View Poll Results: Do you meditate?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, on a regular basis.

39 61.90%
  • Occasionaly.

19 30.16%
  • Ive heard of it but never got into it.

5 7.94%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Meditation.

Meditation.

I am reading a book on meditation and I'm just wondering if any of you do this on a regular basis, and if it gives you very good resluts. Such as peace and happiness, and a way to reazlize what your thinking and change your thoughts for the better.

Regular basis, yes, but on my own personal regular basis. Every day at the same time for the same amount of time...to boring, to confining, too restricting, but that's just me. Many people have benefitted from a set time and the discipline that comes with it. I'm tired of discipline. I raised three kids and spent too much time having to discipline. Now's my time to be a child!!! I meditate when the mood strikes, which is fairly often. Yes, it has a great impact on your life. Although, sitting and meditating on NOTHING which a lot of teachers recommend doesn't do a lot for me. I talk to spiritual guides, my family that has crossed over, and play in my special meadow on top of a mountain. I get a lot of good information that way! To each his own!

oath Guest
    Oh... WEll in that case change mine from occasionally to extremely often almost constantly lol. Im constantly thinking in a sort of spiritual state and can be walking down the street doing it. I chose occasionally as I was thinking of sitting indian or lotus position back against wall, closed eyes etc.. whole nine yards

Dragonlor Guest
    I don't meditate. My brain is always too busy thinking about stuff to ever relax and I always feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm just sitting there. Even if I thought I could somehow get myself to relax I don't think I'd ever have the patience to wait long enough for it to occur.

Blog Entries
    In fits and spurts. I wish I meditated more, because I find I'm more centered on mornings I do, and the day goes by better. I'd like to be able to meditate an hour in the morning, but there is often something. What I sometimes do if I'm somewhere waiting for something I'll center myself. People don't usually notice and if they do I say something about taking a nap. (in a way it is.)
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

nparker Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlor
    I don't meditate. My brain is always too busy thinking about stuff to ever relax and I always feel like I'm wasting my time if I'm just sitting there. Even if I thought I could somehow get myself to relax I don't think I'd ever have the patience to wait long enough for it to occur.
    Anyway... Dragonloor of sure you sleep... How much... 8 hours, 4 hours, 3 hours... anyway you´re loosing a bit of your life... SLEEPING..! If you sleep 8 hours in mean, and you're 30 years old (by example), you've lossed 10 years of your life sleeping.

Anyway... meditative pattern day-to-day doesn't require to meditate long (1 hour, 2 hour...) 15 minutes a day is enough to reach significant improvements in your life.

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker

I find it helps a lot with managing stress. I do about 20 minutes per day, around the same time almost every day.

Dragon's Daughter Guest
    I also meditate ALOT, but it's mainly walking meditation. I heard of it from Deepak Chopra. It helps alot with my Adult ADD - racing mind/thoughts, easily distracted, hard to stay focused if I'm not VERY interested in something.

Walking meditation allows me to slow down and concentrate and work more like 'normal people'.

DD

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Daughter
    I also meditate ALOT, but it's mainly walking meditation. I heard of it from Deepak Chopra. It helps alot with my Adult ADD - racing mind/thoughts, easily distracted, hard to stay focused if I'm not VERY interested in something.

Walking meditation allows me to slow down and concentrate and work more like 'normal people'.

DD
    Hi DD

Would you mind explaining this walking meditation - I too have issues with focusing on things I'm not too interested in.

Thanks!!

Dragon's Daughter Guest
    This site explains it best, and it's short http://feelingfree.net/calm/meditation.htm

I try to extend this to other things that I do throughout the day.

DD