Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are Dreams Really Astral Projections?

Are Dreams Really Astral Projections?

Dreams are frequently sighted as a proof that anyone can learn astral projection, since it is asserted that dreams are just unconscious astral projection. However, I frequently have dreams that cannot be happening anywhere in the astral plane. Last night I had one where my friend and I were getting ready to go to a party. She was supposed to prepare a salad and I was to bring some booze. Now, I cannot imagine any astral plane where there are salads and booze. Souls do not eat or drink.

So, are dreams really astral projections?

Re: Are Dreams Really Astral Projections?

Dreams do not occur in the astral plane. Robert Bruce has said this a couple of times. More recently, he has also added that dreams probably occur on the mental level.

Many thanks for your answer. So, realistically, is astral travel open to only selected few?

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot69
    Now, I cannot imagine any astral plane where there are salads and booze. Souls do not eat or drink.
    Keep in mind that things in dreams and astral are rarely literal. Notable things are typically symbols for something else, because the brain has to interpret whatever was experienced using the knowledge that it has.

So, are dreams really astral projections?
    I can only answer this from what I've read of others' experiences. A powerful projection is often said to be beyond any dream, such that the lucidity and experience is not only beyond dreaming, but beyond waking as well. Colors that are "brighter than bright", experiences which cannot be translated into words with accurate portrayal, and more, are described.

is astral travel open to only selected few?
    I would say that it is. It is open only to those who either:

a) have some inherent ability in it due to various circumstances (projected in childhood, etc), or
    b) have the motivation and dedication to strive to achieve it until they do

Hope that's helpful.
    Nothing to fear but fear itself.

"Fear is the great barrier to human growth. It is said that when we are born...we bring with us only two fears, of loud noise and falling. As we grow older we learn more and more fears so that by the time we reach maturity we are loaded with them." -Robert Monroe

Profound and really helpful, thanks.

Blog Entries

It's my understanding that dreams happen in a particular section/frequency of the astral planes. While many people project out of lucid dreams by "returning" to their bodies first and moving around in the Real Time Zone, many simply create portals and access the astral planes directly. Certainly Kurt Leland talks about accessing the After Death Zones out of lucid dreams and also meeting guides/facilitators who set up "simulations" for learning greater control within these planes. It seems some type of "travel" is perceived when one does this, for example, one may perceive oneself climbing stairs or swimming across a river or flying towards a grid.

My own experiences include simultaneous consciousness of dreaming and projecting in the Real Time Zone, which makes clear to me that two distinct energy bodies are functioning in these different "environments". Nonetheless, reality fluctuations occur while you're in the RTZ so I imagine that the dream consciousness and the etheric body consciousness are very close.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Many thanks for your answer. So, realistically, is astral travel open to only selected few?

It is something to be learned.

Anybody can learn.

So first learn how to do real time OBE from full waking consciousness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ps24eva
    Dreams do not occur in the astral plane. Robert Bruce has said this a couple of times. More recently, he has also added that dreams probably occur on the mental level.
    Actually, this is not accurate. Robert has said that personal dreams usually occur in your personal space in the astral. This is not the same as saying they don't happen in the astral plane. Sometimes we project from our dream environment (something he also talks about in his works), making the distinction more iffy.
    Remember that the distinction between planes and regions is of functionality, there is no physical boundary separating them, and when we see a boundary it is usually our visual interpretation of energetic data.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

No, it is for whoever wants to learn to control them.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Right, the dream occurs in the physical body without a projection of a double

But Robert has also said now, that dreams occur on the mental level.