Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: How much choice is involved in the process of reincarnation?

Re: How much choice is involved in the process of reincarnation?

In response to Wallbridge... the desire you have now to be born into that future life will factor in to your final decision. BUT before that happens, you will rejoin the other parts of yourself, and remember the understanding of who you are, where you've been already, and all the choices available to you in the future... so very likely you (as a totality of who you are as a soul) will have an even better idea of what you want to experience next. You're correct in assuming we have say in these types of things. In the spirit world (and consequently in our incarnations) everything we experience is of our choosing. We're not locked into anything. But that gets complicated. Some people are in a type of independent study where they choose each and every life, one at a time, down to the last detail, with little oversight. That may be you. Others (like me) are on a long-term path or curriculum under the guidance of spirit guides, tutors, and life planners. Where we trust them more than we trust ourselves, to pine over minute details of future incarnations. That may be you as well. In either case, it's still of your choosing whether or not you continue with your curriculum, whatever it is. Chances are you are not taking things one life at a time, so be ready for that.

To reword my own rambling, as much as we may wish for one thing, as soon as we 'die' and leave body, go home, and remember the bigger picture... our minds change. That's happened to me several times, where I promise myself R&R after my life is done and instead I just jump to my next one when the time comes even if I'm exhausted spiritually. Right now, even, I really want to just rest and reflect after this life but I'm supposed to reincarnate in 2040's Denmark as a girl named Eden. And while I already know what happens to Eden and want to part in it, I know that in the end I'll change my mind. And there's not much I can do about it. It feels icky, like being chained to destiny, because I still can't quite wrap my mind around it. But that's my experience and it's my understanding of how things work.

Of course your higher self understands your desire to live that life as much as you do, since it is you, and since it has immediate access to all your lives simultaneously and in parallel, including this moment right now... the necessity of your nudging your HS, or HS nudging you, in any direction, becomes impossible and/or unnecessary. It if feels like you need to nudge your HS one way or another in regards to that future life, then you should say kindly 'wtf?' and explore why there's a discrepancy there.

Wallbridge Guest

I appreciate the responses again, and thanks for the memory, RP!

Giving this even more thought, I think I've made a mistake in thinking of the ol' HS as a firm taskmaster, trying desparately to achieve multiple goals and ascension for itself, when I should have been viewing it as a buddy who's trying to help me out. As for the lessons of what I should learn in this life, Serp, if the repetition of certain situations is any indication, I came to learn responsibility, self-reliance, charity, empathy, and duty. I've learned well all these lessons, except I need to put charity into practice more often.

Thanks for the detailed response, too, ymu. I hope that my HS knows that I don't want to lose the goals that I couldn't achieve in this life, and that it will hold off on rejoining the other pieces of myself for just a little longer. That is to say, that I will continue as a similar person in the next life and achieve what I wanted to as the person I am now, instead of putting me in a place that the whole of me wants to go. When my goals are complete, I'll gladly join everything up together and see what's next on my mission.

Perhaps after I die, I could quickly end up in an astral waiting room, get a short briefing of the next life, then shove on out to take on my next challenge ASAP. Also, now that you mentioned that people could live life by life or by a "story arc" of sorts, the former definitely sounds a whole lot more my style, so that may just be the life I'm leading. These ideas are very interesting, and I thank you for sharing them.

Giving this even more thought, I think I've made a mistake in thinking of the ol' HS as a firm taskmaster, trying desparately to achieve multiple goals and ascension for itself
    "K'IA! ~cracks whip~ TOIL, MY LITTLE ASPECTS! TOIL FOR MY ASCENSION!" <-Heh, that's the mental image I got when I read that.

So, I'm just going to throw out this odd thought. If time is non-linear, it's safe to assume that in my next life, I could be the brilliant caveman who invents the wheel, but honestly, what's stopping me from doing a "do-over" ... like ... Ya know, that last life stunk, let's try it again and make it better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dallen9998
    what's stopping me from doing a "do-over" ... like ... Ya know, that last life stunk, let's try it again and make it better.
    Who knows, it could be happening right now.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Knowing me, this is probably the 7th or 8th time. "Weeeell, last run was good, but it'd like to have acomplished ..."

