Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Activating Kundalini

1. Activating Kundalini

I've discovered what Kundalini is, and I would like to awaken her within my body. I have always had a very strong inner Genius, a voice of concience, that has held me to very high standards, but the road is difficult. I feel as though activating Kundalini within my life would equip me with strength to live as my higher self would have me live. I also feel that my curiosity and thirst for knowledge has brought me to this place, this desire for Kundalini. And I do not believe in coincidence.

I have begun practicing Pranayama, and would like to activate Kundalini, but I want to do it right. It is not that I am afraid to feel its power, but I do not want to do something wrong and become psychotic. I am not confident that I can find a Kundalini Guru where I live.

Should I continue meditating with the intention of awakening Kundalini? I am patient -- I do not need it immediately. I do not especially desire any of the special powers (clairevoyance, telepathy, etc) either. I feel that I am a virtuous man -- 19 years old, I do not lie much, I do not sleep around, I don't drink excessively (although it's hard to not drink in college), and I smoke weed occasionally (once a week?).

Bottom line: I want to feel the Kundalini energy, but do not want it to destroy me from activating it when it should not be activated. Should I continue trying to awaken it, trusting that when it is time to awaken, it will awaken?

-------

Another question -- What is energy work? How do I activate a chakra? Just focus intently on it and visualize it filling with the Light?

Blog Entries

Re: Activating Kundalini

Hi Silence Dogood. As to whether you should activate it or not, it's a personal decision, but it will go easier if you become proficient in energy work, meditation and have a very stable personality.
    As to energy work, it is the willful cultivation of the energy body, and there are many types or styles such as Qi Gong, Tai Chi and NEW. Here are some links to look at:
    Beginners NEW
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... index.html

Regular NEW
    http://www.astraldynamics.com/tutorials ... index.html

Energy Work Forum: viewforum.php?f=20
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

3. Re: Activating Kundalini

What would you say is the most important thing for someone like me to know concerning the process of Awakening, or living after Kundalini has risen?

Blog Entries

It's important to know that a full Kundalini awakening is a transformation process, and it will completely change you, and in ways you might not imagine. There are many people who end up on the brink of madness from the effects of Kundalini, in fact, or who suffer from all manner of physical, mental, and emotional symptoms (some of them quite painful). It is the beginning of a full-on transformation that may "re-wire" your entire system, your entire life, your entire REALITY, and once begun the process of transformation cannot be stopped, so you might be in for a long, wild, painful ride.

That being said, not everyone has an experience like that. It's just that this is a clear possibility and it's something that you need to be aware of.

I'm one of the people who was driven to the brink of madness by Kundalini awakening (spontaneous; I had no idea what was happening at the time, other than the vague notion that it was a kind of healing process). My entire life as I knew it was destroyed. I lost everything: my life (as I knew it), my family, my identity (as I understood it then). It's taken more than a decade to become stable after all that.

I will say, after all that scary stuff and gloom and doom, that every that happened was necessary. It was horrible at the time, but I know now that I needed to lose my life, my family, my identity. As painful and difficult as it was, it was something that had to take place, and I'm grateful for it, now. I used to say I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone, and I still don't, but I absolutely would wish the experience of clarity and renewal and transformation that comes with it, and I would do it again.

I hope I haven't scared you needlessly, it's just that this is a life-altering, potentially painful thing to invoke, and some preparation (I had none whatsoever) and pre-knowledge is extremely helpful.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

There is this famous guy, Dr. Joshua David Stone if I recall his name correctly. He suggested working with Kundalini indirectly, by asking your Higher Self to guide the progress of your Kundalini. The bad news is that Her progress will be so seamless that you don't even think anything is happening. The good news is that nothing you do will give you faster progress and there won't be the kinds of side effects that many people spend years working to correct.

Timotheus Guest

Jananz Guest

Kundalini is activated lifeforce, and lifeforce runs on minerals...so it makes sense to remineralize, eat a raw diet and rebuild the body...removing all that which occludes the light flow. If you focus on building the body for spiritual initiation then when it does come you will be ready for it. The cooked food Western body is weak and inflammatory and generally not strong enough to handle kundalini without creating tissue damage from glycation, oxidation, catabolysis and nerve damage. I don't advise anyone to set about with the intention of raising kundalini....more rather I suggest they focus on detoxification, remineralization, earthing/grounding, sunmeditation. increasing raw % in diet, exercise, hanging, breathing, giving your greatest gift, following the muse etc....

Blog Entries

That's an interesting perspective, Jananz. It would be good if some kind of study existed.

The Pranayama practice, if done correctly, will have many physical benefits, keeping your lungs alive and healthy by inflating them right to the very edges of each lobe, strengthening all the muscles used in breathing and better oxygenating your whole body. The benefits immediately become apparent in a better appearance: brighter eyes and skin. You'll also find more energy and less appetite result if you keep a constant morning practice happening. The aim, of course, is union of body and mind and it doesn't take years to realise how effective a practice it is for quieting the mind.

There are many practices. I've found that when really strong practices stir things up, it's best to revert to lighter practices. I usually don't bother with visualisations.

The benefits of Kundalini activation, apart from the psychic abilities, include excellent health, slower aging, strength, personal magnetism, courage, love, compassion, empathy, knowledge, ability to manifest one's life and deeply blissful meditative experiences
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

watrinh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CaterpillarWoman
    I will say, after all that scary stuff and gloom and doom, that every that happened was necessary. It was horrible at the time, but I know now that I needed to lose my life, my family, my identity. As painful and difficult as it was, it was something that had to take place, and I'm grateful for it, now. I used to say I wouldn't wish that experience on anyone, and I still don't, but I absolutely would wish the experience of clarity and renewal and transformation that comes with it, and I would do it again.

I hope I haven't scared you needlessly, it's just that this is a life-altering, potentially painful thing to invoke, and some preparation (I had none whatsoever) and pre-knowledge is extremely helpful.
    Hey CaterpillarWoman,

I'm interested in knowing why you find that the experience of being totally driven to the brink of madness was necessary? I'm kind of calming down from the period I went through. BTW, was what was happening caused by your own kundalini or was there external spiritual entities influencing you?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by watrinh
    I'm interested in knowing why you find that the experience of being totally driven to the brink of madness was necessary?
    It's a bit complicated to explain, but in essence, my personality, as it were, was very fragmented and poorly formed. Think of a potter making a pot that has a hole here, and it's bent out of shape and it barely functions as a pot. That was me. In order to be re-created into something/someone functional, the old mess that was me had to be done away with.

The appearance and/or experience of being insane is apparently quite common with some forms of spiritual emergence. Oh, and uh, I kind of manifested it upon myself, because I had no clue what I was doing or what was happening, and I got it into my head that insanity would be some sort of relief or release or something, and I kind of intended it. (I was clueless, what can I say?)

If I had any clear idea of what was happening, it would have been easier. I resisted a LOT, and that just makes the process worse.

I'm kind of calming down from the period I went through.
    I took several years "off" to rest. I didn't do it on purpose, it just sort of unfolded that way. I can see now that I was given a bit of a breather, which was necessary.

BTW, was what was happening caused by your own kundalini or was there external spiritual entities influencing you?
    I was profoundly depressed, as in clinical depression. It was mostly post natal depression, but I had a history of depression prior to that, anyway. I was having really violent and frightening nightmares involving demons, amongst other things, and I saw the world as very dark, very ugly, very black, and I saw myself with no hope. I didn't even know that it was possible to experience happiness on anything like a continual basis (in fact, when a lady I knew told me she was "happy all the time" I thought that was the most bizarre thing I'd ever heard).

One day, though, there was a tiny little spark somewhere in my addled mind that said, "Something is wrong," and I knew it was true. I sort of collapsed on the floor, sobbing, and prayed for help, and I prayed to be "made into what you would have me be" (addressing God as I then understood God). The combination of emotion, intention, and genuine surrender was apparently enough, because things started to change very soon after that, one baby step at a time...

So, to anyone reading this I say, never doubt the power of true surrender and genuine intention.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast