Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need big help

Need big help

Ok, everytime I think about life, i get this sick feeling. I have no idea why, and that thought leads me into other thoughts like what if this was all a dream, and just bad thoughts. Another one is life has no purpose in the end. I hate thinking about these things. When I try to stop myself though its like I have this sick feeling in my stomach.

Ill keep you guys posted, and tell you some of the thoughts i have during the day.
    But please someone snap me back to reality.

stargazer Guest
    brettb, from the little you've said, it sounds like you have some generalized anxiety... the "Sick feeling in your stomach" is a big red flag for that. I have the same condition.

The next time that you get that "Sick" feeling in your stomach, and have those kinds of thoughts... see what happens when you change that thought and put in a mundane kind of thought. The "Sick" feeling SHOULD stay put, which is a signal to you that it's not the thought that's causing the sick feeling. Accept that you're feeling a bit "out of it" and that the feeling will pass, and don't give any weight to those thoughts. Sort of like pulling yourself out of depression... I tell myself, regardless of how bad I feel right now, I will eventually feel better, so best just accept it til it passes. Some deep, calming breaths help.. they are a signal to your body that you should relax as you are not in danger, and it will help the stomach feeling settle.

I'm also in an anxiety study and take medication ... it has been a BIG help. Kava tea is good for settling anxiety as well.

~sending some energy your way~

I really can't explain the feeling, but to add to what ive said it's more of a feeling than a thought. Like at times I can actually make myself feel like im in a dream, and it's not gone untill I am done thinking about it.
    Can u guys give me some scientific facts of life or just anything would help.
    Thanks, Brett.

Blog Entries
    Hi Brett,
    "Anxiety" can be used to mean so many different things. So,I might be totally off the mark but I'll try...

Here's what I found helpful: a really good magnesium supplement. I kept getting a twitchy eye and muscle pain- a few people, over time, had mentioned magnesium was good for this so I tried it. I also noted on the bottle that it helps with "mild" anxiety.

Very soon my eye stopped twitching (not chakra related) and I slept better. Then I ran out and thought I'd get around to getting some more. Before I knew it, I was feeling unreasonably depressed, not just anxious. So, I resumed and felt better within a very short time.

My husband has started taking it too and says he feels much better for it.

There are a lot of other herbal remedies for anxiety, of course. I find increasing physical activity (even if you do a lot already) can help. It seems to eliminate unneeded hormones that can throw the balance (this might be a woman thing though). Get enough sunlight too and regular sleep if possible. Feeling overwhelmed by too much work is a fast track to anxiety as is boredom and the feeling that work is unchallenging or meaningless. Avoid reading doom and gloom materials too.

These things pass. Sometimes a little therapy can save a lot of angst. Sometimes too we spend too much time in introspection and we just need to get out and about and have fun as best we can. Maybe you're life isn't quite measuring up to expectation at the moment and you have a fear it will always be this way. There's no reason to believe this just as there's no reason to buy into the myth that we should be ever cheerful.

Cheers
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    How old are you? Because sometimes on 'transformative' growth periods, like adolescence, natural hormonal imbalances (temporary) can cause generalized anxiety or depression. So you may be going through a natural phase. Like stargazer said, sometimes natural supplements can help- sometimes talking about your problems help also.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Chris Guest
    I'm not that old now, but I remember around the age of 11+ I used to feel so close to the edge of insanity I could taste it. It was a feeling in my head which is very hard to describe - thankfully I didn't slip into insanity - or I haven't noticed if I have lol On many occasions reality did feel like a dream.
    I have even earlier memories, around the age of 4 and wishing I could be solider in a jigsaw puzzle I had. That way I would never age, never die, and the fear of death/the unknown wouldn’t matter any more.

Even now sometimes I lie in bed at night and I guess feel a sort of fear regarding possibilities of what reality is. Not a fear which is tangible, it’s a much more complex feeling. The only way I can put it into words is such as knowledge of being totally alone on my path. For example, as a child, parents could make it all better - so if anything scared you, they could put your fear at ease and make you feel better. But with exploring consciousness, although you can talk to others about it, you are 100% on your own and the only help you can really get is from yourself. It reminds me of tripping (Taking psychedelics), once you’ve taken them you have to face whatever happens as there is no way out of it.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, if we start exploring reality, consciousness, self (in terms of ourselves), sometimes it is overwhelming. We are facing an unknown and it can invoke fear reactions.

These bad thoughts you mention, are they anything specific?

Another one is life has no purpose in the end
    I used to experience this too . I guess people might say it suggestion depression, but it wasn’t that. It was knowledge of the futility of the capitol existence. Working each day to feed myself, doing the generic things, car, family, house, retire, die. And it all seemed so pointless.
    The way over this is to find interests, things that excite you, make you feel alive, and then follow them.

Matthew Guest
    Brettb,
    A few ideas... I'll not go too deeply into them as they might not be your cup of tea.
    Basically, the part of your unconscious that interfaces with your ego (this is the other half of your ego called the "unconscious ego") is sending feelings through to you that are interpretted as the thoughts "life isn't worth living" or "there is no purpose to life"....something like this. Why would your unconscious "twin" be sending you these signals?

It is usually because there is a more stressful attack taking place on a deeper, repressed level of the unconscious. Somewhere a part of yourself is wrestling with a terrible, passive feeling (whether this is totally you or partly Neg inspired would take research on your part- Negs implanting core images create a very passive and wounding experience).

If you feel disassociated from reality, life, and a deeper purpose, what would you be cutting off? A deep connection with others? A feeling of satisfaction in yourself? Again, why would your unconscious ego create this situation or, at least, allow it to persist? It is because there is a bigger battle being fought here. Usually, this battle takes place on all the six main layers of the unconscious. I would suggest that your unconscious ego is deliberately cutting you off from outside reality to protect you. Protect you from what? Usually, the same issue is reflected internally as well as externally (microcosm=macrocosm). From your post, I would think that the external-internal problem is that you don't feel in control of your life...and even more terrible, you feel forced to do things by people who you feel are totally inept and incapable of making good decisions. You feel like you are running around in a circle. (You might not feel like this consciously...take some time to explore your deeper feelings on this issue.) Your unconscious ego is protecting you from the "terrors" of the outside world (and your inner world) by distancing and disassociating you from it. I have some techniques for exploring and eradicating these neurotic issues if you are interested; however, Robert Bruce's core image removal techniques would probably be faster at redirecting what the alchemists called their "poison."

Take care,
    Matthew

Thanks Chris!
    It sounds exactly like what I am going through.
    I am 15 years old by the way.

Thanks Mathew for your post as well, it's a little complicating but I think i get the just of it. I would very much like to try those techniques that you have.

Re: Need big help

Quote Originally Posted by brettb
    Ok, everytime I think about life, i get this sick feeling. I have no idea why, and that thought leads me into other thoughts like what if this was all a dream, and just bad thoughts. Another one is life has no purpose in the end. I hate thinking about these things. When I try to stop myself though its like I have this sick feeling in my stomach.

Ill keep you guys posted, and tell you some of the thoughts i have during the day.
    But please someone snap me back to reality.
    Well I dont know why you are feeling this but I can say that we are in heaven so don't feel so bad, enjoy heaven.

Matthew Guest
    From your post, I would think that the external-internal problem is that you don't feel in control of your life...and even more terrible, you feel forced to do things by people who you feel are totally inept and incapable of making good decisions. You feel like you are running around in a circle.
    I am 15 years old by the way.
    Haha... yes, that would explain you not feeling in control of your life, etc...

I'll try to post something tonight on some techniques.

Regards,
    Matthew