Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Russmi3 AP Log

russmi3 Guest

Date: January 27, 2010 (PM)

Have been doing standard energy work and minimal attempts at OBE for sometime. As posted in here and other posts I have had a Looooong dry spell.

Came home from work today 5PM and played a computer game for an hour or so. Wife and Son are in a community band which had practice, so I thought I would take a nap until they returned. I lay down and did some quick energy raising (about 15 minutes). Fell asleep and went into a dream of a place I used to work. As with most of these dreams there is construction/remodeling going on (Seems to be a significant theme of my dreams) The offices were being changed and re-done. The dream then shifted to me being in the house (bedroom) where I lived while in Highschool. I was laying in my bed there and had feeling of OBE. I proceed to stand up on bed just like going from laying to standing in one fluid motion (no sitting). My body feels full of energy and I know I am OBE instantly. I did not try to go anywhere, just stood there briefly and then slowly fell back (feet to head) into body. I want to do it again and I do, this time I grab the light fixture in the ceiling....lol. It was very clear and was just a plain white porcelain fixture (no light or cover). I held onto the edge for a few seconds and when I let go I lowered back into body again. I focus and raise up again (almost like I am practicing). This time I just stand again and then raise arms/hands up to look at them and see if they melt away. I see hands and they are glowing brilliant gold!!! Before I can notice any melting I "Fall" back into body. It was very fast and I felt the bed bounce on impact and had the butterflies in stomach feeling. I thought "That was cool!" I stood and lay down several more times, except for hands and light fixture all is dark and fuzzy looking throughout these (probably because I was staying close). I then went into a strange dream based around being in the same bedroom. It included feeling as though I were stuck in bed and/or having a terrible time waking up. I was truly awakened when I heard voices and noises when Wife and Son got home at 9PM.

russmi3 Guest

Date: July 12,2010

This is the closing entry to this log. I have struggled with this decision for a long time, but I feel it is time to give this up and move on with life. I have had NO activity at all since last post. I have been doing energy work with no results, sensations, or feelings at all. Same with OBE. I do not know, nor probably ever will know what has happened. Something has changed that is obvious. The powers that be have let me have a small taste of this realm and have now caused it to cease. I am saddened by this and will always wonder why or what has happened. I have had physicals and other than being overweight a bit, my health is good.

I applaud those who have been granted the ability to do these things! I know it is real and is possible. Please to all attempting and doing this do continue if you are having success!!! I wish great and safe journeys to all! Do not be discouraged by this post, this has happened to me, not you. Continue and go forth!!!

A special message to CFTraveler......I thank you from the deepest part of my heart and soul for being my friend in here!!!! Thank you for all the advice, knowledge, encouragements and kindness over the past few years!!! I will never forget it or you! Special Blessings to you and your Family!! I hope we can stay in touch in some other media. I will send you my e-mail in a message.

Bless all!! Happy Travels!!! Goodbye...............

Russ

Blog Entries

Re: Russmi3 AP Log

Hello, russmi3.

If your experiences have dried out - why not change approach?

I'm not necessarily talking technique, but more like questioning your motivation. Why did you want to have an OBE?

Quote Originally Posted by russmi3
    The powers that be have let me have a small taste of this realm and have now caused it to cease. I am saddened by this and will always wonder why or what has happened.
    And what might the "powers that be" want you to accomplish? They showed you that it is possible, that you can have the experience. Now you are challenged to explore what you want to do with it, I'd say.

What would you like to accomplish with OBE? Is it really worthwhile and conducive for your own growth? Is it helpful for others?

The experience of the "dry spell" means something. If there are "powers that be" they are communicating something to you by first granting the ability and then letting it dry up. If you assume the reason is a good one and it is not simply unhelpful, then you could explore what it is.

The question goes a bit wider than this - what is the purpose of spirituality? What is the purpose of you as an individual? What is the purpose of the experiences you had?

Cheers,
    Oliver

Blog Entries

PS - I would like to propose an experiment to you.

Set your intention, out loud or in writing or both, that your soul/your guides/the powers that be let you know what they want you to accomplish with OBE so that you can align with it. Be prepared to get the answer by many means, for example by dreams or by a situation from real life, or by just waking up knowing, etc. Be open for the answer to come to you.

Maybe that will help you know what is going on and why.

Cheers,
    Oliver

russmi3 Guest

01/03/11 Update

After reading CF's and others comments I am rethinking/focusing on what I really want to do. I really want to get in touch with my Spirit Guide(s) at this time so I am focusing on that more than just OOB. As of yet I have had very few experiences in this area. Nothing I can peg as definate contact. I have had many sensations of a tingling/chill going down my body. I read a few places that the left side is receiving and right is transmitting. Most I have start in my left arm or shoulder and are very intense/long lasting as they travel down my torso/hip and leg. They slowly dissepate around my knee or calf. I do not think that this is energy flow (Or if it is it is totally new). Energy flow I have experienced is usually in the other (up) direction and less intense, flowing faster.

So I am focusing less on OOB, continueing energy work and relaxation. Ten just opening my mind to whatever comes.

I did have a very short dream OOB on the 30th of December. I was in a dream but then had the sensation of my legs floating up and I focused on getting all the way out and finally popped out standing beside bed. A lady was there with me and I was explaining to her what it felt like and how I knew I was OOB. She even touched me once and her hand went into or through me. I had no recall of the dream, who the lady was or coming back into body. I just awoke.

I have also started a log in the dream forum of ALL my dreams (If I can) and plan on entering all I remember there. This may shed light on where I am to go or do in my journeys.

Happy New Year to all!!!!

Russ

Blog Entries

I don't know if you've read me saying this, (and if you have sorry to be boring, lol), but I like to stay in trance for the longest possible time and just "see what's up". The more you practice going into and staying in trance (not with the intent to OBE, just to observe) you can learn to perceive other entities and eventually learn to communicate.
    So, cheers.
    CF.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Evolution of Projection

Russ, I think this one's for you.
    At the EIC, Kurt Leland says:

http://www.explorations-in-consciousnes ... pic=1478.0

"I wonder sometimes whether we have vivid etheric body projections just to prove to ourselves that we're not our physical body. Then we have astral projections on the physical plane to prove that we really are traveling away from the body and can verify it through remote viewing. Then we have lucid dreams to prove we can wake up to a higher level of awareness in some other body on a higher plane. And then these more dramatic experiences seem to disappear. We think it's because we've retrogressed, but it may be because these experiences have fulfilled their function.

The new challenge is going out as far as we can, learning how to use our inner senses in whatever body and on whatever plane we have access to, and mastering the art of translating our adventures into images and words that help us understand them better and share them with others without falsifying them."
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Hello, Russ.

Happy new year to you as well.

The statement from Kurt could also be put another way:

If you want to meet higher beings, and your spirit guides would count as such, a physical plane OBE or AP may not be the best way, and certainly not the only avenue to pursue. In exploring the astral plane itself many key skills will be developed, this includes learning to communicate with what Monroe calls Non-Verbal Communication and Kurt calls Feel/Think.

Also developing the astral body to the highest degree is helpful in being sure whom you have encountered (sensing their ident), getting a feel of their function, purpose and trustworthiness, being able to communicate with them, being able to recall the experience with enough clarity, and being able to maintain the right level of lucidity to benefit the most of such an interaction.

Dreams can open such an avenue. But even if you do it from an AP you still have to master these skills and deal with dream-like elements, but the reward might be, I think, the interaction you seek with helpful and beneficial entities on the other side.

Cheers,
    Oliver

russmi3 Guest

02/05/11

This experience happens after doing dream log for a month, discussing dreams and OBE with CF and others. And, just last night I read a very good site on lucid dreaming and techniques to make them easier. I went to sleep doing positive reinforcements to lucid dream and focusing on breathing alone.

Breakthrough on OBE last night. This was OBE also I am sure, not a lucid dream because I had definite entry and exit recall and slight sensations. I was dreaming (see dream log) and became semi-concious. I knew it was not close to the time I needed to get up so I just focused on laying still. My body was feeling very fuzzy and although I do not recall paralysis I had no desire to move. After a few minutes I started seeing hypnogogic shapes and colors. Nothing fancy just dots and patterns.

I just watched and tried to focus on them. Then I got the old feet floating up sensation and thoughts that I might be waking my wife. I ignored them and just kept floating until my entire body was detached and floating. I do not recall much for a few minutes but then found myself in another room (Not in our house). There I am with a lady that was my daughters basketball coach about 6 years ago. Have not seen her IRL at all since then.

We are talking and I tell her I am OOB and she is not convinced. I see a window (pane of glass) that is in a wall (it does not lead outside just to another room). I go to the glass and push my fingers, hands, arms and eventually entire self through the glass. The glass kind of opens as I go throw like a portal or if you were pushing through plastic wrap. As I go through I feel the glass compressing around whatever part of my body is in it, like it is elastic, resistance.

After making it through the glass, I come back into original room through an open door. The lady is amazed and I ask her if she would like to try flying. She is very hesitant and unsure. I proceed to jump up a few feet off the ground and hover there above her. She tries jumping and cannot get up in the air. I swoop down and grab her from behind in a bear hug and fly up to about tree top level with her. She is ecstatic and laughing!! We fly around admiring the vivid landscape and just having a ball. We come back in for a landing right where we started and stand there talking for a few minutes (I do not recall conversation).

For some reason I decide that is enough for now and find myself back in my bedroom above my body floating there. I ease back down very softly and re-enter my body. I become semi-concious again and back into hypnogogic images. I kind of just float there for awhile and then go back into dreaming (See dream log again).

Blog Entries

Congrats, russmi3!

I also think you did just the right thing by following that impulse to return. Your experience was recalled vividly, probably because of that. You surely seem to have made the most out of it.

Cheers,
    Oliver