had woken up in a room that I thought was mine, but it was really another dream. This seems to be my mind's way of knocking me out of lucidity (and I know this happens to some others here, too). This time, I realized it was a ruse and regained lucidity. I made my way out of the house and again tried to fall backwards... no success. Dream events started to creep in- such as the couple from the house I woke up in were trying to catch me to take care of their children and the congregation of a church were trying to get me to stop flying.
    I again "woke up" and this time got sucked in to the dream events and lost lucidity.

I woke up laying on my stomach. I think the backwards technique failed because my astral counterpart was also face down. Oddly enough, while flying I tried dropping out of the sky belly-first and experienced some vibrations, but I didn't follow up on the feelings... I'll know to try falling at different angles next time.

-Matthew

Matthew Guest
    OK, I became lucid last night and tried falling backwards, forwards, and to each side.... no results. I also tried yelling out, "I will now have an OBE." That didn't work either.
    However, I did end up having the longest lucid dream of my life. I was very proud of myself because there were just as many opportunities to lose control as normally occur.... usually I will get involved in some difficult task and I become engrossed in it and lose lucidity. What was different this time was that I remained a little aloof from what was happening around me and kept telling myself that my priority was to remain lucid.
    I met a guide during the experience. We drove around in his car, and he gave me headphones to put on (the wires were all tangled and I almost lost lucidity getting them apart- but again I remained just aloof enough not to get sucked in). The combination of the sound from the headphones and the motion of the car produced exit sensations. Next, we stopped at a convenience store and went through the process of becoming intangible and gliding through objects. Then, we worked on transmuting substances such as turning concrete into styrofoam.
    Very interesting dream. I stayed lucid through many changes of location... another thing that can knock me out of lucidity.

I think for now I will go back to pushing through mirrors and windows to have an OBE.

Oh, yes... I was also going to try falling into a lake backwards to help start the exit sensations, but I lost lucidity as I neared the water. Anyone had success with this technique?
    -Matthew