Wallbridge Guest

"K'IA! ~cracks whip~ TOIL, MY LITTLE ASPECTS! TOIL FOR MY ASCENSION!" <-Heh, that's the mental image I got when I read that.
    When I was younger, between the age where I first learned about the astral realm and reincarnation and the age when I eliminated my depression and anger, this is exactly what I thought. I believed the HS was selfishly pursuing goals of personal, spritual fulfillment, and I was its slave... no better than a beatup old Volkswagen to be discarded when it had served its purpose.

I no longer consider myself a slave to anything else than what I bring upon myself, but I'm still concerned that my current ego will be absorbed by my HS when I die, my ego's dreams and wishes will be wiped away, and I will no longer be able to continue what I wanted to do in the next life. At the very least, however, if this does happen, I will know that I made all the correct choices in this life and lived it as an honorable man would have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbridge
    I'm still concerned that my current ego will be absorbed by my HS when I die
    Why is this a problem? I mean, I don't know nor do I even postulate on the supposed permanence of the soul (not sure I even believe in a discrete soul), but why is your current ego so important that it needs to worry about not existing? (I hope that doesn't sound rude; I promise it's not intended to be, but I can't find any more elegant way to word it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Wallbridge
    I will no longer be able to continue what I wanted to do in the next life
    Who is this "I" you're talking about? Seriously. Who/what is behind the ego? Find that, and you'll find much greater peace.

For what it's worth, I doubt very much that anything is ever really "lost". Time is not linear, and everything that has ever or will ever or can ever exist does so all at once. We can't fully appreciate this because of the limitation of ego, but I've had experiences where I've seen things that make me know for sure that time is not what we think it is. To quote Dr Who, it's just a ball of timey-wimey, wibbly-wobbly stuff. It's not a nice neat line like a filmstrip. Everything is, all the time. Nothing is lost, nothing is gained, nothing is destroyed, nothing is created. It's all there, all the time, right now.

Mind you, that's only my perception, based on many mystical experiences that I've managed to retain and process into something I can describe in words. The real truth is a lot bigger and absolutely defies silly things like language to define it.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Wallbridge Guest

Why is this a problem? I mean, I don't know nor do I even postulate on the supposed permanence of the soul (not sure I even believe in a discrete soul), but why is your current ego so important that it needs to worry about not existing? (I hope that doesn't sound rude; I promise it's not intended to be, but I can't find any more elegant way to word it.)
    Who is this "I" you're talking about? Seriously. Who/what is behind the ego? Find that, and you'll find much greater peace.
    It's ok, I know you're not being rude. Thank you for clarifying, though.

The reason this is a connundrum to me is the answer to your second question, actually. "I" is the human me, the one who resides within this body and is experiencing this world through it. This is the person whose goals and personality I don't want to lose. I wouldn't mind in the slightest if my next life were a different nationality, a different race, a different gender, a different body type or anything else, but I really don't want to come back as a murderer, a drug addict, a boring office worker, or any other honorless, dead end or boring (respectively) life like that. I can lose this body and this identity, but I don't want to lose what I, that is, the human me, want to do with my lives: see the world, meet thousands of people, make friends, work hard, and donate at least half of my paychecks to charity. I don't want to lose my love of people, my strong sense of self-reliance, duty and honor, or my love of freedom.

I really enjoy this illusory physical realm. If I were given the choice of a thousand lifetimes to come back here and grow, or to ascend to the next plane of existence full of beauty and wonder right now, I would choose to stay here. I like to earn what I keep, to wake up not knowing what's going to happen next, to watch myself grow bit by bit, to nurture and care for something and watch it take root. I love to fail in the things I don't like so I can abandon them and move on, and succeed in the things I love and feel pride in my accomplishments. I enjoy the pain as well as the pleasure, because the pain makes the pleasure that much sweeter.

That's why I'm not really interested in advancing beyond this plane to a place of pure love and beauty right now. When I want to learn how to play guitar in the physical, I have to work for the money to buy one, invest scads of time to practice, weather the bad times when my skill doesn't advance, and accept the fact that I will make mistakes, even as a master. If I want to compose a beautiful work of music in the astral, I just ask to. That doesn't sound fulfilling to me.

As such, there are things in this life I wanted to do, but because of present circumstances, I can't complete those goals now. That's why I'm concerned about being wiped clean to start anew as something this ego, that is, the human me, doesn't want. This is also the reason I'm trying to get into contact with my HS to confirm that I can continue the next life as the person I am now, just without the memories of this life, and be able to complete what I wanted to do. It's also why I teach myself every day to have faith in Mr. H, and myself, to not give up when I'm so close.

If I live a few more lives and find that this love of freedom and travel doesn't suit me, I will gladly find another way to spend my precious time here in the physical. What I don't want is to have this desire erased like chalk on a chalkboard, simply because of the nature of reincarnation. That's why I asked what I asked in this thread, and why I'm so thankful for all of your responses to get an idea of your opinions on the matter. Thank you all again for your support!

And when I get into contact with Mr. H, I'll let you guys know what he said, too.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

This is also the reason I'm trying to get into contact with my HS to confirm that I can continue the next life as the person I am now, just without the memories of this life, and be able to complete what I wanted to do. It's also why I teach myself every day to have faith in Mr. H, and myself, to not give up when I'm so close.
    Just wanted to say -- keep goin'.

I had the half-suspicion of "HS as spiritual taskmaster," though more than that I think my view was "HS as detached non-personality that has moved "beyond" caring what goes on here (as well as personality) and thus can't be consistently relied upon for any sort of support while I keep on with the daily slog."

At this point I have found to my satisfaction that neither is true. I have also found there to be a thread of continuity that runs through all my lives, so that while culture and circumstances are different, it's like... when I find things out about how other lives have gone, there's less a sense of "me as totally different person and no continuity with this life" and more the sense of "me in different circumstances, recognizably doing what I'd do under said circumstances." It's not that the HS just mixes and matches a bunch of traits and throws them into a lifetime as totally different people each time, like a Sims character; more like, a 3D microcosm of the HS, who plays the same evolving character at all levels but has to account for historical and personal circumstances here.

What I've observed is that there is continuity, but there's also the issue of the between-life memory wipe, followed by a bunch of programming and redirection (and in many cases, trauma) that obscures, distorts and fragments said continuity. As you've seen, while full of potential, this place is very good at putting people in situations where they've got the willingness, the awareness, the ability, pretty much everything BUT the tools they'd need to fully express and self-realize. Most who are able to move beyond the tendency to succumb and identify with and never question the programming and misdirection, go the route of trying to get rid of the Self in order to overcome the disparity and the discomfort it causes. My approach is a bit different -- IMO it is not the Self that is the problem, it's the fact that we forget ourselves each time and then have to spend decades just going "wait, what was I doing, again?"... and that's if we even think to ask. Then there are those who discover a strong sense of who they are, but feel like they've woken up in a life that completely doesn't match, and have no way to get from A to B, which you may be able to relate to. So, I'm aiming, not for self-annihilation, but to overcome the lapses in continuity and establish a working flow of energy and information between the HS and all lifetimes in real-time. That should expedite this whole business of integration and expression methinks.

Anyway, I don't want to bias your own exploration before you've established reliable communication with your HS -- take whatever encouragement you can from this, discard the rest and keep on truckin'.

I've been reading a lot of Robert Monroe and he seems to think after a few cycles through the human process, you start to choose you're next life and the duration of it. He also says humans can get caught in the process or repeated reincarnation because they get so foucused on the physical world. Idn if this is for sure, but its something to think about.

JS
    new...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast