Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reoccuring school dreams

selfknowing Guest

Re: Reoccuring school dreams

That is my most recurring dream also! Could you talk a bit more about how you "reprogrammed the aspect" of your consciousness. I don't like the feeling of being in that situation in dreams or IRL. Another common and related dream is walking around my school and not being able to find the classroom. I had this one last night. I was also going down stairs that had big gaps in them and irregular steps and was trying not to fall or get hurt on the way down. Fun times.

thanks, Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Palehorse Redivivus
    The most recurring one for me was that I show up for a class, and then realize that I had been enrolled in this class that I didn't know about all year, it's the end of the year so obviously I've done none of the work or study, many times I have to take an exam that I'm probably going to fail, and this is going to set my graduation back another year. This same dream has gone on for years, though sometimes the setting is high school and sometimes college.

More recently I found I had a subconscious aspect of myself that was programmed to put me in similar situations -- here's a "lesson" that you didn't consent to and aren't ready for, but the stakes are high even though chances of success are basically nill. Obviously this isn't a very effecient or effective way to learn anything, so I reprogrammed the aspect and haven't had the dream, or related life situations since.

So, take that FWIW...

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

There are two ways that I use...

The first one which I started out with, you basically call up the part of yourself that holds the pattern, dialogue with it, have it release what it's currently operating with and give it a new set of commands to hang onto. It's good to thank them for their service, because all self-parts think they're acting "for your own good," even if in practice the way they're doing so is not healthy. You can do this with intent and imagination alone, and though you may start sensing things that you're not deliberately "scripting" in the interaction, it will work either way.

Alternately, I just get relaxed and tell my subconscious "show me the structure representing all beliefs, attachments, emotions and patterns tied up in this issue." Either you'll immediately see or otherwise get a sense of a structure, or if you don't, make one up; destroy it (I often use dynamite), and burn the rubble with violet fire. Then if you want to create a new pattern as described above you can, or you can just leave things to play out as they will.

Blog Entries

For the past two nights I've been getting lesson dreams again, maybe a new pattern is beginning (new lessons, whatever they are.) I think I'll get into it more on the Dreamstate lessons thread.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

I just wanted to say that everyone I've ever known has the "going back to school" dream. Sometimes you're there and you get lost, can't find your class, etc. Sometimes, you find you're supposed to take an exam, but you realise you've never even attended the class. Sometimes, you're there and you want to go to class, but you realise you're in your pyjamas or something (I had that dream a couple nights ago). There are lots of variations on the dream, but it's a really, really common dream image.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

SleepGOTweird Guest

Anyone have the, "missing the bus" dream?

I hate them so much...

Blog Entries

Sometimes, you're there and you want to go to class, but you realise you're in your pyjamas or something (I had that dream a couple nights ago).
    Hey, we might have had that dream on the same night!

I just wanted to say that everyone I've ever known has the "going back to school" dream.
    Because I teach, I also get the variations where I'm supposed to teach a class but I can't find them or something keeps interrupting us. Apparently, I also get to romp through staff rooms with my friends sometimes (like a couple of nights ago).

I actually wonder if I'm ever going to leave school.

Anyone have the, "missing the bus" dream?
    Always cars and trains for me (and occasionally other swift moving "vehicles" like using a hessian sack as a toboggan). I sometimes have a really long drive through a maze of city streets and steep ocean roads and there's anxiety about whether I'll remember the way. With trains, the station is always the place of interest. Actually catching the train isn't all that important.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

selfknowing Guest

I've had the catching the train and the bus dreams lately too. I sometimes wonder if I'm OBE and not just in a personal dreamscape but never remember any kind of exit.

Blog Entries

I've never had the 'missing the bus' dream. However, I have gotten many 'graduation' and then back to school' dreams, which are sort of annoying.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Fish Guest

Never a missing the bus dream for me either. What I do get on occasion is where I realize toward the end of the semester that I had signed up for some other class and it had completely slipped my mind for a good 1/2 semester or more (class types vary each time) and I finally make it to the class only to realize that I’m going to completely fail it because I’ve missed too many classes prior.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    ...where I realize toward the end of the semester that I had signed up for some other class and it had completely slipped my mind for a good 1/2 semester or more (class types vary each time) and I finally make it to the class only to realize that I’m going to completely fail it because I’ve missed too many classes prior.
    Yeah, I know that one. Usually, in the dream, I fix it by deciding that I can go to the office and drop the course.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast