Thread: New to OBE' Feedback appreciated.

New to OBE' Feedback appreciated.

Nice to meet you all, I’m very new to the process of “OBE’s” and Astral Projection as a whole, I’ve been reading through material and trying to get a general knowledge of what I’m doing prior to acting stupid – Don’t build a house without a floorplan for lack of a better analogy.
    Anyways, let me explain to you my situation, maybe I can get some feedback. I’ll try to be as detailed as possible of what occurred as well, hope my description helps. Again this is my first time ever attempting this, I’ve done Aikido in the past where mediation is a part of the curriculium so I’ve mediateted before but never attempted anything like this.

So I laid on my bed, on my back and just laid comfortable with my eyes closed. My mind was instantly flooded with messages, mainly horror imagery as well as mini movies of horror going on (I had seen some scary movies earlier, and was looking into some demon stuff on wikipedia earlier in the day) so I think the ideas were on my mind freshly. Anyways, I started to get control of my concentration, turning these images into numbers, turned numbers into rabbits running around, moving them back into numbers and rotating them clockwise all with my mind as I laid there breathing. I read online that you should focus your mind on counting, so I tried to count. Fast forwarding first my arms got really tense, The best way I could describe it was that physically I felt like they could not be moved almost like they fell asleep, but in my mind I felt as if I wanted too I could, however I did not try because I tried to stay focused on picturing numbers.

Eventually my feed also felt the same as my arms only the tenseness was stronger in my right foot versus any other part of my body.. I couldn’t see it but I felt maybe my big toe and the toe to the right of that one crigned, and retained their cringed position, they did not go back to a relaxing position. I was unable to relax it because my legs felt numb. As I continued to do this I felt like my whole body at this point was numb it was not necessarily tingling so I don’t want to say I was tingling, if I was barely noticeable.. but I did feel like I could not move.
    At this point I tried to imagine my room, anything or everything, the bathroom to my right, the cabinet to my left, my computer room north east. I couldn’t keep the image constant but I could flash to each image through flashes of white light… It felt like my eyes were open the light was so bright but I mentally knew my eyes were still closed.
    At this point my right foot really cringed again.. and my eyes felt like they were opening but I knew they were not because at this point the white light was all I could see, even thinking of an image I could not see anything but White as if staring into a surgery table in a hospital just super bright and my body felt like it was rising… but somewhere along the lines of this occuring my brain told me I needed to breathe more, and at this point I felt like my body was almost in an arch motion when I told myself to open my eyes, and when I did I was still lying down normally but I had to take a huge breath. My body seemed like it had ran a marathon and I glanced at the clock and noticed only 9 minutes had passed, regardless I was so drained I fell asleep maybe 30secs – 1 minute later. Woke up feeling great though like I never had a better sleep.

Any thoughts of what occurred, any tips on what I can try to do each night to overcome this? Any help will help thank you.
    Email or contact me on AIM if you want as well - Treeonapple

edit: Please use button to email Shukoii.

Re: New to OBE' Feedback appreciated.

Your body feeling numb and not being able to move was probably sleep paralysis. And seeing the light through your eye lids was most likely astral vision, where you actually see through your energy body's eyes (so you were seeing with youre eyes closed). Your body feeling so weak after would most likely mean you projected and just didnt remember it. Did you use a projection technique?

JS
    new...

You know just coming to the forums, I have picked up on some techniques reading through here which will definitely help me, I will have to try some next time, I've read I guess the "rope" technique can be pretty easy?

This was my first time trying this so I cannot really say I did anything correct haha my goal was to get as far as concentrating with my mind, but maybe I got further?

Blog Entries

The rope technique is easy if you start it after you're tranced. If you use it too early in the procedure, it may be difficult. Just jumping in with my two cents.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    The rope technique is easy if you start it after you're tranced. If you use it too early in the procedure, it may be difficult. Just jumping in with my two cents.

what would you reccomend?

A lot of people like the rope technique but its all in you prefference. I'd reccomend the rope and the water skii techniques.

JS
    new...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shukoii
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler

what would you reccomend?
    I would recommend you do breathing meditation, many trance techniques for some time, and then energy body loosening techniques before starting on rope. And when you do start, do not stop until you've either projected or passed out. Don't stop even if you think you have 'missed the window of opportunity'.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.