Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reoccuring school dreams

Blog Entries

Re: Reoccuring school dreams

In my case when this happens I don't care, because I've already graduated and I can't for the life of me imagine why I decided to take more courses. Then I figure out I have no idea what to do with my life after school and end up signing up again.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    ...I don't care, because I've already graduated and I can't for the life of me imagine why I decided to take more courses.
    Yeah, I get that, too, sometimes. I just wonder why on earth I signed up for this course and how on earth I forgot to attend classes...

Last school dream (the one where I was in my slippers and partly in my pyjamas) also included my kids, who I had to get to their classes as well as me trying to get to mine. Fairly obvious symbolism there, I think!
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Fish Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish
    ...where I realize toward the end of the semester that I had signed up for some other class and it had completely slipped my mind for a good 1/2 semester or more (class types vary each time) and I finally make it to the class only to realize that I’m going to completely fail it because I’ve missed too many classes prior.
    Yeah, I know that one. Usually, in the dream, I fix it by deciding that I can go to the office and drop the course.
    hahaha I've got to remember to try that! Do you still get the dreams after you've done that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OlderWiser
    ...where I realize toward the end of the semester that I had signed up for some other class and it had completely slipped my mind for a good 1/2 semester or more (class types vary each time) and I finally make it to the class only to realize that I’m going to completely fail it because I’ve missed too many classes prior.
    Yeah, I know that one. Usually, in the dream, I fix it by deciding that I can go to the office and drop the course.
    hahaha I've got to remember to try that! Do you still get the dreams after you've done that?
    Yeah, now and then. I don't get a lot of "back to school" dreams any more at all, though. The one the other night with the slippers and pyjamas was something of an anomaly.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

A theme between all these settings is a change in plans. I love having my schedule planned ahead of time so I can use it to guide me through the day. In sense, I mentally construct my day before it even happens.

When things inevitably don't go according to plan, I take it better irl than I do in the dream environments. One is less hindered by inhibitations and so forth in dreams, so my reactions become more pronounced (extreme stress, hopeless outlook on the situations, etc) in the dreams, which makes them easier to remember. An interesting mechanic.

Maybe the lesson in my case is to be more open-ended; to allow more experiences to infiltrate my day, as opposed to locking down the gameplan in the morning.

I want to point out that the insight I've gleaned from the discussion thus far has been extremely helpful for me in terms of figuring out why they're occuring and what to do about it. I don't feel the mystery is solved yet though. Furthermore, I've decided against attempting the subconcious reprogramming, since I feel there are things I need to learn here still.
    Nothing to fear but fear itself.

"Fear is the great barrier to human growth. It is said that when we are born...we bring with us only two fears, of loud noise and falling. As we grow older we learn more and more fears so that by the time we reach maturity we are loaded with them." -Robert Monroe