Thread: What kind of energy sensations are these?

What kind of energy sensations are these?

For quite a while now, I've been feeling energy movements like trickles of light-water. They usually go upward through the spine, and last a second or less. Like lightning that goes upwards, but sometimes slower.
    It's a kind of blissful sensation, but not powerfully so.

It happens when I am feeling uplifting emotions, or when I listen to amazing music that "catches" me-- I think the common theme, though, is when I "let go".

I can kind of "prepare the way" for it to happen by imagining something that helps me let go. Also, acceptance thoughts like "I accept myself the way I am" make me nice and warm and fuzzy and sometimes allow the sensations to happen.

This also may be the wrong section, even though it's an "energy sensation". I have been doing energy work ever since I read Astral Dynamics a year or two ago, but this isn't the same thing. It's not tactile awareness, and I can't duplicate the feeling by running my attention up my spine (although this might cause the sensation to occur).

I figure it's relatively common, but if you know anything, I'm definitely curious. I also don't think I've ever read anything that talks about this, except perhaps something on Kriya yoga.

Cheers~

Blog Entries

Re: What kind of energy sensations are these?

It could be a few things, including endorphins.
    I would say energy movement sensations causing an endorphin surge.
    Or prekundalini symptoms, they are said to be felt as 'cool' energy before the flames ignite. But I can't be sure this is it.
    I'm leaning toward endorphins.
    BTW, I get them too, and haven't had any Kundalini events.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

That's an interesting idea. I looked at the wikipedia article on Endorphins, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endorphin and the acupuncture section at least suggests that there is a relation. Because acupuncture can be used to relax people, and because it probably causes some energy sensations. Speculation though because I haven't had acupuncture done on me. The runner's high feeling mentioned in the wikipedia endorphin article is different, though. That's a heavier sense of physical well-being. The energy sensations in my spine don't necessarily have any pain-suppression effects. But perhaps endorphins have multiple effects.

A christian friend says that they're a precursor to "baptism in the holy spirit". From what I hear it sounds an awful lot like a kundalini awakening. But I don't have the slightest clue whether that's related to my spine sensations, and that's probably another topic altogether so let's leave it at that.

I suppose it'll be a mystery for now

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by azuin
    But perhaps endorphins have multiple effects.
    They do, actually. It does depend on the person and the situation, but endorphins can also relieve stress, just as one example.

Quote Originally Posted by azuin
    A christian friend says that they're a precursor to "baptism in the holy spirit". From what I hear it sounds an awful lot like a kundalini awakening.
    Yes. I believe it's the same thing, just different cultural concepts of what it is. The Holy Spirit is even directly associated with flames, just as Kundalini is.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Hello CaterpillarWoman,
    Funnily enough I ran across your blog last night and *really* liked it, and it's on my google rss reader
    I like it because it seems that you tend to avoid easy explanations of things. And also probably because I have some similar experiences and dilemmas.

Cheers~

MysticSage816 Guest

Do these sensations make you shiver, or feel 'shivery'? I think I may have the same sensations, but then again maybe not mine can also be caused by things like something touching my neck, so mine may be more of a physical phenomenon than yours.

James