I'm trying to learn more about Mystik Jawa, or Javanese Mysticism. I'm going to do a project on it for my comparative religions class. It's really important to me that I do this "right," it is a topic that is very close to my heart for personal reasons.

However, I know very little about it so far, and I've run into some snags in my research. I found what seems like a good book on Javanese mysticism by Harun Hadiwijono, bought it, and now have some further questions. I've scoured Google for more information on one mystic in particular, named Paryana, but most of the results I find are in Javanese. Does anyone know of any good books or online resources that I could search through for more information, especially webforums where this is discussed in English? So far I've found one forum for discussing "Asian culture" that had a Indonesian subsection, and one forum for discussing Subud that is extremely inactive. There's very little out there if the only language you can speak is English (and I can see why, it's just frustrating.) I'm actually considering learning Javanese. It'd be great if I found some stuff in English for now, though, because I want to do this for my class project and don't have time to learn Javanese in the space of the remainder of this semester.

Does anyone know anything about this?