I have had reoccuring dreams for the last several years which involve uncompleted coursework. I have some theories of my own on what the dreams mean, but I'm always looking for more input. I will likely post my interpretations thus far at some point. First, some background.

I went to a private elementary school and private high school, both of which were paid for by my parents. I went to a public college and graduated with a four-year degree a couple years ago. I am still paying for the college myself.

The dreams vary, but the theme is always the same. In the dreams, I have completed college but I have to go back to complete grades for some reason. For instance, in the dream I had last night, I had to complete grade 7 and then one grade in high school. I always get the feeling that once those grades are complete, I will have truly graduated from all school. None of the courses I have to go back and complete are ever college-level.

I never complete all the required coursework in the dream, but am always on the verge of completing a portion of the grade levels required. Sometimes there are multiple grades in both elementary and high school that I must complete, in which case I'll be "full-time", taking 4 or 5 at once. Other times, like in the most recent one, I only have two courses to finish and I'll only be enrolled in one. In the rare cases where I try to complete them all in one semester, it will be too much work and I'll end up failing at least one.

As far as the feeling I get from these dreams, it is primarily annoyance. I am annoyed that I have to go back for these lessons. I feel they are beneath me, an insult to my intelligence and progress. I am also confused. I don't understand why I have to go back and take these courses again, when I've supposedly already completed them.

Any insight is welcome.