A certain drug called DMT is banned, and the drug's chemical is also found inside the brain. So even if there are problems with the laws I'm sure they'll figure out something if they wanted to.

From what I know, the ability is inside someone and the knowledge is inside someone once they learn it but first it has to be taught to them and that comes from the outside. For example Robert Bruce's books. These are outside sources.

Yes, the power is what I mean. Knowledge and all its derivatives was what I was talking about. I guess since they're all connected I just used the term knowledge to talk about it.

One way they could ban these spiritual powers is to outlaw their practice and teaching. Sounds extreme, but I wouldn't put anything above people who want to maintain their power structure.

In India certain types of Yoga were illegal to teach to certain castes. So that's another example.

Since these things are immense powers, they can be seen as a threat; and that's what I'm basing my argument on.

And let's not forget that magic was banned in certain countries in Europe where also many of its practitioners were killed.

In my opinion, even in free societies such as America, you don't have any rights or freedom unless you yourself can guarantee it with power.