I was 17 and it was my senior year in high school, class of 1970. This was the last week of school. Our literature class had been studying mythology all week. For the last day my teacher arranged a great surprise for the class. She was giddy and her eyes sparkled when she said, "I have invited a former student to speak to the class today. He's a warlock." I thought ok at least we didn't have to study.

He began talking and making shapes on the chalk board explaining what their organization was about. I couldn't comprehend any of it so I became bored. He turned from the chalk board and continued talking. He was right over me because I sat in the front row. Now here's a new thing, his eyes started to roll up in his head and his eyelids started fluttering. That's when my body started vibrating and things started turning black. I was going under. I gripped my desktop so I wouldn't fall out of my chair. My teacher came and got me and took me out in the hall. She went back in the class room and closed the door.

I wasn't feeling good but there was no place to sit down. I must have been standing for at least 45 minutes. She came out to get me and the warlock left. She told me he said one of the students had powers but he wouldn't say who. Then she said, "We think it was you." I looked around and everyone was staring at me. My teacher wasn't disappointed at the results of her surprise that day (which I think was really for her own benefit) but I didn't mind. I liked her a lot. So, that day I reflected over what happened in class. I know for sure I didn't want to be a witch or be near a warlock again. I didn't think it would be fun making people pass out either. To no avail, my abilities developed over the years without me asking for them and what's more my daughter can do this.

One story about my daughter:

My daughter was sitting in church during a sermon when she looked to her right and noticed one of her girfriends about 3 people down the bench from her. Her friend was listening intently to the Pastor. Maybe my daughter was bored. I don't know what made her try this. She lifted her own hand as if she were gently lifting the hand of her girlfriend. Then my daughter moved her own hand towards the left and down upon her own lap. That made her friend's hand do the same without the friend realizing this was taking place. Then my daughter snapped to it and quickly stopped. She really scared herself. No one in the church noticed. In our church someone would have said something to someone if they had seen it, but they may not have made the connection between the simultaneous hand motions of both girls.

I like to think that people with "powers" if you want to call it that (I don't like the term) are regulated by an outside source to not cause harm when their emotions get the better of them. We don't need any "Carries" in this world to my way of thinking. We might be capable of destroying ourselves by our own sword and that would be fitting wouldn't it?