So I've been experimenting some with mirror shields lately, to do a "return-to-sender" on some negative energy that's been being sent my way. At first, I found I couldn't really put one up. It was too hard to visualize a mirror-bubble encasing my entire self while simultaneously feeling it tactilely, and while making sure there were no gaps in my visualization or tactile sense of the mirrors. Then I talked to the reiki master I go see about it, and she said that simply visualizing/feeling it as best I could (without trying excessively hard) while stating my intention would do the trick.

So I tried it tonight, and it seemed to work. I stated my intention as follows:

"'Return-to-sender' mirror of protection be around me. Mirror be seamless, and last for two hours."

I modeled the phrase after the "circle of protection" technique, thinking that if I specified that it was a mirror of protection, then it would not "return-to-sender" any energy that I didn't need protecting from; similar to how the circle works, it would let the positive through. I'm going to feel things out over the next two hours and see if I am able to receive positive energy without having to consciously specify in each instance that it can get through the mirrors.

What do the more experienced shield-users here think? Is it possible to program a mirror shield to only let in positive and to reflect negative, and if so, is this a good way to do it? That's why I specified that it only last two hours. I don't want to have this shield reflecting things indiscriminately.

On a semi-unrelated note...WOOHOO! I made my first shield that actually does seem to filter out at least some negative stuff. This is so huge for me! And I wouldn't have gotten to this point so quickly without nudging from the community here. Thank you, especially CaterpillarWoman, who really drove the point home.