Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sahaja Yoga and the Mother

1. Sahaja Yoga and the Mother

I have recently joined a Yoga known as "Sahaja Yoga" This is a unique form of Yoga, as its focus is predominantly on energy work and raising Kundalini. We also have workshops where we sit and meditate, and somebody whose been working in the energy work for a time, comes behind you and starts making certain hand gestures and stuff. The main philosophy is to feel the "cool breeze" because that is the Kundalini energy according to them; it is a cooling energy. They are against the "Hot" kind of energy work, citing Reiki in particular.

They are very big on such things like "vibrational awareness" The guy I am currently working with, always tells me to check the vibrations of something to know whether it is true or false. They feel the vibrations mostly in the finger tips of their hands. Each finger tip representing a certain chakra, with the centre of the hand representing the crown chakra. According to them, if you put your hand over the picture over their Guru - "The Mother" you will feel an incredibe amount of positive energy emanate from it, and sometimes the picture alone is enough to raise the Kundalini. For this reason they recommend everybody keep a picture of the "Mother" and look at the picture at the end of each meditation.

Now as somebody who has little to no vibrational awareness, I cannot verify whether what they are saying is true or false. So I want to get the opinion of people here, most of whom I would imagine have very good vibrational awareness, to tell me what they feel when they put their hand over the picture of the Mother.

If there is anyone involved in Sahaja Yoga here, please post and share your experiences with them here

Re: Sahaja Yoga and the Mother

For what its worth I have had hundreds of reiki attunements and I still feel the cool breeze effect when I put my receptive hand over my head.

Blog Entries

You may be interested in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4335&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&h ilit=cold+kundalini

BTW Warrior Spirit, are you a student of Eric Pearl?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

4. Re: Sahaja Yoga and the Mother

Yes, it sort of does make sense why the Kundalini would be a cooling energy, as opposed to a hot energy. According to the Eastern system there are three channels: Ida, Pingala and Sushmuna, right, left and centre.
    The Kundalini energy travels up the central channel, and is experienced as a cool breeze. I think I have a few experiences, where I have felt surges of cool energy going up and down my spine. They are called spine chills right?

I don't know who Eric Pearl is, CFT.

Anyway did either of you feel the energy from the picture of the mother?

The thing about it is that I feel conflicted about Sahaja Yoga and its Founder. I can't give an objective evaluation of either.

Blog Entries

Yes, but I'll admit that I feel energy from everything, at this point in my life.

7. Re: Sahaja Yoga and the Mother

Well, can you describe how this energy feels please.

Blog Entries

A cool breeze.
    Aunt Clair would describe it as 'cold blue air'.

However, I did it again and felt nothing. So it could have been a literal air, or suggestion. Go figure.

9. Re: Sahaja Yoga and the Mother

You see this is my problem with "vibrational awareness" The sensations are so subtle, you can't actually be sure whether you really are feeling anything. It could be suggestion, it could be just blood rushing to your hands because of the way you have positioned it, it could be air around the hand - it could be just about anything. This makes me very skeptical of people who claim to "feel energy" because I cannot be sure what they are really feeling. The sensation has to be very clear and distinct for me to say I am feeling anything. An energy surge going up and down the spine is definitely clear and distinct.

Print out the picture and test it in a variety of places and under various conditions. You can't rule out environmental influences, but you can keep changing them until you are sure that what you are looking for is consistently present. Even your circulation is going to change depending on activity level, temperature, mood, and what you've eaten.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast