Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need big help

Thanks for all your guys support so far.

Many people such as my parents and people who know what theyre talking about say it is a hormonal stage. Now I don't really know much about hormonal stages, like if they are good thing, if they make you smarter, if there bad things. It's all mixed emotions, feelings, thoughts right now. I also know that I tend to be a little more of a negative thinker, I turn to positive thoughts when I am doing a good action i.e scoring points in a basketball ball game, then I start thining positive and more confident and before I know it I got 20 points.

This, what I now believe to be, hormonal stage is not really so fun. Except the fact that I'm beginning to think outside of the box and, from diffrent points of views now. But otherwise it's not that fun because it's sort of changed my view on things and I think it's sort of a shock to me. Like I'll just be looking at things in the physical world and it will look diffrent, I have no idea why it looks diffrent but it does.

One of the people I have asked about this said the same type of thing happened to him when he was about my age. He is an older guy, and he said that he was just sitting down and a wave of energy (i guess) came over him and he said that it's like he was thinking like a kid and then when the wave came over him he thought like and adult.

Now Patty(Mom, i'd like to call u that ) it's very hard for me to change the way I think. I mean iv'e tried changing the way I think before but it takes my full attention and it's hard for me(I'm a really deep thinker). So can you explain to me what you mean by "Love and Light. Like do you want me to be nicer to people, because I allready know I am as nice as I can be unless I go out of my way to do things for people. But I allready know I'm respectful and I know i'm an extremely loving person. So if you could just explain that i would love you even more for it.

Sorry Matthew, but I am really knew to learning about counsciousness and stuff like that so when your saying all this stuff to do with that I have a real hard time understanding what your talking about. So you can talk to me like you would talk to a normal 15 year old.
    All I know is that there is a consious, sub-counscious, thats about it .

Thanks again for all your guys supports, this is my latest news on the subject.

Hi Brett,
    It's really not that fun to be a teenager. Most of us look back on that time as one of the hardest times of our life. Hormones - they are these wacky little chemicals that are responsible for making your body turn from a child to an adult. The process can be tough, as they also affect your brain and your moods. Ever hear of the term "moody teenager"? And, on top of that, peer pressure seems to be at it's height during those same years. You know, the competitiveness between the popular kids, the nerdy kids, and the kids who are just plain different. Everyone is trying to fit in somewhere, and everybody feels like they are different. Things usually improve when you get out of school and your body settles down.

Being a deep thinker is a good thing. It means you have more maturity than a lot of the kids around you. You told me before that most of your friends are more worried about how they look, etc. than they are about finding what life is all about. You are ten steps ahead of them.

It's funny you mentioned how the world will sometimes look different to you. I posted somewhere? about an experience I had at your age. I was walking with a bunch of friends at night when time stood still for me and I was in a totally different reality. A voice said to me that our reality is not real. I knew instantly that there is more out there than just everyday life. Very, very strange and had no idea what it was. Now, I understand it was a part of my psychic abilities showing up. Sounds like you are having the same things. It's a gift! Look at it as something special that few people get to experience.

Hurray for you that you are a nice and loving person!!! I admire you for that. There are quite a few mean and cruel people, your age and mine. We need more people like you in the world.

You already know how to think positively...your example of your basketball game. Just keep doing that a little at a time. No one is positive all the time. You should hear me, I just yelled at my husband to leave me alone because I'm typing this to you! LOL! It's ok to be a negative thinker, you just don't want to get yourself so depressed that you have a hard time just being in the world. Be aware, catch yourself when you start getting deep into negative thoughts and try to change them to something more positive. It's a skill, just like your basketball. Were you able to score the first time you tried? I bet you had to practice. It's the same thing. We create our own world. You have to make the choice for yourself. Do you want to be sad and depressed, or do you want to work at it, and create a new way of thinking? It's a lifetime challenge. No one gets it 100% all the time. Us adults are still struggling to make our lives better and more positive. But, it's really worth it. It will help you all through your life when things get tough. You'll know that you will be ok no matter how bad things look. Look at you, you are eternal! You are indestructible.

It might help if you spend a little time asking your spiritual guides to help you out. They won't make life rosy for you, but they will give you knowledge and help you get through the tough times. Keep asking for their help, and then wait and watch. Look for answers they give you...a helpful book you find at the right time, a friend who shows up just when you thought you were alone, a friend on the internet when you have questions!

Now, I have to ask you this. Has something really bad happened to you in your life? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, you don't have to post it. If you feel the need, you always know you can pm me.

So, I think I answered all your questions. You are doing good, you are asking and not keeping things all bottled up. Keep learning!
    Love and Light,
    Patty

Matthew, a basic psychology course? I have a psychology degree, a Registered Nurse license, and am a Certified Crisis Counselor. And, Freud was not the end all and be all of the human psyche. He was a bit nuts himself when it came to women and their sexuality.

I think I'd be a bit careful about overstepping your bounds. There is such a thing as practicing medicine without a license. Unless you are licensed, I'd keep the advice on a little more practical level and leave off the psycho babble. Having psychotherapist parents does not make one a psychotherapist. I apologize in advance if you are licensed.

Also, I would never give someone a music tape and think I solved their problem. Don't be ridiculous. I also do not have the large ego it takes to believe you can solve someone else's problem. All healing is self-healing. All we can do is guide another person and offer advice. And, I have worked with obsessive-compulsive people.

Matthew Guest
    You're right, Painterhypnogirl. I am not a therapist. I have an MBA and run a company. That's where my schooling ended. However, let's not be patronizing here. You are an RN and crisis counselor...not a licensed therapist either. I respect your credentials and am glad that you are out there helping people.

Regards,
    Matthew

I'm not being patronizing. I am very careful about not overstepping my bounds, and staying within the legal scope of my practice. I have a duty (ethical as well as legal) to refer out when someone's problem is beyond my education, and have to do so fairly often. I'm sorry if I came across as patronizing, I'm just very sensitized because of all the ethics classes I had to take, that's all. I see far too many people in my business taking on clients they really shouldn't. (In case you didn't know, I'm a Clinically Certified Hypnotherapist and minister not interested in having a church).
    Love and Llight,
    Patty

Oh, and I went to Law School and dropped out. Hehehehe! Hard to fit a free spirited, mystical mind into a logical brain!!! You seem to have done that better than I could!

Matthew Guest
    Yeah... and I went into the family business and started a psych degree before getting a BA in English....then going on to business...quite a direction change

I know I come across as gloom and doom sometimes. I will take your advice to heart. People often need a more uplifting message. I sometimes feel like there is unneeded "sugarcoating" in life and this makes me more abrupt than I need to be.

And yes... I deliberately went into business because at the time I felt it would round out my spiritual side and prove a good testing ground for my philosophy on life. It is definitely the "trenches" as they say.

Peace to you, Patty.

-Matthew

Blog Entries
    Matt and Patty,

Hi. I think Brett would agree that you've both helped him just by showing him you care enough to respond to his posting.

As a teacher, working as the pastoral care co-ordinator for a time, I was sent to a suicide prevention course. The point these qualified psychologists/ social workers made is that we're all responsible for looking after eachother, even people we don't know. You do not have to work in a particular field. They speculated (or perhaps it was more than speculation) that hairdressers and taxi drivers save as many lives as psychologists do.

Brett said he was experiencing anxiety. It unfolded that perhaps he's experiencing a greater existential angst. He's growing up, as are we all. A number of people showed they cared about him (and, why not, he's been a delightful presence on these forums- but that's neither here nor there). Many of us attributed Brett's state to his age (but we all know he'll experience this kind of thing when he's older too) and made practical suggestions and gave spiritual advice that he can explore for himself, as is appropriate to his situation. It's very likely he'll now discover new methods that will aid him through his life.

Brett, you sound like the resourceful resilient type to me. Good luck.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Good post, Beekeeper! Brett is doing much better, now. Hey, Brett, post so people will know you're ok!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast