View Poll Results: Do you meditate?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, on a regular basis.

39 61.90%
  • Occasionaly.

19 30.16%
  • Ive heard of it but never got into it.

5 7.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Meditation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Daughter
    This site explains it best, and it's short http://feelingfree.net/calm/meditation.htm

I try to extend this to other things that I do throughout the day.

DD
    A better reference, in my humble opinion is The Practice of the Presence of God: The Best Rule of Holy Life by Brother Lawrence.

This site explains it best, and it's short http://feelingfree.net/calm/meditation.htm

I try to extend this to other things that I do throughout the day.

DD
    Thanks so much. Great link by the way - I'm checking out other resources there as well - the Polarity Reversal feels wonderful!!

Dragonlor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nparker
    Anyway... Dragonloor of sure you sleep... How much... 8 hours, 4 hours, 3 hours... anyway you´re loosing a bit of your life... SLEEPING..! If you sleep 8 hours in mean, and you're 30 years old (by example), you've lossed 10 years of your life sleeping.

Anyway... meditative pattern day-to-day doesn't require to meditate long (1 hour, 2 hour...) 15 minutes a day is enough to reach significant improvements in your life.

My best regards...
    Sincerely,
    Natalia Parker
    I generally sleep about 1 to 7 hours any given day, although not all at the same time. My brain is definately not relaxed during that time. I still feel it chugging away at whatever nonsense it feels like thinking about. I am usually more tired after I wake up than when I went to bed in the first place. I don't count sleep as wasting my time (well, sometimes I do) as it is something people have to do, like eating and breathing. But the 1-2 hours it takes just to fall asleep and fully wake back up sure is a waste of time.

Scymiter,
    If you enjoy polarity reversal, have you read the book "Energy Medicine"? There are a lot of good things you can do to balance your energy. One really easy one....sit or stand comfortably. Stare straight ahead and draw an infinity sign with your finger facing your head in front of your eyes over and over. (Sideways figure eight). Don't follow it with your eyes, just relax your eyes and look straight ahead. Another way to do it is in front of your heart chakra. Do it as long as it feels good ( a minute, a couple of minutes). Same idea as the link, if you are reversed, it will reverse your energy to flow the proper way for you.

Dragon's Daughter Guest
    I agree that "Energy Medicine" is a great book. I also have the "Energy Medicine Kit" by Donna Eden. Wonderful stuff!

DD

Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    Scymiter,
    If you enjoy polarity reversal, have you read the book "Energy Medicine"? There are a lot of good things you can do to balance your energy. One really easy one....sit or stand comfortably. Stare straight ahead and draw an infinity sign with your finger facing your head in front of your eyes over and over. (Sideways figure eight). Don't follow it with your eyes, just relax your eyes and look straight ahead. Another way to do it is in front of your heart chakra. Do it as long as it feels good ( a minute, a couple of minutes). Same idea as the link, if you are reversed, it will reverse your energy to flow the proper way for you.
    I will get a copy. My energy is pretty messed up, but healing nicely now that I'm back on the right track. I do have issues with maintaining my energy throughout the day, however. It's funny, once you start healing and know what 'good energy' is supposed to feel like, it's almost as if you become hypersensative to 'yuck energy'. I also have issues with abosorbing other people's negative energy, gotta get those shields functioning.

Thank you for your suggestion, I really appreciate it. If you have any more ideas on healing/balancing energy, let me know!

I agree that "Energy Medicine" is a great book. I also have the "Energy Medicine Kit" by Donna Eden. Wonderful stuff!

DD
    What is the 'kit' about? Do you need this to accompany the book?

blacktiger057 Guest
    I usually meditate 5-10 minutes everday. It really helps me center myself, calm down, and manage my thoughts and feelings. On Sunday, I usually do a 1 hour Osho Dynamic meditation, which are really nice if you have 1 hour to spare on Sundays.

I also meditate before any ritual, just to make sure of what I really want and thinking things through.

Meditation is a great everyday thing to have in your life.

Scott

YAY! 500th post...A billion more and I'll have caught up to CF!

Akorah Guest
    Regular Basis - I started for better mental control over my thoughts.. wanted to create silence and peace in my mind. At first it felt like more of a chore, but after a while I became better at it, and able to reach deep meditative states (and thats where all the fun happens), soon after it became an exciting hobby and I noticed many benefits covering all areas of myself (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually) and many aspects of my life. The main notice-able one is a feeling of peace and contentment residing within myself that keeps me calm and unaffected at all times, there has also been a big increase in self-awareness and if it weren't for meditation I probably wouldn't be here typing right now on this forum.