Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Someone asks for psychic bond

1. Someone asks for psychic bond

Hi, I've got a question. One of my ex's, while we were still together, asked me to psychicly bond myself to her. I did, and she ended up breaking my heart later on in our relationship. I won't get into the details. Anyway, if anyone else asks me to make a bond without a reason other than it would make something better, should I do it or should I not?

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Re: Someone asks for psychic bond

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy221
    Hi, I've got a question. One of my ex's, while we were still together, asked me to psychicly bond myself to her. I did, and she ended up breaking my heart later on in our relationship. I won't get into the details. Anyway, if anyone else asks me to make a bond without a reason other than it would make something better, should I do it or should I not?
    I don't think I'd recommend "making a bond" in general. Psychic bonds are either there to begin with (likely from relationships that predated this lifetime) or form on their own over time. You don't really have to put special effort into forming them deliberately, and forming one with someone you may not actually have a natural, genuine affinity for, can prove very problematic.

Making a psychic bond is like making a marriage bond. A bond links you together for better or worse. Its not always that easy to tell in advance whether or not its to your benefit. I would say be cautious and certainly do not do it with someone you don't know well AND trust well. That said, some partnerships can be very beneficial to both parties. Its a risk, you have to decide.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries

I would be extremely wary of anyone who actually asked for a bond like that. The reason I'd be wary is because it's absolutely true that psychic/emotional bonds form on their own, by mutual intent, belief, etc., and anyone who asks you to deliberately create one is either terribly ignorant of the nature of these kinds of connections or someone who knows a great deal and wants to draw you into something that's not necessarily for mutual benefit.

To me, it's like someone asking me to get a tattoo that says "I belong to [their name]". Not only is it unnecessary, it's very difficult to remove and it's damned painful.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

5. Re: Someone asks for psychic bond

thanks for the advice. that really helps me figure things out. now i'm definately going to be more wary, especially since it's like a marriage proposal in a way. i'll be careful from now on.

beam Guest

what did you 2 do in order to "form the bond" with each other?

i think it's likely she just did it for novelty.

also, to answer that question, i would probably shy away from doing this sort of thing with someone.

yeah, i think that she just asked for it for the novelty, and since we aren't together anymore, i think that she wouldn't mind me trying to break it so that neither i nor she has to deal with major repurcussions. (Of which i'm still trying to figure out.)

Blog Entries

I think the intention of both of you wanting to break this bond goes a long way to releasing it. A bond is as easy to break as it is to form it, provided both of you agree.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy221
    yeah, i think that she just asked for it for the novelty, and since we aren't together anymore, i think that she wouldn't mind me trying to break it so that neither i nor she has to deal with major repurcussions. (Of which i'm still trying to figure out.)
    The possible repercussions mostly have to do with picking up on the other person's "stuff." Sensing their moods and emotions, even thoughts in some cases. This wouldn't be such a problem if it's someone you're (energetically) compatible with, and you both are reasonably balanced. Bonus points if you're aware enough to be able to tell "mine" from "not mine." Even in the best of cases, having a strong connection with someone can have its difficulties.

Worst case scenario: both people are emotionally unbalanced, and their issues are setting each other off all the time (regardless of physical distance). Or one person has a tendency to lash out through their connections when upset in some way, which can cause various disturbances on your end. Or, think of someone you really clash personalities with, and picture having to be in their presence 24/7. It's also possible for people to launch attacks through these connections deliberately (which I know you wouldn't suspect this girl of, but just for info purposes). In that case, many times someone will repeatedly keep trying to reattach the connection, and it can be a lot harder to establish boundaries and keep someone from invading your space in this way after you've already given them explicit permission. The situation where they keep trying to reattach can also happen unconsciously on their part though, if they're obsessive or otherwise not "over it" for instance.

So, that's why I can really see no good reason that would justify forming a connection with someone deliberately, rather than letting them form on their own (and cutting them off when necessary). The ones that are compatible will form on their own, and as for the ones that aren't... you don't want that.

In my experience, If it's meant to be, it'll come, why force a thing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast