Thread: Tulpa creation

Tulpa creation

Does anyone have any information on tulpa creation? I mean actually how to go through the process of creating one. Any experience would be very helpful thank you.

Re: Tulpa creation

You do it in the dark, containing the tulpa in a circle. The more vividly you can imagine / visualize the tulpa, the better. You feed the tulpa your attention / energy. There is nothing complicated to it; it is just extremely time consuming. You may want to start by practicing drawing your tulpa on paper. A lot. Trace the drawing with your fingertips. The intention is that you must believe in the separate, objective existence of your tulpa. Then you eventually reach a point where your tulpa can exist in sunlight and be visible to ordinary people. If you are lucky your tulpa can be a teaching deity. More commonly you have to destroy it, taking away your belief and energy to dissolve it. The purpose is to show by deliberately creating something that all existence is mind created - but we forgot having done it.

watrinh Guest

wouldn't that be just a thought form w/o a soul?

Quote Originally Posted by watrinh
    wouldn't that be just a thought form w/o a soul?
    A tulpa is not supposed to be a tulku.

Thank you Tom this has helped me alot. I already have the thoughtforms created in my mind and a former teacher told me these were just "blueprints" to bring them into existence, but sadly I lost contact with him a while ago. Have you created one before? Did the tulpa become dangerous? And what exactly is a tulku?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Then you eventually reach a point where your tulpa can exist in sunlight and be visible to ordinary people.
    You mean like materializing? Have you ever witnessed something like that?

So far I've only read about creating a tulpa. It takes a lot of time and effort. What I've read seems to indicate that creating a tulpa can be useful, but it is easy to lose control over your creation. The whole point is to give it independent existence. I don't know why anyone would want to do that. It is something I've only read about.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Tulpa

Tulpa (Wylie: sprul-pa; Sanskrit: nirmita [1] and nirmāṇa [2] ) is a Vajrayana, Bonpo and Tibetan Buddhist upaya concept, discipline and teaching tool. The term was first rendered into English as 'Thoughtform' by Evans-Wentz (1954: p. 29):

Inasmuch as the mind creates the world of appearances, it can create any particular object desired. The process consists of giving palpable being to a visualization, in very much the same manner as an architect gives concrete expression in three dimensions to his abstract concepts after first having given them expression in the two-dimensions of his blue-print. The Tibetans call the One Mind's concretized visualization the Khorva (Hkhorva), equivalent to the Sanskrit Sangsara; that of an incarnate deity, like the Dalai or Tashi Lama, they call a Tul-ku (Sprul-sku), and that of a magician a Tul-pa (Sprul-pa), meaning a magically produced illusion or creation. A master of yoga can dissolve a Tul-pa as readily as he can create it; and his own illusory human body, or Tul-ku, he can likewise dissolve, and thus outwit Death. Sometimes, by means of this magic, one human form can be amalgamated with another, as in the instance of the wife of Marpa, guru of Milarepa, who ended her life by incorporating herself in the body of Marpa." [3]
    In this quotation, "Sangsara" is an alternate English orthographic representation of "Saṃsāra", where ṃ denotes a nasalisation in the pronunciation, and therefore rendered "ng". Khorva, Tulku, Milarepa, Marpa and the illusory body are mentioned. In Buddhist phenomenology, "appearances" and "phenomena" are English renderings of "dharmas" (Sanskrit). The mindstream communion affected by the wife of Marpa in the abovementioned quotation, is an ancient mode of 'mind transmission' (Tibetan: dgongs brgyud) or 'empowerment' (Tibetan: dbang bskur) in the Himalayan traditions, documented in the folklore and anthropological studies of Himalayan and Siberian Shamanism. The Russian Psychiatrist Olga Kharitidi published her direct experience of this phenomenon in the Altay Mountains, where a shaman merged a stream of his consciousness continuum or 'spirit' with hers. [4] This phenomenon is a variation of the spiritual discipline of 'Phowa' (Tibetetan: 'pho ba) and is often rendered as 'spirit possession' within English anthropological discourse. [5]

I might try to make one. I'll write about it here if I decide to do it.

star Guest

I recently made a spirit, so that is probably useful to be able to do for anyone makin a tulpa
    It would be best for the ability to percieve in the astral around you and be somewhat experienced with the communication type that is not in the form of a body or words. Emotion and pure idea/thought comes in strongly. Projecting an emotion is important here.

Anyway, anything that you can't trust you shouldn't create. Unless you just want to damage yourself and others, or the soon-to-be sentient being you are making.