Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Astral Projection vs. Religion?

1. Re: Astral Projection vs. Religion?

Here's two Translations...I have five but, the other three couldn't fit because of size. Very interesting and addictive in my opinion but, then again I might be the only one...I am a mystic at heart.
    If you go fast enough...
    You can't see where you came from.

Andre' Staander

Blog Entries

Re: Astral Projection vs. Religion?

Thanks, Samuel.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

I was watching a movie, and this quote made me think:

"All religion is flawed because man is flawed. Even this one." - Catholic Priest

Does this mean religion is at the very least, partially man-made because man can't interpret the absolute truth in it's purest form if it were presented to him?

4. Re: Astral Projection vs. Religion?

Does this mean religion is at the very least, partially man-made because man can't interpret the absolute truth in it's purest form if it were presented to him?
    I don't know...I think you might be underestimating the human race. I think if we were presented the absolute truth we would be able to comprehend it at least partially. And even if we wouldn't be able to, I would still like to uncover it. Plus-- If religion wasn't extremely complex and challenging it wouldn't be interesting, IMO.

Which reminds me...@CF

How good are you at accessing the Akashic Records? And what are your techniques?
    If you go fast enough...
    You can't see where you came from.

Andre' Staander

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by daveyboy63
    I was watching a movie, and this quote made me think:

"All religion is flawed because man is flawed. Even this one." - Catholic Priest
    Yes, but not because of that- religion is the institutionalization of what starts out as direct revelation- and the institutionalization and dogmatization is man made. And if the religion gets old enough, the original revelation gets pushed aside, and the control structure is what remains. The original prophet's direct revelation is understandable by him (or her), but it doesn't mean that the subsequent worshippers are equipped to "get it".

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel431
    ...Which reminds me...@CF

How good are you at accessing the Akashic Records? And what are your techniques?
    I've done it time and again, and with some validations- but I wouldn't say I'm 'good' at it, as I've not gone there 'on conscious purpose'. It's been more like 'when I needed it'.
    My technique is simple, just go into meditation and pay attention.

I know this is slightly off-topic, but it would be interesting to hear people's opinions on this concept:

Let's assume that there is no such thing as God, Jesus, Heaven, etc. Now think about the saying, "Your thoughts create your reality," and then maybe think about something similiar to the Law of Attraction. If our assumption is true... is heaven, God, and 'all the above' created by widespread solid belief in such things? (Such as the Christian community)

Let me know what you think.

Blog Entries

God is a title, which can be understood in many ways.

Some think of God as an entity in itself, set apart in space and time. Or to some, from space and time.
    Some people think of God as an energy, the energy that makes things happen.
    Some people think of God as the sum total of all that is, (or the universe/multiverse) and others think God is that, and also the potentiality of all that can be.
    If the Law of Attraction is true (that is, you create what you think about in one form of another) this means that we are part of the creative force of the universe; i.e. 'agents of God', or 'God in expression'. So it depends on what your opinion of what God is.

So, when you say "if God doesn't exist", you are also saying "The Law of Attraction doesn't exist" either.
    At least in my understanding.

Which is why the question is so prickly; it makes so many presuppositions right from the start.

Blog Entries

ps.
    Friendly admin warning:
    If this post is intended to have a philosophical discussion on the nature of God, religion, metaphysical laws, it's allowed within the bounds of this forum. However, if it deteriorates into an insult to religion, an attack on religion, proselytizing of one form or another, (my religion is better than yours) or (all of you are idiots for believing a, b, or c) then the thread will be locked.

Palehorse Redivivus Guest

Let's assume that there is no such thing as God, Jesus, Heaven, etc. Now think about the saying, "Your thoughts create your reality," and then maybe think about something similiar to the Law of Attraction. If our assumption is true... is heaven, God, and 'all the above' created by widespread solid belief in such things? (Such as the Christian community)
    What I think is a mix of possibilities. If you take Jesus for instance (and don't dispute that the man existed as some do), then the being that the man was part of, still exists, and has always been independent of anyone's beliefs about himself. Then you have "thoughtform Jesus(es)" which also exist... and probably have a lot more influence in the functioning of the Christian religion than the actual "original" Jesus. Whether the original guy chooses to have any dealings at all with religion, followers, etc. etc. is solely up to him, as a sovereign being. Whereas, the thoughtforms are actually the ones that "perform" as expected, because they're basically software programs that can't do much else. A software program with a sense of self preservation is in direct conflict with the concept of sovereignty though, and that's where we get various systems of control, whether it's the thoughtforms in command of the people, rather than the people learning how to be masters of themselves. Ironically this means that "following Jesus" and following the Christian religion may well be mutually exclusive.

Same goes for most religious figures IMO -- there is whatever being originally went by the name, and then there are various images of said being that take on a life of their own. There are probably also some of the "big names" who originated as thoughtforms as you describe, and I personally think they can become sovereign and free themselves from the need to self-perpetuate via controlling others, though I don't have much solid idea of how that comes about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2